1500 Nurgle Deep Strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Nurgle Deep Strike

I am going to play vs Imp Guard and wanted to try out the new nurgles rot. the Sorcerers join the terminator squads and DS off of the Bikers turbo boosting. Oblits DS and kill tanks Rot and Flamers toast infantry. Comments please, I have not played with 4th ed choas much yet so tell me what works.

1500points

HQ
    Nurgle Sorcerer, MoN, Terminator armor, Nurgle’s Rot, - 150
    Nurgle Sorcerer, MoN, Terminator armor, Nurgle’s Rot, - 150

Troops
    Chaos Marine Squad- 190
    7x chaos marines
    1x melta guns
    IoGC
    champ, PW
    -rhino-

Chaos Marine Squad- 190
    7x chaos marines
    1x melta guns
    IoGC
    champ, PW
    -rhino-

Elites
    Terminators x 5, (1x Heavy flamer,
    2x Power Fist, 2 x Combi-flamer) IoN -230
    Terminators x 5, (1x Heavy flamer,
    2x Power Fist, 2 x Combi-flamer) IoN -230

Fast Attack
    5x Nurgle Bikers, 2x Melta, IoN - 235

Heavy Support
    1x Obliterators
    1x Obliterators

Chaos-3000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Right off I would say that you have way too much points spent in your HQ, you don't have enought basic troop for a 1500 pts list and obliterators as your only support is not an ideal choice. Also why 10 terminators? That's a little overkill and a huge point sink... they will draw fire like the plague. And most importantly, where are your Plague Marines? They are the strenght of an army based on Nurgle, use them!!!

Another weakness your list have is the fact that you rely on 2 obliterators to take down tanks... and you don't have enought special weapons to make a difference... If you're going against an IG army then you'll have to face (most probably) a Leman Russ and a Basilisk.

Also when you'll field those 2 rhinos they will be the only armoured target on the field, heavy weapons will pick them up as their first target to slow you down.

Drop a sorcerer, replace your basic CSM with Plague Marines (at least 3 squads), drop a squad of Terminators, replace the 2 obliterators with 2 Predators or at least a predator and a Defiler and yes , keep those bikers they look mean and well rounded up.

My brother play an IG army and I face them regularly. In a 1500 pts game I usually have to face a Leman Russ, 2 large blast template, at least 4 lascannons, 3 autocannons, 3-4 heavy bolters and a couple multi-lasers (those hurt). Add to that a couple melta-guns, plasma guns around 20 basic troopers that spit rapid fire like there's no tomorrow and you're set.

Sorry if it sound a little harsh, it's not my intention to blast appart your list, but if you play against someone with at least a little experience then you'll have a hard time with it.
    Last edited by Thyr; September 29th, 2007 at 03:20.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Thyr had excellent comments on your build.

It's also risky business deep striking your hqs without the certainty that your termis will deep strike as well. You could very well end up with just the hqs with no termis to protect them from incoming range fire.

Aside from Thyr's suggestions, I'd also recommend dropping the power fists from your termis. Three reasons:

1- Power fists are more expensive
    2- The basic power weapon preserves your superior init of I.G. troops.
    3- The basic power weapon wounds on a 3+ against the Guard, which is sufficient.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that i need more troops and the reason i have so many terminators is because it is a themed list for a friendly game. and plague marines vs guard die just as easy as anything, the Imp guard army i usually play loads up on bassies and lascannons, the rhinos usually dont even last a turn and one basilisk shell will still die on a 2+ and no save, no FNP

and i have a few questions..
    are Obliterators still effective?if so for what?
    does Nurgles rot work to kill guardsmen?, other infantry?

thank you for the comments
    Chaos-3000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

1st I am a fan of obliterators still being effective, but they have to be in some cover to be so. Against guard I would say not so much because of the amount of fire will outweigh the great 2+ save of the obliterators, and guardsmen will quikly stomp them, especially with no more heavy bolters.

2nd imo nurgles rot is only good versus light infantry such as guardsmen

You should also get plague marines as Thyr has said because at T5, save 3+,, and feel no pain regular lasguns will have a huge pain of killing them.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

The reason why Plague Marines are really good against Guardsman is the following.

With any weapon who's not AP3 or less you get a 3+ save, then you get a 4+ save to ignore the wound if you failed your first save. Strenght 3 lasgun must hit on a 4+ then must wound on a 6+ wich you can save on a 3+ and then you have another 4+ save...

I played against an IG army today and I lost 4 Plague Marines on a total of 27... and my brother cursed a lot needless to say that it was really entertaining .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you take your PMs?, Rhino?
    and the guard i play uses lots of Ordinance and DSing plasma squads and usually takes out my PMs before they get anywhere.

but i do understand how durable PMs are.
    Chaos-3000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Ordinance weapons are usually death for anything that is under their template. They tend to scatter a lot though and are not that reliable.

I take my Plague Marines to the front line in rhinos, I know I have a chance to see them annihiliated but so far it happened only once to me and even if one of my rhino is destroyed by an ordinance blast the Plague Marines inside it can escape total annihilation...

And that's why you need heavy weapons, a predator fully equiped with lascannon is a really nice way to take out those squishy basilisk and those pesky Leman Russ.

+ Reply to Thread