1,500 Glory to Korne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500 Glory to Korne

Comming from my first army of Tau, I'm suprising myself by actually thinking of the fluff of my army composition. Tau really does have kind of a bland history. I wanted a really killer CC force as opposed to all that shootiness, so Korne is my favorite god at the moment but I also really wanted a Slaneeshi Sorcerer, which doesnt fit in at ALL. So I'm imagining a bowed sorcerer in chains at the foot of a mighty Kornate Prince and his blood crazed warband. Just trying to justify putting a slaneeshi sorcerer HQ in a korne warband I guess.. Luckily the Daemon Prince isnt half bad.

HQ-
    Daemon Prince- 140pts
    Wings
    Mark of Korne

Chaos Sorcerer- 145pts
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Lash of Submission
    Jump Pack

Troops-
    Chaos Marines (10)- 195pts
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Lascannon
    Plasma Gun

Chaos Marines (10)- 195pts
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Lascannon
    Plasma Gun

Elite-
    Terminators (6)- 255pts
    Icon of Korne
    Chainfist
    Heavy Flamer
    Combi Plasma (5)

Fast Attack-
    Raptors (10)- 285pts
    Aspiring Champ w/PF
    Icon of Korne
    Melta Gun
    Flamer

Raptors (10)- 285pts
    Aspiring Champ w/PF
    Icon of Korne
    Melta Gun
    Flamer

Pretty solid I hope? I'll admit, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to CC. I just hope I actually get to swing that Chainfist a couple times. Also, hoping I wont be in too much trouble against the new orcs. :rofl

KROOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my

A Sorcerer of Slaneesh?
    He would be dead less than one minute into the first planning session. Might as well get the Crips and Bloods to sponser a toy drive for the Latin Kings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, first off let me say that I honestly have no clue what Koon is saying!

Secondly, lets talk about your list. So you want to be all Khorny huh? (Pun totally intended)

HQ - like the idea. as long as you run the Sorcerer with a Raptor squad you should be fine.

Troops - Stand and shoot in a Khorne army? I don't think so!

Instead, lets have some Zerkers!

2x squads of:
    10 Berserkers - 210 pts

so we need to find 30 pts from your other squads. No prob!

Just take out 1 Termi and lose a combi-plasma.

The only other suggestion I would make would be to make one Raptor squad w/ 2 Meltas, Icon of Slannesh and a Power Weapon which might free up some points. Better for tank hunting if you need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Koon's right. By any means at all, that Slaneesh Sorcerer is also a dead sorcerer. There is just no way. Perhaps if there was a more powerful Undivided Lord or Daemon Prince around to command them, but even then...
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even as a slave or a thrall huh? I know Khorne isnt known for thinking things through but I thought a Daemon prince might have enough self control to keep one as a 'pet' if he proved useful enough. After all he is former space marine and 'veteran of hundreds of campaigns'.
    KROOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a chance

Nope, it is a weak spirited thing who uses cheap magic to kill. No honor at all. Only those who engage HTH are worthy in Khornes book. Shooting is just to soften up the target before the glorious assault takes place. No think, just hack and slash. Think of Khorne like orks on some serious steroids and very pissed off.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Just in case it hasn't been explained properly (I know most of you probably know this but it seems StevenSane hasn't encountered this yet);

Khorne (and his followers) *hate* sorcery. It's too tricksy for their liking and they'd rather just bash stuff. Given they don't care who they bash, fluff-wise, your sorcerer would probably not last long amonst a bunch of skull-crazed psychos.

I haven't seen the new Chaos Codex, but in the edition before this new one, there was a bit more background information on the interactions between the gods. And there was a statement in there along the lines of "Khorne hates Sorcery in all its forms... he is most often at odds with Tzeentch, whose intricate plotting and scheming is contrary to his aims."

I know that's not a direct quote but that's the idea; Khorne hates sorcery, and extra specially hates Tzeentch, though I suppose he doesn't like sorcerers of other alignment either.

Hope this helps and doesn't offend people by pointing out something that could be considered common knowledge. But StevenSane seemed comfused...

And sorry if you're not confused, StevenSane, I'm only trying to be helpful.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Khorne's rival is Slaneesh, not Tzeench. Followers of Khorne direct their expression outwards, usually on the bodies of others, while Slaanesh expresses herself inwards with emotion and sensation. While Tzeench is the great creator and Nurgle the lord of rot and destruction.

Anyways the old codex had that whole 'ancient enemies' rule but new chaos seems much more integrated so I thought I could throw a rival HQ in there at a stretch if he was obviously NOT leader but thrall.

I'm going to go with that anyway. I think of Khorne as having a little more cunnin' than an orc on steroids. (Hard to imagine what an orc on 'roids would look like, any more muscles and they'd start to just get in the way)

EDIT: Must be a solid list tho I guess, theres more advice on fluff than actual composition. I really would rather NOT take berzerkers. They just dont seem too great to me. When 5th ed. comes out, maybe I'll slap some powerfists and mark of korne on those troops choises but thats it short of changing them to another god altogether.
    Last edited by StevenSane; November 28th, 2007 at 07:33.
    KROOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for a note, Bezerkers whilst are meant to be psychotic.... In the new dex the story next to kharn. portrays bezerkers as very murderous and yes a bit psychotic... but they do not JUST want to bash stuff, They want to kill maim and slaughter in khornes name...
    anyway i really should not be arguing this is not my thread So onto your list!

Ahem....

The Prince is fine, although the MOK is the worst make to give a prince, it is still a rampaging monstrous half human half daemon and can deal much damage and absorb much firepower.

The sorcerer ... well i hate slannesh in almost everyway, and I especially hate this new config which absolutely everyone seems to be going with. But people seem to love it so go for it if you dig it.

The marines.. well don't mix heavy and special weapons in squads. (that's what i have been told) it doesn't work. you dont get to get the best out of both worlds. either firing the lascannon at range and missing out on that plasma gun, or using the plasma gun and missing out on the lascannon.

The terminators are good although i don't like combi weapons and i also don't like plasma (I dont like a lot of things :C) But thats me! but they look like a solid choice.

And the raptors are fine, although consider dropping the PF for a pair of lightning claws. you already have a melta for taking out tanks.

Hope that helped...
    Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh basically you dont like my whole list. ;Y
    KROOT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast