Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Pt. Tourney/Fluffy List

598 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Killswitch 
#1 · (Edited)
Planning to play this list in a tourny in a couple months. It's based around the Scourged Warband.

Chaos Sorceror (Attached to the Term's)
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Doombolt
-Warptime
-Terminator Armour
-Personal Icon

Chosen x9
- Mark of Tzeentch
- 3 Meltaguns
- Powerfist

Chaos Terminators x4
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Heavy Flamer
-Combi-Plasma x2
-Lightning Claws
-Land Raider (As an Elites Choice is deployed as such)

CSM x9
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Rhino
- Havoc Launcher

Thousand Sons x8+1
-Aspiring Sorceror
-Doombolt
-Personal Icon
-Rhino

Obliterators x2

Total Points: 1496

The plan is, depending on the opponent, to deepstrike the oblits and potentially the Terms depending on opponent setup. Any suggestions for improvement? Keep in mind I'm keeping with the Tzeentch fluff and maintaining 9 man squads with the exception of the terms. The Numerous Rhino's are there for being nice squishy targets to draw fire away from my troops, There's no warptime due to points limitations.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Chaos Sorceror
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Doombolt
-Terminator Armour
-Personal Icon
Unless you're going to deepstrike it in with the other terminators, perhaps swap the armour for wings. Also, the MoT allows 2 powers to be used per turn. Warptime!!!! :party2:

Chosen x9
- Mark of Tzeentch
- 3 Meltaguns
- Powerfist
-Rhino

I'd probably reconsider using the rhino and perhaps infiltrate instead...
They do have an Icon after all, making them useful for bringing in terminators close to the enemy's squishy bits.

Chaos Terminators x4
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Heavy Flamer
-Combi-Flamer x2
-Lightning Claws
-Land Raider

Never been a fan of the Land Raider. You could drop it and have many more terminators.
And perhaps choose combi plasmas over the flamers... a heavy flamer should suffice and the plasma's are very so juicy.

CSM x9
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Rhino

Thousand Sons x8+1
-Aspiring Sorceror
-Doombolt
-Personal Icon
-Rhino

I like.

Obliterators x2
I also like... Perhaps a havoc squad as well for HS with a bunch of Missile Launchers. Or even a Las-sponson Predator. You have a few rhino's there, so fielding one or two should be safe enough.

#3 · (Edited)
Hmmm. If you want to keep it Tzeentchy then lets go full bore!

HQ: I would opt for a Prince here:

DP, Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Doombolt- 185 pts

Elites: Termis are mean, lets make them a little meaner!

5x Termis - MoT, 3 Combi-plasmas, Heavy Flamer, Lightning Claws - 215 pts

5x Termis - MoT, 3 Combi-plasmas, Heavy Flamer, Lightning Claws - 215 pts

Troops: lets make them all Thousand Sons!

2 Units as follows:

8+1: Sorcerer w/ BoC, Personal Icon, Rhino - 309 pts

Heavy:

2 Obliterators - 150 pts

Predator - Dakka (Autocannon, HB sponsons, Havoc launcher) - 115 pts

Total: 1498 pts

Didn't really think that the Chosen fit in Tzeentch. I always pictured huge armored monsters lumbering into my lines taking shot after shot without flinching, not a stealthy squad leaping into my ranks! Hence the addition of Terminators. The Land Raider is big and takes up space, but there are better options for the points. This shoud give you a LOT of MEQ killing power and a variety of places to drop in your Termis and Oblits. The Prince will serve you better in the long run.

Just my two cents, take it as you will. Good luck!

As a side note, this will look a little more balanced for tournament play since your points are spread a little more evenly, other players will give you props for that.

#4 ·
Farnola had some pretty good points there and I think that I would follow those pretty close. The only thing I disagree with is I don't like running multiple units of termis except in games of 2k pts or more and if I did I would give them more focus, all combi plasmas + a heavy flamer is the way to go.

#5 ·
Normally I would agree with Ironangel on not having the 2 Termi squads, but for fluff reasons I would keep them. I remember playing Tzeentch with the old rules and having Rubric Termis runnin around and it was great!

Kept the Claws for fun, could certainly change to 4 Combi plasmas and a heavy flamer. That would save a few points too. What you would add too with those points however, I don't know. . .

#6 ·
Planning to play this list in a tourny in a couple months. It's based around the Scourged Warband.
Let's see what I can do.
Chaos Sorceror (Attached to the Term's)
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Doombolt
-Warptime
-Terminator Armour
-Personal Icon
Drop Termie armour, and just run him with a sqaud or take wings. Or run a DP.
Chosen x9
- Mark of Tzeentch
- 3 Meltaguns
- Powerfist
Good.

Chaos Terminators x4
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Heavy Flamer
-Combi-Plasma x2
-Lightning Claws
-Land Raider (As an Elites Choice is deployed as such)
Drop the LR, take 3x Combi-plasma and 1x Heavy flamer.
CSM x9
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Rhino
- Havoc Launcher
Take 2x Melta guns and a PF.
Thousand Sons x8+1
-Aspiring Sorceror
-Doombolt
-Personal Icon
-Rhino
Good.
Obliterators x2
Good.

The plan is, depending on the opponent, to deepstrike the oblits and potentially the Terms depending on opponent setup. Any suggestions for improvement? Keep in mind I'm keeping with the Tzeentch fluff and maintaining 9 man squads with the exception of the terms. The Numerous Rhino's are there for being nice squishy targets to draw fire away from my troops, There's no warptime due to points limitations.
This list is okay, and with the saved points from the LR, you can possibly afford a pred.

-J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.