Nurgle list - 1850 - "Plague Wind" - Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle list - 1850 - "Plague Wind" - Competitive

This has been an idea of mine for a while, and I was wondering if this list would be effective in tournament play. Most of my opponents are marines, and one or two bugs. I play bugs, so pretty much know how to maneuver around them. Just curious about the list, though, feedback, comments, changes, all are equally accepted, and welcome.

Chaos – Competitive – 1850 – “The Plague Wind of Grandfather Nurgle”

HQ: Chaos Lord w/ Daemon Weapon (of Nurgle), Mark of Nurgle, Bike, Melta Bombs

Troops: Squad of 5 Plague Marines w/ x2 plasma guns, Rhino Transport w/ combi-wpn

Troops: Squad of 5 Plague Marines w/ x2 plasma guns, Rhino Transport w/ combi-wpn

Fast Attack: Squad of 10 Bikers w/ x2 melta guns, icon of nurgle, champion w/ powerfist

Fast Attack: Squad of 10 Bikers w/ x2 melta guns, icon of nurgle, champion w/ powerfist

Total: 1850

Model Count: 41 Models, 2 Armour(2 Rhino)

Note: Lowest toughness is 5, and that’s only ten models!

I gave it a name just because I felt like it...It seems fitting...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been thinking about starting an army like this for a while. What one of my buddies calls "Carnifex Bikers" aka your T6 Nurgle bikers are alluring. Problem is the low model count. It's like a Ravenwing or Saim-Hann Army but with even fewer models.

I think it would be way cool, but then again, it would be a toughie. You get escalation and nothing starts on the board. Every unit is way expensive, and there are so few. Terrain is gonna be HUGE for you. If there's a lot of it that's well placed, you can restrict your opponent's opportunities to fire on your huge bike squads. If not, you'll just get picked apart as you go across the field.

Only real way to see if you like it is to make it and play it... or proxy it. I am curious as to how it would work. If you try this, please put some feedback letting us all know the efficacy of this kind of force.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrpger View Post
    Been thinking about starting an army like this for a while. What one of my buddies calls "Carnifex Bikers" aka your T6 Nurgle bikers are alluring. Problem is the low model count. It's like a Ravenwing or Saim-Hann Army but with even fewer models.

I think it would be way cool, but then again, it would be a toughie. You get escalation and nothing starts on the board. Every unit is way expensive, and there are so few. Terrain is gonna be HUGE for you. If there's a lot of it that's well placed, you can restrict your opponent's opportunities to fire on your huge bike squads. If not, you'll just get picked apart as you go across the field.

Only real way to see if you like it is to make it and play it... or proxy it. I am curious as to how it would work. If you try this, please put some feedback letting us all know the efficacy of this kind of force.
    Definitely. I will play test this some time, and post back on a new topic. What did you think of the anti-tank in this list, cuz I really don't have too many weapons for tanks, other than in the biker squads, but they really need to take out all the real threats (not that tanks aren't...). Anyway, what about the list would you change, if anything. And do you think that the daemon weapon on the lord is worth it? I like the nurgle weapon, cuz it's amazing against carnifexes and other beasties without an invulnerable save, since the lord really doesn't have the strength to deal with stuff like that. Now he does...
    One last question, though. What would you use for proxies of the bikers? I mean, there's 31 of them!

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

This is a very funny list.
    I like it a lot, though I'm not certain it'll be the most competative list in the world.
    Maybe drop the Daemon Weapon and the Lord in favour of a Sorcerer with Wind? It's quite an awesome spell, especially when you use it on such mobile a character.
    Then he and one of the squads could take one flank, while the other two biker-units take the other.
    As for antiTank, maybe drop like one (?not sure on points at the moment?) of the bikers from each squad to get a Greater Daemon. He would do quite a lot, both CC-wise, anti-tank and bullet-magnetic-ing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have a decent amount of anti tank. Between the powerfists and melta guns on the bike squads. Of course, I'm used to playing eldar and de, where I use a bunch of anti tank (in the form of fire dragons and dark lances), so this list seems just a little low, comparatively.

As far as proxying the bikes, do you have any other armies with bikes? Or even any bike sized bases? If all else fails, get a bike sized base and trace it on cardboard, labeling the special ones with something. That gives you a decent number of bike proxies with next to no cost.

As far as changes.... I'm unsure. It seems like all the chaos armies have gotten smaller in the new 'dex. If anything, I might drop the lord and go for a flying daemon prince or two. Might even drop the combiweapons on the rhinos to squeeze some points. Might be worth it to go with Slaneeshi prince for the lash, and use that to bring your opponent into a more favorable position.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

+ Reply to Thread