Rate my army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my army?

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rate my army?

HQ

Chaos Sorcerer - 180pts

Force Weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades, Terminator Armour, Twin0linked Bolter, mark of tzeentch, Doombolt and Bolt of Change

Elites

6 Terminators - 240 (Weapons are none changable)

Terminator Armour, Power Weapon, Twin-linked Bolters, 2 Combi-flamers, Combi-melta, Reaper Autocannon, Icon of Slaanesh

Troops

6 Marines - 90

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapons and Bolters

7 Marines (with Rhino)- 135 - please don't post exact and individual points costs

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapons and Bolt Pistols

10 Khorne Beserkers - 225

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapons, Bolt Pistols. Mark of Khorne, Fearless and Furious Charge

9 Thousand Sons - 269

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Bolters, Inferno Bolts, Slow and Purposeful, the Sorcerer Commands
    (Aspiring Champion has Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon and Bolt of Change)

Heavy Support

Predator - 130
    Turret-mounted Autocannon, Sponson-mounted Lascannons, Smoke Launchers and Searchlight

Land Raider - 225 (None changeable)
    2 Sponson-mounted Twin-linked Lascannons, Hull-mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Twin-linked Combi-bolter, Smoke launcher, Searchlight

Last edited by Karmoon; October 14th, 2007 at 00:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

For a 1500 pts army you have a lot of troops which is quite good but you have only 3 vehicules and 1 of them is a rhino. It will get shot down quite fast even if you plan to ride it behind the Land Raider or the Predator. Usually people bring enought anti-tank firepower to take down an army of tanks. Either take a rhino for each of your squad making your army really mobile or drop that single rhino.

The Lord is a little too costly to my taste but he seem tooled up to your taste so it's all good. I don't se the point of taking those 2 chaos powers though since they are both used in the shooting phase... one shoot more than the other, but for the points they cost I would at least drop doom bolt.

The Terminators look designed to ride in the Land Raider since nobody have a Chaos Icon, but since you have 6 Terminators and a Sorceror in Terminator armour then it's 7 Terminators that are intended to fit in there while the Land Raider can take only 5 Terminators... if that was your plan, review it...

You seem to think that more Marine is better than better equipped, but so far your troop selection look a little weak. No special weapons, no Champions and not enough models to make a difference... in fact I believe they'll have a hard time if they encounter anything tougher than a Space Marine without a lot of luck.

I would rather have 3 full squad of 10 with 2 special weapons and a Champion with a power fist and mounted in rhinos than 4 poorly tooled up squads on foot. If you have to drop something it's the Noise Marines that should go first. They are good but not that good and they cost a lot. Keep 2 normal CSM squad, gear them up and gear up your Khorne Berserker squad and put them all in rhinos. You will have 3 rhinos, 1 predator and 1 Land Raider rushing on the enemy lines, your oponent will have a hard time stopping them all.

For now, your army look like an all or nothing army to me, if your Land Raider and your Terminators gets shot down early in the game then you'll lose 1/3 of your army and the rest won't be able to put up a fight against armoured vehicles. I rate your army 4 out of 10 so far, it should play well against horde armies, but it lack the fire power and the versatility that will beat other armies.

Edit: I don't want to seem impolite, I reread myself and I hope I don't sound too harsh and I wanted to help you out being a little more competitive with your list. Also English is not my first langage so pardon any mistake I make by ignorance. I hope I achieved my goal and that it helped you some.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Thyr; October 14th, 2007 at 01:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hey there Curzon..

as Thyr has said.. I think your army has some fundamental flaws. But that's not a problem. We're all here to learn no one is attacking ou.

HQ

Chaos Sorcerer - 180pts

Force Weapon, Frag and Krak Grenades, Terminator Armour, Twin0linked Bolter, mark of tzeentch, Doombolt and Bolt of Change
    A bit too fat for 1500.
    Additionally, you don't need to put down basic upgrades for marines and stuff like - frag and krak grenades.
    I'd consider a psychic power which isn't a shooting one. Because that way, you'd be able to take full advantage of the use two psychic powers a turn.

Elites
    6 Terminators - 240 (Weapons are none changable)
    Terminator Armour, Power Weapon, Twin-linked Bolters, 2 Combi-flamers, Combi-melta, Reaper Autocannon, Icon of Slaanesh
    not bad. I'd definitely try and get an IoT on these boys to keep them alive longer.
    Troops

6 Marines - 90

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapons and Bolters

7 Marines (with Rhino)- 135 - please don't post exact and individual points costs

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapons and Bolt Pistols
    To be honest, these guys are a bit wasted.
    As amazing as CSM are, they need some stuff to focus them. A champ with a powerfist, a melta gun, a plasma gun. That kind of thing.

10 Khorne Beserkers - 225

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Close Combat Weapons, Bolt Pistols. Mark of Khorne, Fearless and Furious Charge
    Why are these guys not in the rhino?
    Also, if anyone gets a fist champ, it should be these guys. To make use of that extra attack and WS.

9 Thousand Sons - 269

Power Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Bolters, Inferno Bolts, Slow and Purposeful, the Sorcerer Commands
    (Aspiring Champion has Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon and Bolt of Change)
    Solid choice. Would benefit from the rhino.

Heavy Support

Predator - 130
    Turret-mounted Autocannon, Sponson-mounted Lascannons, Smoke Launchers and Searchlight
    Great predator choice.
    Land Raider - 225 (None changeable)
    2 Sponson-mounted Twin-linked Lascannons, Hull-mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Twin-linked Combi-bolter, Smoke launcher, Searchlight
    What's this guy doing? If he's shooting, then I'd take two more predators. IF he's transporting the bezerkers then definitely pump them up a bit.

Overall.. it think the list has potential, but needs focus.

The elements need to be brought together to a greater purpose.

You have an excellent basis for a powerful army, and I think that even at 1500, it'll be possible to use the land raider and terminators.

good luck. :C
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread