LOTD Army List need help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya guys, been a collector of fantasy for a while, but after moving to an area where everyone in the store pretty much plays 40k I figuered I should do a an LOTD army.
    Started modelling and painting now, but never really played 40k, so would appreciate someone recommending an army list for me. So far I've made and painted 20 traitors with lasguns, 2 of eevry speacial weapon upgrade (meltas, plasma guns etc), 10 traitors with cc weap and autopistol (I know they are probs crap but wanted to use the flagellant models to make cultists, looks too cool to drop em from the list) and 5 big mutants, and i plan to get a russ.

I'm normally more for models over gaming, and I really want to have traitor suads, cultists and big mutants in the army, but err don't ave a cue how to make it into a functioning army...... ne suggesitons? 1000 point and a 1500 pnt list would be cool. I totally need advice.

I was thinking something like 5 big mutants, 2 15 man squads with agitator, and some speacial weaps, a caos aspiring champion withh cc stuff attached to the cultists and the russ in heavy support. I'm not really looking to win win win tournament style, I just want a fun well balanced army which people will enjoy playing against.

ne help would be greatly appreciated.

also wot should i give my agitators?

also if neone out there is interested in making traitors, use the cadian plastic sprews combined with the 'kolony rebel heads' from pig iron productions, it looks awesome.

I got the big mutants usng the renegade ogryn from forgeworld, andI'm considering making mjutants by combining beastmen with catachan arms and necromunda weaps.

hope that helps neone whose considering making an lotd army

btw sorry I know it's really cheeky basically asking people to design an army list for me, soz, if you oculd just give me a clear idea of wot to buy and paint next that would be awesome

oh shoot and its latd not lotd, whoops, losst and the damned

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; November 4th, 2007 at 02:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to burst your buble but latd is not a playing legal force im preety sure that a dex for them will come out next year in form of the daemon codex that everyone speaks about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, I;'ve done my research, they are legal , just not allowed in tournaments.

here's the codex

http://ca.games-workshop.com/Communi...lostdamned.pdf

here's an official document on using them with the new rules set

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...FAQ_V4-0-1.pdf

and heres an official sourcre saying its legit

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...ed/default.htm

see? it's all gravy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

If you're looking to have someone make a list for you why don't you check out the Army Builder Thread! I'm sure the folks there would be happy to help.

Click me right freakin' now! (Chaos Army List Designer MK III)
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoops, wrong thread? oh man I'm really soz guyz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_Chaz View Post
    here's an official document on using them with the new rules set
    You'll definately want to check some of those documents again; the FAQ one for all of the eye of terror armies is from 2004, three years before the new caos codex came out. The link to GW for the list is before the new codex as well, GW does not change every little bit of its website as certain aspects of its various games make some things illegitimate.

Yeah the rules to field lost and the damned still exist out there, but they do not work with the new chaos marine codex. Its very clear for anyone that tries to do so because certain things no longer work.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hi,

We have an edit function here on LO. Try not to post repeatedly without a reply in between (double, in your case triple, posting) but instead use the edit function (a little pencil down at the bottom right of your post) to edit your original post.

Also, please try to take the time to spell, punctuate, and use correct grammar. Don't abbreviate words such as "ne" and "wot" and the likes - spell your words out, and make sure to keep all language PG13.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, okay, does anyone have any information reguarding fielding a lost and the damned army?

I was hoping to field an army with very little CSM in it, would that be okay?
    Last edited by Slim_Chaz; November 4th, 2007 at 03:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok let me go into more depth latd were once usuable in what 2004 when 3rd ed csm codex was in but no they are no longer compatable so you will not be able to play them unless you play with your freinds who couldnt care less, i wouldn i aprreciate the change but thats me and not the entire world. The new ruinous powers codex will come out early next year and that will have little or no chaos space marine units it is rumored to have 20 daemon units and may have rules for latd.
    Last edited by ac addict; November 4th, 2007 at 06:55. Reason: more depth

+ Reply to Thread