2.5k List(s) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.5k List(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

2.5k List(s)

I was just beating around a few ideas on some lists and was looking for some feedback...

HQ:

DP w/ MoT + Wings + Warptime + Doombolt
    185 pts

Sorcerer w/ MoS + Flight + Lash
    145 pts

Troops:

10x marines, IoCG, 2x meltas, AC w/ fist + Rhino
    255 pts

8x noise marines, 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster, personal icon + Rhino w/ dozerblade
    285 pts

8x plague marines, 2x plasma guns, PC w/ fist, personal icon + Rhino
    294 pts

8x berzerkers, SC w/ PW, personal icon + Rhino
    238 pts

6x lesser daemons

6x lesser daemons

Fast attack:

8x raptors, IoK, 2x meltas, AC w/ claws
    250 pts

6x bikers, IoS, 2x meltas, AC w/ PW
    268 pts

Heavy:

Predator w/ AC + LC Sponsons
    130 pts

Defiler w/ 2 extra DCCW
    150 pts

Defiler w/ 2 extra DCCW
    150 pts

Total:
    2501 pts
    62 bodies
    7 pieces of armor

The other option is to switch out the bikers for a 6 man squad of chosen with plasma and a dread w/ ML + DCCW + Heavy Flamer. To be honest I am liking the bikers however. they may not be the best choice tactically but they fit overrall with my mechanized theme and nothing is cooler than an evil super human warrior on a giant Harley.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Looks good. I agree to not take out the bikers for chosen and dread because they fill a really good objective catcher unit. Plus they're one of the best ways to summon some lessor daemons.;Y

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Yes the list looks really good.

I would drop the rhino from the noise marines. They really dont need it. Turn 1 advance to 20" range and fire assault 2 sonic blasters and an assault 2 blast master. Subsequent turns you can do the same or sit tight and fire heavy 3 sonic blasters and a St8 blast marker. A Rhino would get you close, in which case drop the blastmasters as rappid fire bolters become just as good within 12". Yes you can't assault with bolters but there isn't even a power weapon in this squad so you want to avoid combat anyway.

Use the points for more lesser daemons as 6 man units are a bit small. You could also drop 2 or 3 personal icons. 6 Icons seems a bit overkill to summon 2 units of deamons.

I also think that for such a large army you could do with a little more ranged anti tank firepower. You have plenty of mobile meltas but they will have to wait to engage tanks. considder using 2 predators and 1 defiler.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I would drop the rhino from the noise marines. They really dont need it. Turn 1 advance to 20" range and fire assault 2 sonic blasters and an assault 2 blast master. Subsequent turns you can do the same or sit tight and fire heavy 3 sonic blasters and a St8 blast marker. A Rhino would get you close, in which case drop the blastmasters as rappid fire bolters become just as good within 12". Yes you can't assault with bolters but there isn't even a power weapon in this squad so you want to avoid combat anyway.
    The rhino is there more for fluff reasons than anything and to keep with the mechanized theme. I don't plan on having the noise marines in the rhino at all during the game but I plan on using it for mobile cover, blocking line of sight, and tank shocking.

Use the points for more lesser daemons as 6 man units are a bit small. You could also drop 2 or 3 personal icons. 6 Icons seems a bit overkill to summon 2 units of deamons.
    in regards to the icons I would only really feel comfortable dropping 2 of them at the most though I like the versatility having icons in every squad gives. The lesser daemons are a bit small I agree, though I do not intend them to be working alone. They will most likely be summoned to support another squad or to force target priority checks.

I also think that for such a large army you could do with a little more ranged anti tank firepower. You have plenty of mobile meltas but they will have to wait to engage tanks. considder using 2 predators and 1 defiler.
    Defilers tend to get popped way too quickly running solo so if I take any I will be taking 2. I agree that I am a little light on the ranged AT and have considered running three preds over the defilers but am still not sure that I want to do that.

EDIT: I am considering dropping the personal icon on the zerkers in order to upgrade the dozer blade on the noise marine rhino to a combi melta. That way it can potentially be used to threaten armor as well.
    Last edited by Ironangel256; November 20th, 2007 at 14:22.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

This build by far is one of the more exciting builds I've seen. So many options...never a dull moment.

However, I'm having a difficult time seeing the strategy behind the build. There's not enough redundancy, which isn't a problem if your main objective is to field a fluffy army.

It all has to do with your troops. Have you considered fielding only two marks/icons? Something like this:

Undivided/Khorne
    Khorne/Nurgle
    Khorne/Slaanesh

Noise marines & rhinos: If you have the points, the rhino is virtually always a good option. Even if the noise marines are fielded outside the rhino, you can then use the vehicle as mobile L.O.S. blockage. At the 2500 point level, you have the points, and there's always a concern over incoming enemy fire. I say keep the rhino if you can.

