Quite possibly the cheesyist list ever... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

Quite possibly the cheesyist list ever...

Heavy Armour 1850 list

(5 AV14 tanks)

--HQ
    Lash prince - 155
    Lash prince - 155

--Elite
    3x Terminators - 330
    Posessed Raider

3x Terminators - 330
    Posessed Raider

--Troop
    5x csm - 75
    5x csm - 75

--Heavy
    Possessed Raider - 240
    Posessed Raider - 240
    Poessed Raider - 240

This list was floating out there in another forum. It's interesting, but not the type of thing that I would do...

Against anything except Necrons and Tau, this amazingly annoying and cheesy list would be very difficult to play against. I can't imagine that a tourey-ready 'all comers list' could do much against it.

Comments?

My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello aeroplane,

Most lists that use minimum marine squads in order to conserve points have major fall backs in other areas. Also, the princes really need flight so that they can keep up with the land raiders and assault the optimum squads.

Any all infantry marine builds of either traitor or loyalist would be a challenge for this army.
    Last edited by Rabbit; December 14th, 2007 at 15:47.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Sadly, I know a guy that fielded that army for a bit.
    I played him with my Tau army, and as you thought it gave me little trouble.
    The only thing that would beat this army is a game where you have to capture objectives.
    Since Vehicles can't (don't recall if IC's can), you would have 4 scoring units, all with very small numbers.

In a straight 'Kill 'em All' game, this would be pretty annoying.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's good is that the list has a lot of anti-tank (10 twin linked lascannons) so no threat from tri-las preds and such. Also with ten lascannons you'll be able to annihilate any units who pose a threat to the av14.

Armies which like to use meltabombs to take out tanks would do well against this list.

I wonder if you might suffer from bottlenecks? with five landraiders you're going to be blocking your LoS alot if you just line them up. If one of them gets destroyed that's going to slow down a lot of movement.
    Anyone find it funny that Cities of Death show the two worst combat armies in the game ... in combat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Since Vehicles can't (don't recall if IC's can), you would have 4 scoring units, all with very small numbers.
    Non-dedicated vehicles count as scoring units, so may capture objectives. That adds the three Heavy Support Land Raiders. Also, while you're correct that ICs may not capture objectives, Daemon Princes are not Independent Characters. They are just your standard Monstrous Creature, and may contest objectives so long as they're not on their last wound.

So, that gives the list nine scoring units. That's a pretty respectable number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necrons would get annihilated by the terminators. the lash of submission would screw the units next to the ressurection orb and lascannons would instant kill necrons to a pulp.

how many armies use meltabombs? also lascannons are perfect for taking out meqs.

also their monolith would get blown up on turn 1. imho yes tau would take this army out but i dont find tau a balanced army themselves so to say this army list is linear is an oxymoron.

Mod edit -
    Please don't double/triple post - use the edit feature. Thanks!
    Last edited by Caluin; December 16th, 2007 at 02:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who uses meltabombs? I do.

Albeit not all the time and with everyman stuffed with them but i'm prone to giving my assault squads full meltabombs. 2 squads of ten with bombs would take out some tanks quickly.

Each squad will take out one maybe two raiders each involving jumping around the terrain and with meltaguns and such. Point for point i'm making a much bigger comeback. this isn't fool proof and like i said this list is tough.

I do think it would be tougher if you maybe dropped a raider which you could use to seriously toughen up all the squads and princes.
    Anyone find it funny that Cities of Death show the two worst combat armies in the game ... in combat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

I'd have to think that the necrons would do better than you're projecting. Destroyers can hang back and blast your demons from out of range, thereby nullifying your lashes, while remaining in range of an orb. Large blocks of necrons will never die, as you just dont have the guns to deal with them before your tanks start falling apart. You only have 6 models that would actually engage the necrons in combat, and something tells me you could get shot to death before killing much, and then you're just down to the land raiders, which wouldn't last long. Or maybe, I'm wrong. There's only 1 way to test it.

Personally I'd enjoy playing against this with my orks. Nothing like 120+ models with a whole bunch of hidden S9 (or 10) charging powerklaws to tear through those tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the destroyer 36 inch range will get killed by 48 inch range lascannons. i almost never keep my destroyer near my lord they have to move around or whats the point of their mobility? and could i even fit them considering my lord is surrounded by immortals and more likely warriors too? also walking warriors would get smoked by the lascannons unless u deepstrike the monolith which will get blown up in 1 turn. u dont have to worry about dancing immortals because if they land near terminators they can be lashed near cc and powerfists are necrons worst freaking nightmare. not to mention 6 land raiders are going to take up the board and if they teleport on top of them or even the smallest twig there goes some units. heavy destroyers are prob the way to go but even then theyll lost against 5 raiders.

the reason i dont see much meltabomb use is because bikes suck. chaplain cc antiinf assault squad is better. missile launcher squads of 8 are better (with the exception of this case) so people are willing to take chances and beat a higher percentage of army lists than to take out 1 or 2 cheese builds while at the same time reducing their effectiveness.

tau would annihilate this list if they use their s10 weapons of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Hmm, I never said anything about immortals.

Anywho, those destroyers will get their WBBs since they aren't instakilled by lascannons anyways. Assuming an average of 2 squads and 8-10 destroyers focus firing a land raider or 2 a turn. Using terrain / other land raiders / wrecks to your advantage, you're looking at only a couple land raiders max shooting you each turn, half of which will WBB.

Meanwhile, how're those land raiders killing both the destroyers & the warriors? Chances are they're focus-firing one or the other. Say you do split it though 3 and 2. So your 3 land raiders probably kill 6 warriors, 3 of which WBB from the ress orb. Something tells me your lsacannons wont obliterate large chunks of warrior squads.

It'll only take a couple turns for those destroyers to build up glances on your land raiders and thus deny your army of all its firepower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast