1500pt infantry speedy attack (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt infantry speedy attack (friendly)

Here is a 1500pt army for you dissection and comments.

NB. I have deliberately included a large number of meltaguns as I both quite like them and they fit the fluff for the army I’m writing.

HQ
    Chaos Lord + Pair of Lightning Claws + Jump Pack + Mark of Khorne = 150pts

The Lord is to accompany the raptors and to kill as much as possible as quickly as possible so I’ve tried to keep him cheap but effective.

TROOPS
    8 Noise Marines + 6 Sonic Blasters = 190pts

The Noise Marines are to provide light fire support at range, particularly once I can get them into a good position with cover and they get extra shots for being static.

10 Chaos Space marines + 2 Meltaguns + Mark of Chaos Glory + Aspiring Champion + Power weapon = 210pts

The Chaos Space Marines are my general purpose unit that will follow the raptors into combat but can also lay down firepower as needed.

ELITES
    8 Chosen Chaos Space Marines + 4 Meltaguns + Mark of Chaos Glory = 194pts

The Chosen Chaos Space Marines are to take advantage of infiltrate and start popping enemy armour as soon as possible and/or as somebody else (possibly Karmoon?) mentioned in another thread they can create a dead area into which no enemy armour wants to move. Either way they will also help to start clearing the way for the raptors.

5 Chaos Terminators + 2 Combi-meltas + 1 Powerfist + 1 Heavy Flamer = 175pts

The Chaos Terminators will deepstrike in using the Raptors/Lord/Chosen to lock on and avoid scatter and then add to the general carnage in that sector of the battlefield.

FAST ATTACK
    10 Chaos Raptors + 2 Meltaguns + Aspiring Champion + Powerfist + Mark of Khorne = 290pts

10 Chaos Raptors + 2 Meltaguns + Aspiring Champion + Powerfist + Mark of Khorne = 290pts

The Chaos Raptors are the main thrust of my attack and are designed to kill enemy infantry with a huge number of attacks whilst receiving support from my other squads.

Total = 1499pts
    Models = 52

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Looks good plenty of melta guns for tankhunting and the raptors provide the infantry killing with backup from reglar marines and noise marines. I can't find anything thats wrong, plus its fluffy.

I'm not really a fan of the chosen with meltaguns, but I can see what you mean to do, please tell me how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

the setups are not bad though as I have seen in a lot of lists recently, you have absolutely no ranged AT fire power. Consider a squad of havocs with MLs or getting your noise marines a blastmaster at the very least.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

+ Reply to Thread