1000 pt Khorne Terminators and Tzeentch Thousand Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt Khorne Terminators and Tzeentch Thousand Sons

I have been planning for a 1000 points chaos marines list for a while and heres what I have come up so far.

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    -- Terminator armour
    -- mark of Khorne
    -- daemon weapon: bloodfeeder

High risk, high gain... if lucky. Sounds good to me. I understand if some might not like this. I am going to deep strike him.

Elites

5 Chaos terminators
    -- 2 pair of lightning claws
    -- 2 chainfist
    -- Icon of Khorne

Some anti tank capability with the chainfists and these should do great once they get into close combat. Planning to deep strike these too.

Troops

5 Thousand sons
    -- chaos rhino
    ---- twin-linked bolter
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- Gift of chaos

5 Thousand sons
    -- chaos rhino
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- Gift of chaos

Not sure how good these are but I like the looks of the Thousand Sons. How good is gift of chaos? Can it be used twice a turn or do you need to use different powers, if you want to use a power twice a turn?

Heavy Support

Chaos predator
    -- side sponsons lascannons

Some anti tank and distraction for the rhinos.

Total: 1000 pt

model count: 19

I ended up with a relatively low model count, might that be a problem? Or how many models do/should you normally have..

Last edited by Falarier; November 26th, 2007 at 01:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Well I'll just go through the list

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    -- Terminator armour
    -- mark of Khorne

I wouldn't put him in terminator armour or deepstrike (deepstriking lords are usually a bad idea) with terminators as your termintors have no ranged weaponry when they land, but its your call.

High risk, high gain... if lucky. Sounds good to me. I understand if some might not like this. I am going to deep strike him.

Elites

5 Chaos terminators
    -- 2 chainfist
    -- Icon of Khorne

Well I don't think terminators are good at 1000 points, but if you wish to use them then combi plasmas would be good with just powerweapons. Claws and chainfists can make them expensive. An icon is also not needed for them to be effective. If your going to put the lord with them I'd suggest using only 4 terminators with combi plasma.

Some anti tank capability with the chainfists and these should do great once they get into close combat. Planning to deep strike these too.

Troops

5 Thousand sons
    -- chaos rhino
    ---- twin-linked bolter
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- Gift of chaos

5 Thousand sons
    -- chaos rhino
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- Gift of chaos

Both of these squads are too small I think going with regular marines are better for 1000 points. Either do that or lose the rhinos and gifts of chaos and get doombolt along with more sons. If this is done then replace the pred with 2 obliterators. Use any extra points too boost their numbers.

Not sure how good these are but I like the looks of the Thousand Sons. How good is gift of chaos? Can it be used twice a turn or do you need to use different powers, if you want to use a power twice a turn?

Heavy Support

Chaos predator

Good, but against if you add more sons and lose the rhinos then replace it with obliterators.

Senior Member Giant Mutant Chaos Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    -- Terminator armour
    -- mark of Khorne
    Unless your deepstiking him with the termies, DONT
    still its very risy and belive me they will die. better off droping the terminator armour (as metioned above

Elites

5 Chaos terminators
    -- 2 chainfist
    -- Icon of Khorne
    Seem good but a bit overkill in a 1000 point game

Troops

5 Thousand sons
    -- chaos rhino
    ---- twin-linked bolter
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- Gift of chaos

5 Thousand sons
    -- chaos rhino
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- Gift of chaos
    these are also good but again are better in larger games. you should have an offensive spell like BoC or somthing like warptime (Can tis be used in a squad?)
    Once a turn, it can be very goo vs termies and the like as they can really deal out more than the 60 victoy point of a spawn, or you can just kill them
    Heavy Support

Chaos predator
    looks ok
    Good Post? Do Rep!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Pft, what a weenie. Hell, tell him that the next time you see him. Tell him that Katie Drake called him a weenie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to say, but this list has large prolems. Never, ever deep strike pure CC squads. They have nothing to shoot with when landing, and will most likely first scatter, then just be walked away from.

If I ever field my own CC Termies, i would take a Land Raider for them. It could be done in your list, you could take out Rhinos + 1 Termie and switch the Pred (And of course switch to Bolt of Change on the Sons now that they lack transport).
    That is the problem with Termies in 1000 pts, they really have to be shooty to be able to take any points.

The conclusion is to either gimp your list further, or rework it without the CC Termies. I would go for the second option.
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I really just wanted to lend my weight to what has already been said.

