1850 overhaul - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1850 overhaul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

1850 overhaul

after playing many games i have tweaked my list to include the following. still have to do some more playtesting before any tournies but this is what i got so far,

deamon prince
    winged
    warptime

x10 chaos marines
    x2 melta guns
    rino
    iocg
    asp-powerfist

x10 chaos marines
    x2 melta guns
    rino
    iocg
    asp-powerfist

x10 chaos marines
    x2 plasma guns
    iocg
    rino
    asp-powerfist

x9 thousand sons
    rino
    asp-doombolt

x6 noise marines
    x6 sonic blasters

predator
    side lascannons

predator
    side lascannons

predator
    side heavy bolters
    havoc launcher

dreadnought
    plasma cannon

model count-46
    armor-8
    1849pts

i use to use more noise marines and some terminators with plasma but i wanted to change things up a little bit and try this out. any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome.

Chaos W/D/L 48/12/18 almost retired
    Orks W/D/L 13/0/0 Still going strong
    Space Marins in the making (Salamanders)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

wow i guess my list is perfect and no one will disagree with me!
    Chaos W/D/L 48/12/18 almost retired
    Orks W/D/L 13/0/0 Still going strong
    Space Marins in the making (Salamanders)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger989 View Post
    wow i guess my list is perfect and no one will disagree with me!
    Well your list IS rather good. In my opinion you have included a lot of benchmark units that have proven their worth time and again. The bulk of your army is the quintessential 10 man squads with two special weapons and a champ in a rhino. Nothing to put a finger on here. Your predators are cheap and effective and will work well, both by drawing firepower away from your rhinos and because of their impressive firepower.

If I am gonna put my finger on something it is your daemon prince. Giving him mark of tzeentch will give him a lot more survivablity. Since you have not gone overboard on upgrades (thumbs up!) it is hard to find a place to get the points for the mark. This just means your list is lean and mean.

Dreadnought is not my favorite unit at the moment. I feel the punishment I take on an unlucky roll is too great to justify it. That being said it adds some cheap armor and a decent heavy weapon to the list. Were I to include it I would most likely also go with the plasmacannon setup. On the whole I think a defiler might fit you list a lot better, but would probably be hard to fit in.

Also, the noicemarines seem a bit out of place being the only non mounted unit. But I can see where you are going with these. They provide a lot of mid range firepower and will probably often be ignored because either the rhino squads or the predators are bigger overall threats.

Personally I hardly ever make a chaos army without a squad of raptors. At their current cost I think they are a steal. You will find armies, such as Tau and some Eldar, that have enough short range strength 6-7 firepower to stunt your rhinos while also having long range firepower to counter your predators. In this case a squad of raptors are good, both for hunting armor stuff that may be hiding behind terrain and for creeping closer while staying out of los.

Not sure they fit your playing style though, and dropping the noise marines alone will not pay for them, so I am ambivalent about them in your army since they might mean cutting some place else as well.

All in all you have made a list of squads and units that work, no question about it. And I am confident the army as a whole will also work well.

/Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I agree with arizzar on the dread. There is a good chance that he may open fire and kill your marines. I think a missile dread would suit you well as it saves a little points and as I've heard the enemy does not focus too much fire on it because it seems harmless. That is until you send a krak missile into the side of their transport.

Also the daemon Prince with icon of tzeenct is really hard so getting rid of one thousand son wouldn't be that bad of a trade off, unless its fluff your going for.

+ Reply to Thread