1500 first chaos list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 first chaos list.

HQ
    Deamon Prince/ Mark of Slaanesh, wings, Lash of Submission.
    Chaos Sorcerer/ Terminator Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission

Core
    Chaos Space Marines 10/Icon of Chaos Glory, Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter or Missle Launcher
    Chaos Space Marines 10/Icon of Chaos Glory, Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter or Missle Launcher

Elite
    Chaos Terminators 6/ Icon of Slaanesh, 2 Combi- Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist

Fast Attack
    Rapotrs 8/ Icon of Slaanesh, Flamer, Melta, Champion, Power Weapon, Melta bomb

Heavy Support
    Vindicator
    Vindicator
    Preditor/ Twin linked Las Cannon, 2 Heavy Bolters

The plan is to have both the Deamon Prince and Raptors move as fast as they can towards the closest enemy then both the Prince and Sorc will use Lash of Submission to pull a unit into charge range turn 1. Another option im considering is droping one terminator and a vindicator and replacing it with a defiler. With this option i may be able to get the prince, raptors, and defiler into charge range on turn one. But this is my first Chaos list and I've never used a Defiler so im not sure how it will do. Also i traded my defilers auto cannon for a extra close combat attack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

For a first list list this is really good and balanced. Just a few things, to make it more effective.

HQ

I'm fine with 2 HQs at 1500 points but I would lose the terminator armour on the sorceror because its just too many points in this section. Although consider losing the sorceror entirely for rhinos on the squads and powerfists for them.

Core

I wouldn't mix the special and heavy weapons because you'll only be able to use one at a time making the squad as a whole much less effective. Rhinos would also be a good choice. You should also include the hidden powerfist, just in case.

Elite
    Chaos Terminators 6/ Icon of Slaanesh, 2 Combi- Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist

deadly, but I would try to use any extra points above to give them more combi weapons

Fast Attack

Looks good, but either give them all flamers or meltas, preferrably meltas.

Heavy Support
    Vindicator
    Vindicator

You should make the predator in the autocannon/lassponson combination.

Hope some of these changes help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Wow, I actually like that way of commenting on lists a lot more. It looks a lot more neat without the messy quote boxes.
    EDIT: In retrospect, it would probably look better if I wasn't using another color. I just wanted to respond to Soul Reap's posts.

Soul Reap = red
    Simon (me) = pretty blue

HQ

I'm fine with 2 HQs at 1500 points but I would lose the terminator armour on the sorceror because its just too many points in this section. Although consider losing the sorceror entirely for rhinos on the squads and powerfists for them.

I would personally follow the second piece of the advice, scrap the Sorcerer entirely, but I'm a lot more sensitive to having low troop counts than most people. Soul's definitely right that you should swap out the Terminator Armor.

Core

I wouldn't mix the special and heavy weapons because you'll only be able to use one at a time making the squad as a whole much less effective. Rhinos would also be a good choice. You should also include the hidden powerfist, just in case.

Complete agreement. I just want to emphasize the mixed purposes problem (special & heavy in the same squad --> either one or the other being useful, whereas if you have two specials you can direct the squad to specific purposes and have all the upgrades be useful) and the awesomeness of hidden fists (even if you stay at range, like Soul said they act as an incredible deterrent.

Elite

deadly, but I would try to use any extra points above to give them more combi weapons

Yup. Not exactly a problem really, you could leave it like this and be fine, but if you have extra points get some more Combi-Weapons (they should be Combi-Plasma if Iron Angle is credible at all, which he is).

Fast Attack

Looks good, but either give them all flamers or meltas, preferrably meltas.

Definitely only pick one, but Flamers work pretty well on Raptors. I like them, anyway.

Heavy Support
    Vindicator
    Vindicator

You should make the predator in the autocannon/lassponson combination.

Yup.

Friggan Soul Reap did my job for me haha Cheers mates, hope this helps!
    Last edited by honorableSimon; October 20th, 2007 at 10:36. Reason: edit portion....
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

One more thing I wanted to mention. With any extra points you could give the vindicators daemonic possession.

Wow, I actually like that way of commenting on lists a lot more. It looks a lot more neat without the messy quote boxes.
    EDIT: In retrospect, it would probably look better if I wasn't using another color. I just wanted to respond to Soul Reap's posts.

Soul Reap = red
    Simon (me) = pretty blue

yeah, I don't like the textboxes that much either, but I use them occasionally. Also don't worry about your job, I've just got your back.:happy:

Thanks for the rep too.

+ Reply to Thread