Bikes: Agreed. They're not that bad and will function as magnets for your other infantry units. Of course, another raptor squad would probably be more beneficial; but at the same time, with so many vehicles on the board, your bikes should have sufficient mobile terrain for protection. They also offer a quick threat early on.

Defilers -vs- AT Preds: Honestly, the preds will likely serve your list better than the defilers. If you weren't running any vehicles, then you could probably get away with even less tank busters.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

How can you have a personal icon without a champion? You may be able to do this, as I don't have my codex on me. I just wanted to make sure you knew you did that on the Noise Marines.

I like the list overall, it's nice and fluffy. But I wouldn't use it in a tournament.

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Just a quick note about your Noise Marines - as the rest of your troops are in Rhinos themselves it may not matter to you, but during an Omega level game they will be arriving late, which it might be nice to have at least one full squad on the field during such a game. Just food for thought. I do like the list though. I may even print it off and try it out myself.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

However, I'm having a difficult time seeing the strategy behind the build. There's not enough redundancy, which isn't a problem if your main objective is to field a fluffy army.
    It all has to do with your troops. Have you considered fielding only two marks/icons? Something like this:

Undivided/Khorne

Khorne/Nurgle

Khorne/Slaanesh
    hhhmmmm, to be honest I see redundancy in the list not through the troop types but through the weapons fielded and the roles that different squads have. For instance I have 6 meltas, 2 fast moving CC squads, 2 shooty squads with rhinos, etc...

Defilers -vs- AT Preds: Honestly, the preds will likely serve your list better than the defilers. If you weren't running any vehicles, then you could probably get away with even less tank busters.

This has been the biggest point of contention for me overall in my design of the list. I really would like to field defilers but given that most of the rest of my list is already CC based with a fine amount of anti infantry fire I think I will be switching to predators...

How can you have a personal icon without a champion? You may be able to do this, as I don't have my codex on me. I just wanted to make sure you knew you did that on the Noise Marines.

yep, I did it on purpose! I didn't want to pay for the noise champ as I wanted the squad to be ranged and its ok according to the dex.

I like the list overall, it's nice and fluffy. But I wouldn't use it in a tournament.

Well, that's exactly what I am planning on doing though I am sure the list will change before I get there... in fact I may do some tweaking and changing today!

Just a quick note about your Noise Marines - as the rest of your troops are in Rhinos themselves it may not matter to you, but during an Omega level game they will be arriving late, which it might be nice to have at least one full squad on the field during such a game. Just food for thought. I do like the list though. I may even print it off and try it out myself.

Yeah, it had crossed my mind but I am pretty set on keeping the rhino like I said above to stay with the whole mechanized theme.

EDIT: This is the new concept...

HQ:

185 pts

145 pts

Elites:

4x termis, 3x combi plasmas, 1x heavy flamer
    140 pts

Troops:

255 pts

8x noise marines, 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster, personal icon + Rhino
    275 pts

7x plague marines, 2x plasma guns, PC w/ fist, personal icon + Rhino
    271 pts

238 pts

6x lesser daemons

6x lesser daemons

Fast attack:

8x raptors, IoK, 2x meltas, AC w/ fist
    250 pts

7x raptors, IoS, 2x meltas, AC w/ PW (Sorc. here)
    210 pts

Heavy:

130 pts

130 pts

Predator w/ AC + HB Sponsons + Havoc Launcher
    115 pts

Total:
    2500 pts

66 bodies
    7 pieces of armor

it seems a little more cohesive to me and by adding the termis I am helping to justify taking the icons for all of my squads.
    Last edited by Ironangel256; November 21st, 2007 at 14:37.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    EDIT: This is the new concept...

HQ:

185 pts

145 pts

Elites:

4x termis, 3x combi plasmas, 1x heavy flamer
    140 pts

Troops:

255 pts

8x noise marines, 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster, personal icon + Rhino
    275 pts

7x plague marines, 2x plasma guns, PC w/ fist, personal icon + Rhino
    271 pts

238 pts

6x lesser daemons

6x lesser daemons

Fast attack:

8x raptors, IoK, 2x meltas, AC w/ fist
    250 pts

7x raptors, IoS, 2x meltas, AC w/ PW (Sorc. here)
    210 pts

Heavy:

130 pts

130 pts

Predator w/ AC + HB Sponsons + Havoc Launcher
    115 pts

Total:
    2500 pts

66 bodies

7 pieces of armor

it seems a little more cohesive to me and by adding the termis I am helping to justify taking the icons for all of my squads.
    Seems a pretty solid list there. DSing units on to rhino'd icons is great, it gives the bearer a MASSIVE base size, so the safe DS zone is greatly increased.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread