1500pts Undead Legion Army (Nurgle) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1500pts Undead Legion Army (Nurgle)

For over a year now I’ve planned to do an undead army for 40k using the Nurgle rules originally to have ‘Nurgle’s Rot’ count for them sucking the life out of everything close by. But after hearing about the new even more zombie like ‘feel no pain’ rule in the new codex I plan to begin work on the army asap. So here is the list.

HQ
    165 - Sharazad: Keeper Of The Dead -
    Deamon Prince (), Wings (), Mark Of Nurgle () and Nurgle’s Rot ()
    (A Must at pts)

100 - Greater Deamon
    (Another bargain for pts)

TROOPS
    219 - Darkmaker Truikai -
    Champion with Close Combat Weapon and Bolt Pistol (), 7 Undead (Nurgle) Marines () 2 with Meltaguns () 5 with Boltguns all with Mark Of Nurgle, close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades
    60 - Truikai’s Deathwagon - Rhino with Combi-Bolter () Combi-Melta () with Extra Armour ()
    (The Champion is this unit has no weapons mainly due to him being the favored vessel for my Greater Deamon plus it made the model look good)

249 - Darkmaker Raban - Champion with Powerfist (), 7 Undead (Nurgle) Marines () 1 Plasma Gun 1 Meltagun () 5 with Boltguns all with Mark Of Nurgle, close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades
    60 - Truikai’s Deathwagon - Rhino with Combi-Bolter () Combi-Melta () with Extra Armour ()
    (1 Rule that I have learn the hard way is that you should have as many units as possible be able to take down armored vehicles, so I gave Meltaguns to all the Squads and Combi-Meltas to 2 of the Rhinos)

216 - Darkmaker Korell - Champion with Power Weapon (), 6 Undead (Nurgle) Marines () 1 Plasma Gun 1 Meltagun () 5 with Boltguns all with Mark Of Nurgle, close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades
    55 - Korell’s Deathwagon - Rhino with 2 Combi-Bolters () with Extra Armour ()
    (Same as above)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    150 - Defiler -
    Battle Cannon, Reaper Auto Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Deamonic Possession, Smoke Launchers, Fleet Of Foot.
    (What kind of Chaos army won’t take one of these beauties, that and they scare Marine players)

225 - 3 Oblivators
    (The Only Long Range Fire Power I could think off, that suited the army fluffwise. Undead Tau Battlesuits)

Total: 1499
    Total No: 28 (4)

Edited out individual costs. ~LN

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; September 24th, 2007 at 16:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list looks very strong in all areas with some good AT, manevourability, against many people's opinions i am a strong beliver in 1 plas 1 melta in squads because melta provideds the support needed against tanks as well as being good at killin MEQS allong with the Plasma Gun. With the new FNP special rule on PMarines they are very fearsome targets so in my opinion this list is very sound with nice fluff to it as well. If you could i would change the Defiler 2 2ccw as the secondary guns will never be used and this provides you with some more veratility.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Yeah, the new Plague Marine rules lend themselves very well to an undead kind of army. In your excitement, though you've forgotten all about the Blight Grenades! You seem to list everything else, so I thought I'd point that out.

And just as a second opinion, I really wouldn't mix special weapons. I find that squads position themselves on a particular objective (killing a squad, or a tank, or what have you) and benefit more from having the proper tools to do it.

I'd prefer a squad sauntering over towards a tank to have two meltas instead of just one. Better odds that way.

I'll have three squads of PMs in the list I'm currently painting up as well. Two will have two meltas, and one will have two plasmas. That's just the way I'd prefer to see things here as well.

And I know you have a wee bit of Melta redundancy on the Rhinos ... and I don't know if it's just my bad luck with Rhinos, but they always get wasted pretty quick in my games. I just can't see putting extra weapons on them. I'd have to think pretty hard about how many times I've fired the bolters, even, and could probably do so on one hand. Again, maybe that's just my luck ...

Striping all those off the Rhinos, I'd spot that PW wielding AC with a Fist. PMs love their Fists. At their low Ini, why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I agree with Dave.

Special weapons should never be mixed.

Rhinos should be bare bones due to the fact that they have tissue paper for armor.

plague marines are practically begging to have fists due to their low I score.

and one that has not been mentioned: With only one other piece of armor at the 1500 point level your rhinos are going to be popped within the first 1-2 turns and you will end up having to slog your plague marines at which point they will probably be picked apart at range. I know you said that the olbits fit "fluff-wise", I am just making sure that you understand that by having them it makes it easier to take out your transports.

Also, your model count is very low though for an all cult marine force it is to be expected. I would honestly look into taking 10 man squads with the IoN to help and combat this. Due to the fact that you have less bodies you will struggle to put out sufficient fire power to take care of swarms.

If you have not already, take a glance at the tactica included in my Signature.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Shame on you Ironangel!!!

Recommending your tactica everywhere -_-

Back on topic. I would say that Plague marines are best suited in pairs, one for shooting, one for charging (so 1 with 2x meltas and 1 with 2x plasmas).

I have done something similar to you with my death guard (the zombie plague). What i do is i use dead marines (my "Hit by a krak grenade" and "Raped by genestealer" are my faves) as summoned daemons, to represent them clawing their way out the ground, like the horus heresy book (cant think which one). Just a consideration, but you will need to paint tmArchnomad on every lesser daemon you use like this =).

Back to the list again =).

I would strongly consider taking more bodies though, i use lesser daemons, they are great for tying people up, and can kill stuff too! (unlike many other "tie up" units, i.e. rippers. But conscripts can kill everything, except firewarriors... dont underestimate them... *rambles*).

Also what are you using for a greater daemon?

Thats all

Archnomad

P.S. Youd better be using ultramarines as ur dead... i HATE them
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Lol, I wrote the tactica so that I would not have to explain certain things over and over again. I generally try to recommend it to players that are new to the army / hobby as there are some very common things that new players do that are generally not a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what legion do you play ironangel (by the name i guess iron warriors, btu your sig suggests somethign else =S)
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

Taken to PM... apologies for the thread going off topic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Ditch the Oblivators

Well I'm thinking of ditching the Oblivators they a bit costly now for my taste and replacing them with 4 fully loaded squads mounted in Rhinos.

Although I have been thinking of replacing a squad with a unit of Thousands Sons (representing some spirits from the warp, modelled and painted like the army of the dead from LOTR)

Lesser Deamons acting as summoned undead zombies fresh from the ground is tempting but why pay for something 3 pts less than a marine?

As for the greater deamon hes gonna be either a Grim Reaper look a like, or a undead Juggernaut?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hi, please take a moment to read over our forum rules. Posting the individual costs of upgrades and models is not allowed - unit totals, however, are a-okay. I took the liberty of editing your post so that it complied with our forum rules - make sure to double check this in the future. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast