1000 Ec - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 Ec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Ec

hey all this is a small army i want to add to my corsairs just to spice things up

Lucius the Eternal

9 noise marines
    8 sonic blasters
    1 blastmaster
    champion
    power weapon
    siren

rhino

8 noise marines
    7 sonic blasters
    1 blastmaster
    champion
    power weapon
    siren

rhino

predator
    2 lascannons
    deamonic possesion.

so what do you think.

i wasted my whole life on warhammer so it's a good thing i have 2 wounds and a 2+invul
    Tau
    W12/T1/L0
    eldar
    W10/T0/L15

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

18 troops (including hq) in a 1000 point build spells disaster. In 1000 point games, it's best to minimize your expense to only the bare essentials. As sonic weaponry functions fine without rhinos, you should consider dropping them altogether. Second, the blastmaster is no longer feasible in smaller games, due to its high cost. Drop it as well.

Note about rhinos: Rhinos are particularly bad for your army, because you can't utilize the units' full firepower, while driving in a rhino. This isn't always an issue, but it certainly is when over 80% of your points are cooped up in transports.

Daemonic possession now reduces the vehicle's BS to 3, which severely decreases its effectiveness. It's really only feasible on non-firing vehicles or on land raiders, which have twin-linked weapons. It certainly isn't worth it on predators, especially when you only have one, and it's your primary tank buster.

Sonic blasters now work best on their own, bare boned that is. Try something like this:

Chaos sorcerer- 125
    *Lash of Torment (will ride with the rhino unit)

7x noise marines with sonic blasters- 172 (ranged output nearly matches your 300+ point squads)

7x noise marines with sonic blasters- 172

9x noise marines, a.c. w/ power weapon & doom siren, rhino- 259

chaos predator- 130
    *las-sponsons

chaos predator- 130
    *las-sponsons

TOTAL POINTS: 998
    TOTAL MODEL COUNT: 27
    TOTAL ARMOR PIECES: 3

Note: I scrapped Lucius, mainly because he's 16% of your army cost, which is rather hard to pull off at the 1000 point level. Additionally, the points were needed in order to provide you with ample fire power. Currently, your two noise marine squads can fire 42 shots when stationary. That's an incredible amount of fire power for a 1000 point army. Even on the move, they still produces a fine level of ranged hate.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread