[2000] Unconventional new foot slogging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

[2000] Unconventional new foot slogging

Hey all,

I thought I would try a bit of a different list for some foot sloggers as the new codex is out. Thank you to Ironangel for his assistance on LOChat for working out the bugs.

All opinions welcome:

HQ:

Daemon Prince: 185pts
    MoT
    Wings
    Doombolt and Warptime

Chaos Lord: 170pts
    MoT
    Wings
    Daemon Weapon
    Melta Bombs

Elites:

8 Chosen: 214pts
    IoCG
    4 Plasmaguns

8 Chosen: 194pts
    IoCG
    4 Meltaguns

Troops:

10 Marines (inc Asp Champ): 230pts
    IoCG
    2 Plasma Guns
    Champ has Powerfist

8 Noise Marines: 235pts
    7 Sonic Blasters
    1 Blast Master

8 Plague Marines (inc Plague Champ): 254pts
    2 Plasmaguns
    Champ has Powerfist

Fast Attack:

6 Bikes (inc Asp Champ): 268pts
    IoS
    2 Meltas
    Champ has Power weapon

8 Raptors (inc Asp Champ): 250pts
    IoK
    2 Meltas
    Champ has Lightning Claws

Total: 2000pts
    58 Warm Bodies

Let me know what you think.

ninja out

New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Sorry to leave you without comments until now, I'm just getting around to assuring the people with no comments that their lists are simply too polished for any really objective corrections.

I think it's very interesting how you approach anti-tank from a more mobile, up close and personal standpoint. I'm pretty sure that this should work against most armies (with I guess the Fast Attack choices rushing towards the most important tank and hoping the one of them survives. I think you'll run into trouble against either (A) Tank Heavy armies such as either Mechanized Tau (maybe not so much) or serious Imperial Guard, or ( Monolith 'Cron lists. I can't really say this from experience, but from what I've heard it's next to impossible to Meltagun the Monolith without Immobilizing it first (which would require some sort of ranged Heavy Weapon support). I don't even think you would lose against them with this list (not necessarily, anyway - obviously if you outplayed them you'll take the battle) You'll just probably have a harder time dealing with them because of the fact that you only have one weapon that's really capable of taking down anything with AV.

The way I would solve this is to grab a squad of Chosen kitted in a specific fashion I've come to fancy quite a bit despite that I haven't playtested it sufficiently yet. Specifically, I would trach the Melta Chosen for a squad with a Lascannon & Plasma Gun & probably a Power Fist for some defense. This would preserve the semi-mobile nature of your footie list while bringing in some different firepower to take on the tougher lists.

This is obviously by no means a necessary change, it's just something to think about. Remember, getting within 6'' of a vehicle without first becoming entangled in close combat isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Hope this helps cheers
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Simon is correct that there is not much that can touch the 'Lith in the list but against crons I would be going for phase out more than anything else.

Tank heavy armies will be a little harder for this list to tackle but this list will also be a little harder to tackle for those armies as well. Most people will run at least two AT tanks at this point limit and by not running any armor the efficiency of those tanks is cut nearly in half. All in all I would say that the matchups are decent.

The way I would solve this is to grab a squad of Chosen kitted in a specific fashion I've come to fancy quite a bit despite that I haven't playtested it sufficiently yet. Specifically, I would trach the Melta Chosen for a squad with a Lascannon & Plasma Gun & probably a Power Fist for some defense. This would preserve the semi-mobile nature of your footie list while bringing in some different firepower to take on the tougher lists.
    That could work and to be honest Ginger had a squad like that before talking with me. I guess it is really a point of preference that I like to have my chosen be as mobile as possible.

After a little talk I have had with 'Moon I am taking a much closer look at meltas on chosen squads. The idea is to stick them in cover in a strategic location and watch as your opponent avoids this area with his armor. This should allow you to more easily bottle neck the armor for your raptors and bikes to deal with.

Anyways, just some thoughts...
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    After a little talk I have had with 'Moon I am taking a much closer look at meltas on chosen squads. The idea is to stick them in cover in a strategic location and watch as your opponent avoids this area with his armor. This should allow you to more easily bottle neck the armor for your raptors and bikes to deal with.
    Honestly that's such a great idea. See, this is why you run the show now. Although deceptively simple, I would never come up with something like that. Thanks for the explanation.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Thank you both very much for your comments, (although in angel's case I have heard it all before :rofl)

I think the list will struggle against the tank heavy as well, but so do most foot slogging lists. The melta chosen, bikes and raptors should help in this regard though, and the daemon prince is no slouch against non lith tanks either.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x1)

I tried to do a similar list, but yours is much better. I might drop the bikes to 3, remove some extras like melta bombs, and try to fit in more infantry (1k sons?) - Either more numbers or more firepower, something worth the loss of 3 bikes which won't give you either.
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

+ Reply to Thread