Khorne based 2k New Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Khorne based 2k New Codex

Khorne based, take on all comers - 2,000pt List

2007 Chaos Codex

HQ

Chaos Lord of Khorne: Wings, MoK, Pair of Lightning Claws [150pts]

Daemon Prince of Khorne: MC, MoK, Wings [140pts]

ELITE

Squad of 10 Chosen of Khorne: IoK, 2x Meltagun, 1x Power Weapon, 1x Pair of Lightning Claws. Aspiring has Power Fist [305pts]

TROOPS

Squad of 6 Chaos Space Marines: 1x Plasmagun [105pts]

Squad of 8 Berzerkers: Skull Champion has Power Fist [208pts]

FAST

Squad of 8 Khorne Chaos Bikers: IoK, 2x Meltagun. Champion has Power Fist. [354pts]

Squad of 5 Chaos Bikers: 2x Meltagun. Champion has Power Fist. [225pts]

HEAVY

Chaos Predator: Twin-Linked Lascannon, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight [105pts]

Chaos Predator: Twin-Linked Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Deamonic Possession, Smoke Launchers [155pts]

Chaos Land Raider: Sponson Twin-Linked Lascannons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Dozer Blade, Smoke Launchers [240pts]

1,982points

This is my first Khorne list done with the new Codex. Generally I like this Codex.

As you can see there’s a few points left to spend.

Comments and criticisms would be very welcome.

Lord Ramon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Lord Ramon, i won't patronise you with the nitty gritty of squad dynamics, i know you're a chaos player.

However.. i'll say that your squads are expensive and your body count is pretty low.

Also, you have 15 points free to buy another marine! Don't waste the points man! *cries*

What are your thoughts with the list?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

My thoughts on the list are similar to Karmoon's; your fielding less than forty marines and have tied in just under 15% of your points on your HQ's. (I've always tried to go by keeping your HQ(s) total points at around 10% of the army total.)

Since this is a 2k list I know that two HQ's are viable but do you think you really need them both? I would consider taking out the khorne lord, he has a decent number of attacks but he is outperformed by the khorne daemon prince.

Other than the khorne lord, I would also seriously suggest you take out that land raider. At ten percent of your points it is something you may be able to do without.

Other than that, you really need to do something about your numbers. I would suggest you take away from the chosen squad, maybe reduce it to eight men instead of ten, so you can add a few more bodies to the chaos marine squad.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

The critical aspect to my army is to get into close combat asap, hence the Land Raider, two flying HQs, and the bikes. The bikes need the HQs to be effective.

In the previous edition, I used a crazy all Aspiring Chosen Khorne unit, all on Chaos Steeds with FNP. They rocked and won me games.

I can't do that anymore (mutter mumble........), but I still want to use speed.

You're absolutely correct that my body count is far too low, and if I get into a slugging match, I'm in trouble.

Any thoughts on the negative side of Daemonic Possession?

Thanks, Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to keep some speed but up the body count, consider this:

Take out your bikers, and throw in 2 x 8 Raptors w Fisty and dual Meltas
    With the points left over, up your 6 man squad to 10 and put some fun stuff in, like second plasma.

I don't really like Possession on a Predator now, it's supposed to be one of your hard hitting shooters, you don't really want the lower BS. Take it off and you have furter more points to invest in your numbers.
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

+ Reply to Thread