1000 pt Nurgle Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt Nurgle Army

My army has mostly been composed to follow my armies fluff and not really for winning battles. But I would appreciate opinions on whether it is at all playable.

HQ - Daemon prince - 145pts
    -mark of nurgle
    -nurgle's rot

Troops - Plague Marines X 6 - 196pts
    -champion with power weapon
    -plasmagun x 2

Troops - Plague Marines X 6 - 176pts
    -meltagun

-meltagun

Heavy - Obliterators x 2 - 150pts

I would appreciate any opinions, even if you just think it sucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Each of your troop squads need to be 2 points more expensive.

HQ: I run a demon prince like this one but without rot. It wasn't anygood in the old codex and now that it is 3 times the cost and needs a psi power test I think it sucks. Warptime is nice but expensive, especially in such a small list. Doombolt seems your best option. It has good range and gives a chance to soften up a devastator squad on your advance.

Troops: I would prefer to see power fists in the squads but where to find the points? You could drop the asp champ and PW from the plasma squad as it usually wants to rappid fire and stays out of combat. Split the points saved to upgrade the melta squad PWs to PFs and maybe buy an extra meltagun per squad.

Oblits: Fine but split one unit into two units of one to add more flexibility.

Tactics:
    I like the foot slogging. I see too many rhino heavy armies since they became cheaper but for the plaguemarines and their ultra resilliance it is not really needed.

Don't ler your army be split up and handled peacemeal. You have very little mobility and can't react to changes very quickly. Keep most of the army together and in a central position to allow you to turn left or right. Let the enemy out flank you if he wants as you have no flank or rear armour to portect. Delpoy in a 18"-24" area in the centre of the deployment zone then walk up the middle and kill anything that gets in the way. This also makes capturing table quarters at the end of the game a doddle.

Deep strike one or two units of the obliterators if you need to hunt indirect basilisks or tau battle suits doing that jump out - shoot - jump back thing. Otherwise footslog with the rest of the army providing fire support. The enemy wil probably shoot these chaps first which is good as it is the plague marines that will ususlly win you the game.

I find that feel no pain is so useful and I use this to determine targets. Anything that ignores feel no pain you should shoot first. So target Russ, vindicators, basilisks, 4xML devastators etc and also power weapon armed squads and mosterous creatures that will ignore FNP in combat. Remember we get FNP against lots of weapons that are generally considdered marine killers. We get the 4+ save against Rending assault cannon, star cannon, plasma weapons, inferno bolts, wraithcannon (ususally), Doon Siren, Faith point assisted bolters etc.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jupe View Post
    My army has mostly been composed to follow my armies fluff and not really for winning battles. But I would appreciate opinions on whether it is at all playable.

HQ - Daemon prince - 145pts
    -mark of nurgle
    -nurgle's rot

-plasmagun x 2

-meltagun

-meltagun

I would appreciate any opinions, even if you just think it sucks.
    The Daemon prince will work much better with flight instead of nurgles rot.

Plague marines function much better with powerfists than any other marine unit champion due to there decreased Inititive. Not much you can do about this as points are lacking.
    Again Plague marines are now the best plasma gunners in the army too, they get the FnP roll against the overheat in addition to there 3+ save, nice.

My suggestion would be to drop one obliterator, split those into three squads of one, upgrade each champion to powerfists, along with adding in another melta to the last squad and upgrading the other to have plasmas. I think you should also have enough points to run the daemon prince with flight too. I might be wrong im working off the top of my head.

My opinion.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice guys. I will most likely take the advice about adding power fists. and thanks for the strategy advice as well. I will consider dropping the nurgle's rot and one of the oblits to use the points on my marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made some revisions to the list. replaced nurgle's rot with doombolt, took out the champion from the plasma squad to add power fists and extra meltaguns to the two melta squads. I'm was happy to find that there was still enough points for 4 oblits, so i split them up into 3 squads now.

HQ - Daemon prince - 140pts
    -mark of nurgle
    -doombolt

Troops - Plague Marines X 6 - 166pts
    -plasmagun x 2

-champion with power fist
    -meltagun x 2

-champion with power fist
    -meltagun x 2

Heavy - Obliterators - 75pts

Heavy - Obliterators - 75pts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

List is looking good now. ;Y

Wings on the daemon prince are usually worth the points but for this list you can live without them. You run the risk of being cut off if a flying prince engages too soon and ends up taking on 3 squads on his own before your plague marines can arrive to help. Don't get me wrong, as DanJones says they would be nice but where to find the points? Dropping an Oblit is a big drop in long range firepower. I would leave the flight upgrade to the 1500 point level.

The last reason not to take wings is transporting the model becomes more problematic. My Deathguard travel in a Figures in Comfort Midi Case. I am considdering paintind up a second daemon prince with wings but it wouldn't fit in my existing trays. I am also considdering a jetpack conversion instead made from the back part of a SM landspeeder and 2 Falcon grav tank engine nozzles.

I still think your troop choices should be 168, 198 and 198 points which puts the army total at 1004.
    You could swap 2 meltas for a single plasmagun as 4 obliterators and 2 meltas seem enough anti tank firepower in 100 point games. If you dropped an obliterator instead you could upgrade the plague marines to 7 man squads.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mad Cat, your right about the point costs, not sure how i managed to subtract 2 points from each squad.

so i need to get rid of 4 points and I have to think of what the best way to do that is.

I could drop an oblit and then i would have some extra points to pump into my troops like you said, or I could drop a meltagun.

I'll just have to decide which one suits me best.

also, the idea of replacing the oblit with some extra troops wont work so well for me because im trying to make this army out of minis I already own. the oblits are gonna be converted from old termis and I just barely have enough unused marines to fill the list there.

and I made my daemon prince from scratch using some greenstuff and a lot of miniature chains.

+ Reply to Thread