Friendly 1750p - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Friendly 1750p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly 1750p

This is my second try here and I've tried to evolve the list according to previous recommendations. My opposition will be Tyranids (mixed list), Eldar (mixed), Inqusition/IG (mech.), BT and Nurglish Chaos.

Strategy will ofcourse depend on opposition (and mission), but basically blitzkrieg or defensive/countercharge.

...HQ..........175
    Deamon Prince 175
    Wings
    Warp Time
    MoT

...Fast........478
    Raptors x 7
    AC
    2xLC
    Melta x 2
    IoS
    =220

2x Bikers x 3
    MeltaGun x 2
    IoCG
    =258

...Troops......663
    Berzerkers x 8
    SkullChamp
    SC-PF
    Rhino
    =243

2x CSM x 10
    IoCG
    Rhino
    Havoc Launcher
    =420

...Heavy.......430
    Predator 130
    Las Sponsons

Predator 150
    HB sponsons
    Las Turret
    Havoc Launcher

Defiler 150
    2CCW
    Total 1746
    Models 42
    Rhinos 3
    Heavy Armour 3

I had a Lash. sourceror tagging along but I've traded him for a defiler. I used to bring 10 BZ without upgrades but now I bought a PF instead, I could trade it for a PW and get one extra Havoc Launcher (they really rock against Tyranids and Eldar).

I know the Las Turret is out of fashion but I usually have to move my Preds to get the shots and with this setup I get the shot twinlinked and the HB and HL are usefull against Vipers, Land Speeders, Sentinels and such.

JitM

Disciple of Khorne
    "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

...HQ..........175
    Deamon Prince 175
    Wings
    Warp Time
    MoT
    decent though if you can find the points doombolt is a decent enough power to combo with warptime.

...Fast........478
    Raptors x 7
    AC
    2xLC
    Melta x 2
    IoS
    =220

2x Bikers x 3
    MeltaGun x 2
    IoCG
    =258
    decent enough

...Troops......663
    Berzerkers x 8
    SkullChamp
    SC-PF
    Rhino
    =243

2x CSM x 10
    IoCG
    Rhino
    Havoc Launcher
    =420
    imo you should drop the havoc launchers on the rhinos and try to squeeze points to get the normal marine squads 2x special weapons at the very least.

...Heavy.......430
    Predator 130
    Las Sponsons

Predator 150
    HB sponsons
    Las Turret
    Havoc Launcher

Defiler 150
    2CCW
    This is ok though I am not a fan of the second predator setup and as long as you get your basic marines some meltas I would change the second pred to another defiler. Maybe drop the MoT altogether from your DP for extra points since you only have the 1 psychic power anyways.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your comments, I have some followup questions.
    DP:
    Doombolt would be nice, I probably keep MoT to give him a chance against all those rending attacks...

CSM:
    I think I get your idea, but for specialweapons I would rather go for Plasmaguns since I expect the bikes and raptors to take care of Melta needs. It will be hard to give up the HL though. Have you tried them against GEQ infantry? They also make the empty Rhinos a hassle to my opponents.

Heavy:
    Yes, I've read through the poll and discussion concerning Pred armament, however I rarely find two good fireing lanes where I can stand still and shoot. Also I'm concerned about AV 12 of the defiler, propably because I not skilled enough in using it, and two would ofcourse make them last longer. But I need more confidence in using it before I by another model. However I'm not in dire need of more infantry killing power but rather ranged AT (targets my mobile meltas can't catch...).

You think meltas on the CSM will make a good alternative to the TLLC on the second Pred?
    JitM

Disciple of Khorne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Doombolt would be nice, I probably keep MoT to give him a chance against all those rending attacks...
    fair enough...

I think I get your idea, but for specialweapons I would rather go for Plasmaguns since I expect the bikes and raptors to take care of Melta needs. It will be hard to give up the HL though. Have you tried them against GEQ infantry? They also make the empty Rhinos a hassle to my opponents.
    I tend to spam meltas in my own lists and leave plasma for plague marines and chosen. imo you would be better running 2x flamers in each of your marine squads over the havoc launchers given the opponents you mentioned. This would give them great short ranged horde killing power and also free up enough pts to get your DP doombolt.

Yes, I've read through the poll and discussion concerning Pred armament, however I rarely find two good fireing lanes where I can stand still and shoot. Also I'm concerned about AV 12 of the defiler, propably because I not skilled enough in using it, and two would ofcourse make them last longer. But I need more confidence in using it before I by another model. However I'm not in dire need of more infantry killing power but rather ranged AT (targets my mobile meltas can't catch...).
    imo given that you have the two AT bike squads you do not necessarily need the TL LC on the pred. You could save some points by making it the pure dakka version or like I suggested switch out the predator altogether for another defiler. defilers tend to work better in pairs as like you had guessed, one is just a little too easy to pop. With the second defiler there you gain the added bonus of knowing that your 1 pred and all of your rhinos should receive little to no fire until the defilers are dead and the defilers can take that kind of punishment as nothing short of total destruction will stop them from moving and firing every turn.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    I tend to spam meltas in my own lists and leave plasma for plague marines and chosen. imo you would be better running 2x flamers in each of your marine squads over the havoc launchers given the opponents you mentioned. This would give them great short ranged horde killing power and also free up enough pts to get your DP doombolt.
    Ok, I can see how that would make the squad more focused. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    imo given that you have the two AT bike squads you do not necessarily need the TL LC on the pred. You could save some points by making it the pure dakka version or like I suggested switch out the predator altogether for another defiler. defilers tend to work better in pairs as like you had guessed, one is just a little too easy to pop. With the second defiler there you gain the added bonus of knowing that your 1 pred and all of your rhinos should receive little to no fire until the defilers are dead and the defilers can take that kind of punishment as nothing short of total destruction will stop them from moving and firing every turn.
    Yes, they usually recive quite alot of fire... Since I don't have the model, I think I rather run it this way for awhile, but a second Defiler would be something to tryout. I just have to figure out the best way to use them... It is quite an odd combination isn't it.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
    JitM

Disciple of Khorne

+ Reply to Thread