1. CC termis only really work in Landraiders as was mentioned above
    2. Your thousand sons squads are too small
    3. Due to the fact that you are including both termis and 1k sons in a 1k pts list your model count is dismal
    4. Gift of Chaos is a good spell but imo you are better off augmenting the 1k sons ranged fire with either doom bolt or BoC

If you need help with the new dex feel free to peruse the links in my signature, there is one for a tactica I wrote and another for the Chaos Army List designer thread.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I dropped the Gift of chaos and with the money saved on the spawn models I am now able to upgrade to a 1500 points list:

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    -- Terminator armour
    -- mark of Khorne

Elites

9 Chaos terminators
    -- 1 reaper autocannon
    -- 5 combi-plasma gun
    -- 3 pair of lightning claws
    -- Icon of Khorne

They might be a little bit overkill? Planning to deep strike these to the raptors with maybe the lord.

Troops

8 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- warptime

8 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- warptime

I decided to take warptime here instead of the gift.

Fast attack

5 Chaos raptors
    -- 2 meltagun
    -- icon of chaos glory

Heavy Support

Chaos Vindicator
    -- daemonic possession

Chaos defiler
    -- 2 replaced close combat arm

I dropped the predator and got defiler and vindicator instead.

Total: 1498
    Model count: 35
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; November 27th, 2007 at 18:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Falarier View Post
    So I dropped the Gift of chaos and with the money saved on the spawn models I am now able to upgrade to a 1500 points list:

HQ
    Chaos Lord 90
    -- Terminator armour
    -- mark of Khorne

Elites

9 Chaos terminators
    -- 1 reaper autocannon
    -- 5 combi-plasma gun
    -- Icon of Khorne

They might be a little bit overkill? Planning to deep strike these to the raptors with maybe the lord.
    You'd be better off switching out 5 of these guys for a land raider and running them up like that. As has been stated deepstriking CC oriented Termies tends to work out badly
    Troops

8 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- warptime
    Better than before but I would get an offensive power i.e. Doombolt or Bolt of Change, if you give doombolt to both squads you can upgrade your terminators to champions for that extra attack.
    Heavy Support

Chaos Vindicator
    -- daemonic possession
    Chaos defiler
    Vindicators are nice, but being as it's the really the only tank you have that will be running forward it's a bit of a liability unless you are running with more tanks I think you'd be better served by dropping the vindicator and defiler for a dedicated land raider for some termies and getting some Obliterators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmeis982 View Post
    You'd be better off switching out 5 of these guys for a land raider and running them up like that. As has been stated deepstriking CC oriented Termies tends to work out badly
    I could switch 6 of them off to make room for the lord in the land raider. But wouldnt the 5 combi-plasma guns, a reaper autocannon and the fact that they dont scatter as they teleport to the raptors make the teleportation feasible? As I understand the lord and the other terminators couldnt roll together for an entry but would make separate rolls, this could be a problem if I want to teleport them both..

Or then one option go by foor, well eh not so good eighter or?

What would make teleporting teminators work or is it just better to place them into a land raider as already stated.

If I take the land raider as a dedicated transport does it still count as a separate heavy support choise or as one or two elites choise with the terminators? I think it becomes one elites choise as it wouldnt be usefull to make it daticated if it would just restrict it to be usable by one group..
    Last edited by Falarier; November 27th, 2007 at 21:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a modified list with a land raider:

HQ
    Chaos Lord
    -- Terminator armour
    -- mark of Khorne

Elites
    4 Chaos terminators
    -- 1 chainfist
    -- Icon of Khorne
    Dedicated Chaos Land Raider
    -- Deamonic possession

Thanks for the tip Soul Reap. Changed Raider as dedicated. I suppose the lord character can still travel in it if he joins the termie squad. Atleast if its the same for chaos as it says in about this situation in the Witch Hunters codex.

Troops

7 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- warptime

7 Thousand sons
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    -- warptime

Fast attack
    5 Chaos raptors
    -- 2 meltagun

Heavy Support

Chaos Vindicator
    -- daemonic possession

Chaos defiler

Total: 1497
    Model count: 29

The model count came down to 29, not good. If I go this route maybe I should drop one or both of the tanks and get some more foot soldiers instead. Maybe a couple of obliterators.

I think I personally like more of the previos list with a nice amout of termies...
    Last edited by Falarier; November 27th, 2007 at 23:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I think this last list is pretty good. Just one thing. I'd get rid of the vindicator in favor of 2 rhinos for the thousand sons. Use the extra points to get more raptors further increasing model count. This is mostly to just keep that armour while still getting more models in there.

Also if the landraider is a dedicated transport it doesn't count towards your heavy support selection.8Y

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast