[Whatever]Building up from scratch! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Whatever]Building up from scratch!

Ok, new Codex, new ideas! I'm going to slowly start building an all-around good army list with several options. This will also be used for Apocalypse so I'll have some weird units... Eventually I'll get upwards of 5000 points eventually.

HEADQUARTERS

Lord - 160
    Mark Of Slaanesh
    Wings
    Daemon Weapon
    Personal Icon

Sorcerer - 150
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Wings
    Lash of Submission
    Personal Icon

ELITES

Terminators X 5 - 220
    Combi Weapons X 5
    Chainfist X 1
    Icon of Khorne

Chosen X 8 - 289
    Dual Lightning Claws X 4
    Meltagun X 1
    Icon of Slaanesh
    Rhino w/ Combi Melta

TROOPS

Plague Marines X 7 - 266
    Meltaguns X 2
    Plague Champion w/ Power Fist
    Personal Icon
    Rhino

Plague Marines X 7 - 266
    Meltaguns X 2
    Plague Champion w/ Power Fist
    Personal Icon
    Rhino

FAST ATTACK

Raptors X 8 - 240
    Meltagun X 2
    Icon of Slaanesh
    Champion w/ Dual Lightning Claws

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - 130
    Autocannon
    Lascannon Sponsoons

Predator - 115
    Autocannon
    Heavy Bolter Sponsoons

Vindicator - 145
    Daemonic Possession

TOTAL: 1991 points (so far)

I already noticed my gross lack of troops and honestly I'm not too worried about it. I'm going to try and make a little bit of fluff along those lines. I'm mainly looking for friendly games with gross shock value and some potential tournament action. I want a VERY fast army with lots of mechanization behind it. Hell, if I could find a way to Rhino-up the Raptors, I WOULD!! As of right now the only thing that doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the army are the Terminators, but I just can't think of something worthwhile of swapping them out with. That and they're just too awesome looking :p

Oh yeah, in case you couldn't tell by the list, I'm going with as many Melta Guns as I can get away with (except the Chosen, four pairs of LCs aren't something to scoff at!). If I can fit more in (with the exception of the Chosen) let me know! heh

Yes, it's only 40 models but it's 40 models with some amazing power behind them.

So whatcha think? :p

Chaos - 55,000+ points
    Tyranids - 15,000+ points
    Necrons - 6000 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

If you want fast, why not Infiltrate the Chosen? That's really their strong suit, after all, and mostly why one would spend the points for them, I'd say.

You could DS the Termies off their Icon, and have one of the HQs fly up behind them for some quick support. Getting the Lash there would be a great way of getting squads in range for those LCs, and a Melta shot to the face.

And with the lack of sheer numbers, a Havok Launcher on your Bolter Pred would actually be a great idea.

If you canned the Chosen Rhino, you'd have points for that launcher and another Chain Fist on those Termies if you'd want it. I assume you're going with Meltas on them, too, and one more chainfist would make for some very nice tank smashers.

That Chosen squad, if infiltrated, just seems like it'd be the crux of the tactics in this list, though. I like the thought of it, so consider those ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

If you want fast, why not Infiltrate the Chosen? That's really their strong suit, after all, and mostly why one would spend the points for them, I'd say.
    The rhino is the way to go for CC chosen as if you try and infiltrate them they will get shot to pieces before getting to combat, garuanteed.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I would also get Extra Armor on the Vindicator, as with one shot per turn you want to hit as often as possible to make those 140-ish points back.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

due to the fact that the vindi does not have to roll to hit (ordinance) get it daemonic posession instead. 5 points more and much better effect.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

+ Reply to Thread