[1500] [Simon's Socially Acceptable Armylist] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

[1500] [Simon's Socially Acceptable Armylist]

Alright, I decided that instead of being a goofball I should try to make a list that sort of maybe makes sense. I promise this is the last list for a while.

HEADQUARTERS:
    Non-Lash Slaaneshi Sorcerer x 1
    MoS, Daemonic Steed, Warptime, Melta Bombs

ELEETS:
    Chosen Dakka Marines x 10
    4x Plasma Guns, Heavy Bolter, MoCU

TROOPS:
    Vanilla Marines x 10
    AC, PF, MoCU, 2x Meltaguns, Rhinosaurus

Khorne Berzerkers x 10
    AC, PW, Rhinosaurus

Plague Marines x 8
    2x Plasma Guns, Rhinosaurus

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Destructor Pattern Predator
    AC + LC Sponsons, EA

AC + LC Sponsons, EA

Total Models: 39
    Total Vehicles: 6

11% HEADQUARTERS
    18% ELEETS
    52% TROOPS
    0% FAST ATTACK
    19% HEAVY SUPPORT

Please tear it apart or yell at me for making two lists in one day (for the record I made the other one last night, but then fell asleep before I finished typing it out).

Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

looks really good, glad somebody is using the slannesh sorceror without the lash. I'm really tired of hearing the word lash of submission. The only thing I would do is remove the heavy bolter from the chosen. IMO its just not worth it and it will let you buy a fist for the zerkers as well as 5 extra points for something like meltabombs, but this is just my view. Heavy bolters are still good in some situations, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reap View Post
    The only thing I would do is remove the heavy bolter from the chosen. IMO its just not worth it and it will let you buy a fist for the zerkers as well as 5 extra points for something like meltabombs, but this is just my view. Heavy bolters are still good in some situations, I guess.
    Thanks for the advice. I don't really want a Power Fist on my Berserkers because, as awesome as many-attack PFs are, I like to maintain the high initiative I sometimes achieve with Furious Charge. However, I had to do a lot of thinking before I consented to give them a Power Weapon, and in the end the reason was more that I was sort of short on points, and I guess if I could find an agreeable way to find ten points I might sink it here.

I think you might be right about the Heavy Bolter - I took it just for variation and because I wanted five special weapons there. If the variation is not a good idea I would prefer to sack the Heavy Bolter for another Plasma Gun, but then I have to worry about just a little less than one overheat per turn. Therefore, I would like to keep the Heavy Bolter to prevent (even more) excessive overheating and for those situations when it is better than a Plasma Gun (Guard, Firewarriors, 'Nids, etc.). If you still think I should sack a special weapon in favor of a Power Fist on the Berzerkers I think I would rather take a Plasma Gun, but I think I'm going to wait for few more opinions on this issue until I make this change permanent.

So yeah, if you're planning on posting here let me know what you think of this dilemma.

Thanks again
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

SIMON! Long time no see buddy!

Anyways...

Non-Lash Slaaneshi Sorcerer x 1
    MoS, Daemonic Steed, Warptime, Melta Bombs
    Should be decent enough, I have taken to using GoC myself over the lash recently and have seen my games become much more rewarding.

Chosen Dakka Marines x 10
    4x Plasma Guns, Heavy Bolter, MoCU
    I would make the change to all plasmas but that's a personal preference thing.

Vanilla Marines x 10
    AC, PF, MoCU, 2x Meltaguns, Rhinosaurus
    fine...

Khorne Berzerkers x 10
    AC, PW, Rhinosaurus
    I have found 8x zerkers to be more than enough for my purposes in the past though if you do not have anywhere that the points are needed this looks good.

Plague Marines x 8
    2x Plasma Guns, Rhinosaurus
    Due to their already low initiative these guys are almost begging to get a fist...

AC + LC Sponsons, EA

AC + LC Sponsons, EA
    but of course... the mandatory AT preds. More often than not I find mine being run without the extra armor in favor of strengthening other parts of the list.

Overrall a pretty decent list. Welcome back!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256
    SIMON! Long time no see buddy!
    See: other list.

Should be decent enough, I have taken to using GoC myself over the lash recently and have seen my games become much more rewarding.
    Fair enough. I took the Warptime just because I wanted to increase the chances that the Force Weapon hits its target(s). GoC does make him more versatile though... Interesting... I'll keep this in mind, I already feel another list coming on (this new Codex is like a bad cold, I can't stop coughing up lists...)

I would make the change to all plasmas but that's a personal preference thing.
    I'm really torn here, can you and Soul and anyone else who comes upon this list explain why Plasma is a good idea here? The extra overheat bothers me, and I feel like this should work for the same reasons Plasma/Heavy Bolter squads where good in the old 'Dex, just on a larger scale. Ideally you're not moving with the squad (or if you are moving there shouldn't be too much in range of your Rapid Firing Plasma) so the HB should get its shots in, it provides more versatility if for some reason there's nothing good in range, and it tears up squads with worse armor saves.

I think the last point is causing the problems for me, I can't decide if the squad should just shoot at more heavily armored enemies, or if I shouldn't rely on there always being a target like that to shoot at. In any case I think I'm going to leave it mixed for now, and if I don't get a satisfactory rationalization for full Plasma I might start a poll in Chaos proper.

fine...
    Hey, you will not "fine" my infamous Vanilla Marines.

I have found 8x zerkers to be more than enough for my purposes in the past though if you do not have anywhere that the points are needed this looks good.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to cut the squad to give the Champion a PF instead of a plain PW, and tranfer the rest of the points to fund the comments you make below...

Due to their already low initiative these guys are almost begging to get a fist...
    Fine.

but of course... the mandatory AT preds. More often than not I find mine being run without the extra armor in favor of strengthening other parts of the list.
    You're probably right, and if I play my cards right and make some strategic cuts I might be able to fit a third Predator in... List to be updated shortly.

Thanks & cheers
    Last edited by honorableSimon; October 3rd, 2007 at 08:01. Reason: forgot to type the last few letters, apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Please excuse the double post (it happened with the above post so when I remade the list I decided to put it here) and the shorthand, it's tired and I'm late. New list:

HEADQUARTERS:
    Sorcerer
    MoS, Steed, Warptime

ELEETS:
    Chosen Shootie Marines x 10
    4x PGs, HB, MoCU

TROOPS:
    Vanilla Marines x 10
    AC, PF, MoCU, 2x MGs, Rhinosaurus

Khorne Berzerkers x 8
    AC, PF, Rhinosaurus

Plague Marines x 8
    AC, PF, 2x PGs, Rhinosaurus

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Predator
    LCs, EA

Predator
    LCs, EA

Total Models: 37
    Total Vehicles: 6

HQ 11%
    ELITE 18%
    TROOPS 52%
    FAST ATTACK 0%
    HEAVY SUPPORT 19%
    Last edited by honorableSimon; October 3rd, 2007 at 08:11. Reason: double post...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

alrighty then...

I'm really torn here, can you and Soul and anyone else who comes upon this list explain why Plasma is a good idea here? The extra overheat bothers me, and I feel like this should work for the same reasons Plasma/Heavy Bolter squads where good in the old 'Dex, just on a larger scale. Ideally you're not moving with the squad (or if you are moving there shouldn't be too much in range of your Rapid Firing Plasma) so the HB should get its shots in, it provides more versatility if for some reason there's nothing good in range, and it tears up squads with worse armor saves.
    it's a question of having the squad be dedicated to one purpose. I prefer having the option of moving the squad and still being able to fire all of my special weapons. I also usually infiltrate these guys right in my opponents face and us them as a throw away distraction unit. Don't get me wrong, they do their fair share of killing but I expect them to die relatively quickly so I want them to get as many high strength shots in as possible before they bite the dust.

The heavy bolter is fine in the list, it is just a point of personal preference really.

Yeah, I think I'm going to cut the squad to give the Champion a PF instead of a plain PW, and tranfer the rest of the points to fund the comments you make below...
    To be honest, I run my zerker champ with a power weapon to benefit from the increased I he gets from FC. I do however run 1-2 more fists in my lists than you do so it may be necessary depending on your local meta game.

Fine.
    How dare you "fine" my infamous advice!

The new list looks good, it should serve you well...
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

it's a question of having the squad be dedicated to one purpose. I prefer having the option of moving the squad and still being able to fire all of my special weapons. I also usually infiltrate these guys right in my opponents face and us them as a throw away distraction unit. Don't get me wrong, they do their fair share of killing but I expect them to die relatively quickly so I want them to get as many high strength shots in as possible before they bite the dust.

The heavy bolter is fine in the list, it is just a point of personal preference really.
    No, I'm pretty sure you and everyone else is right, I'm just stubborn and like mixing weapons wherever possible (or wherever impossible...)

To be honest, I run my zerker champ with a power weapon to benefit from the increased I he gets from FC. I do however run 1-2 more fists in my lists than you do so it may be necessary depending on your local meta game.
    Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it, that's why I had him with a regular PW at first. And as for local gaming there's not a lot of it here, I'm mainly back on the forums because the strategy/planning part of the game is fun. There's a store here where people play, but games are infrequent . Once I find a crowd of gamers I'll get back into the swing of things and stop making arguments that don't make sense.

Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by honorableSimon; October 4th, 2007 at 20:36. Reason: spelled "and" a-r-e. yay spelling.

+ Reply to Thread