Night Lords 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Night Lords 1500

heya, im dusting off my old night lord army, as i have discovered that undivided are the best chaos about =P. I play mostly against slow armies (except nids) so im going for speed.

What do you think

Chaos Lord
    Daemon Weapon
    Wings
    Melta Bombs
    Personal Icon

Elites
    6 Chosen
    Champion
    Power Weapon
    Icon of Slaanesh
    Plasma Gun

Troops
    9 Chaos Space Marines
    2 Plasma Guns
    Champion w/ Fist

Rhino
    Extra Armour
    Havoc Launcher

10 Chaos Space Marines
    2 Melta Guns
    Champion w/ Fist

Rhino
    Extra Armour
    Havoc Launcher

6 Lesser Daemons

Fast Attack
    3 Bikers
    Champion w/ Power Fist
    Mark of Chaos Glory

8 Raptors
    2 Melta Guns
    Lightning Claws
    Melta Bombs
    Icon of Slaanesh

Heavy Support
    2x 1Obliterator

Comments and Criticism Wanted =)

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

You're weak against vehicles. That's the main issue thus far. Let's take each unit in turn:

HQ: Good. Nothing wrong here. I'm going to suggest that you drop the melta bombs and the personal icon in order to have points for additional upgrades. We'll get to these later.

Chosen: The unit is too small to sustain 3 special weapons and a power weapon. You only have 2 wounds, before you start losing valuable models. Either increase the size to 7-8 or drop the a.c. and the power weapon. Also, if you increase the unit size, then consider upgrading to a power fist and also taking the Glory Icon.

Troosp: Your first troop choice is illegal. You must have 10 models in order to claim a second special weapon.

Rhino: Havoc launcher or extra armor. This is a hard call, as both are good. In games less than 2000 points, having both these upgrades gets very expensive. Take one or the other, and use the remaining points for further upgrades (again, we'll get to this later).

Note about rhinos: When fielding rhinos, you need other high priority vehicles (predators &/or defilers) to take the focus off your rhinos. In other words, your enemy will obviously target your rhinos with his/her tank busting weaponry, if there aren't any other tanks on the board. You want to down shift the priority status of your rhinos, by fielding other vehicles.

Lesser Daemons: Six daemons isn't going to do much. It's a nice speed bump, but you really need at least 8, possibly 10, in order for lesser daemons to really have an effect. Drop them for further upgrades.

Bikes: A power fisting champion with only 3 wounds to the squad has a good chance of getting killed before he can get his attacks. You really need at least 5 bikes in order to justify the cost of an a.c.. This unit would work best, simply, as a 3-4 man squad with 2 melta guns.

Raptors: Fine

Oblits: Fine. However, in order to protect your rhinos, I'm going to suggest that you drop this unit in favor of a predator. With the additional points from the other suggested reductions, you have a total of 250 points. This is only 10 points shy off fielding 2 predators with las-sponsons.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Hmmm, points taken.....

Well the main reason im not using preds is cos i dont have any and im low on money atm, so, lets try this list.

HQ
    Daemon Prince (this guy will hopefully take fire off the rhinos, and if not then their loss ^^)
    Wings
    Icon of Tzeentch
    Warptime

Elites
    4 Terminators
    2 Combi Plasmas
    2 Single Lightning Claws
    2 Pairs of Lightning Claws
    Icon of Khorne

Troops
    10 Chaos Marines
    2 Plasmas
    Champ w/ Fist
    Icon of Chaos Glory

10 Chaos Marines
    2 Meltas
    Champ w/ Fist
    Icon of Chaos Glory

2 Rhinos
    Extra Armour

Fast Attack
    7 Raptors
    2 Meltas
    Champion w/ LC
    Icon of Khorne

7 Raptors
    2 Meltas
    Champion w/ LC
    Icon of Khorne

Heavy Support
    Obliterator

Obliterator

Defiler

1485 (what to spend the last 15 points on.... im tempted to lose 25 points and add another 2 raptors, but i wouldnt mind making some termies champions)
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a good list overall. You don't have a lot of basic mid-ranged bolter fire, but the defiler helps compensate for this, as do the two obliterators.

Termis: A single lightning claw might not be worth it. However, it does allow you the re-rolls of all 4 attacks, so this in itself is a good thing. Plus, having the combi-plasmas in conjunction with a single lightning claw gives that particular model quite an offensive payload- both at range and in c.c.. Overall, these termis are expensive, which is the one thing they have against them. I'm sure they will be deep striking, yes? Having only 4 models gives your opponent, if he/she choses, a fairly easy out for taking them all down at range during the following turn. For this reason, you may consider either greatly reducing their cost, so as their point investment isn't too much, or increasing their numbers.

While the c.c. tricks of the claws and the IoK are certainly good attributes, they aren't worth their cost on such a small unit that may very well get taken out at range the following round. Plus, the IoK is proportionally expensive on a 4 man squad. Try something like this:

4 terminators
    *3x combi-plasmas
    *1x heavy flamer (same cost as the combi-plasmas, but much better against swarms and only slightly weaker against marines)

You can also increase the squad count by 2 with combi-plasmas, bringing the total to 210. This is comparable to your current termi configuration and much more brutal at range. Just a thought.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Hmmm, the only problem there, again is models. I have £30, (im 15 so you people know) and im considering termies, but i really want the new marines. So, my termies are 200 points, what about fitting in 8 Zerkers in a rhino? and dropping a few marines to get them. Any suggestions?
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread