[1750] Slaanesh dedicated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

[1750] Slaanesh dedicated

Here's a list I want you to check for me. I've played a different version of it without the Greater Daemon but I want to try to go on the monstruous side . That's why I took 3 Monstruous creature HQ choices, the new codex give us the chance to do it, so why not try it and make everybody cry Chaos cheese again?

HQ

Greater Daemon (100 pts)

Daemon Prince; Wings; Mark of Slaanesh (135 pts)

Daemon Prince; Wings; Mark of Slaanesh (135 pts)

Elite

4 Chaos Terminator; 3 Combi-Melta & Power Weapon; 1 Heavy-Flamer & Power Fist (150 pts)

Fast Attack

8 Chaos Raptors w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion w/ Power Fist; Icon of Slaanesh (240 pts)

Troops

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion w/ Power Fist; Personal Icon; Rhino (250 pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion w/ Power Fist; Personal Icon; Rhino (250 pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion; Personal Icon; Rhino (225 pts)

Heavy Support

Predator; Autocannon turret; Lascannon sponsons (130 pts)

Predator; Lascannon turret; Heavy-Bolter sponsons (135 pts)

Total = 1750 pts, 42 Chaos Marines, 3 Monstruous Creatures, 5 Tanks.

Tell me what you think of it, is 3 HQ too cheesy? Should I tweak it to include 2 Lash of Submission?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

What? You have taken 2 MoS princes and no lash of submission?

Rep to you as they certainly would cry cheese. Actually Lash is so powerful as to be almost mandatory until they nerf it in a FAQ so go for it while it lasts.

Like the Terminators.

Raptor champion would be better with lightening claws to take advantage of I5 attacks.

Troops don't really need the personal Icons as there is only one deep striking unit and no lesser daemons. Perhapse keep one for flexibility.

I don't like the second predator. Either make it the same as the first or give it AC, 2HB and havoc launcher.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

I already responded to your army in your earlier thread, but just to reiterate, it's a very good build. Mad Cat is right about the personal icons. You should take warp time or at least consider it over the lash for the reasons I stated in the other thread. Lightning claws on the raptor champion is an excellent suggestion, as Mad Cat stated.

Oh, and the infantry killing predator needs a havoc launcher. This really brings home the swarm kills. Don't forget that a predator configured in this way makes for a very effective lightly armored tank hunter.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Thanks to your advice I think I might just have made one of my favorite list of all time.

So here it goes with Warp Time for the Daemon Prince like Rabbit proposed (I used it before and yeah it's a killer) but I will remove it every time I play against Eldars... this power of their that make me roll my psychic test on 3 dice have been killing me (now that's powerful). The Lash of Submission is good but Warptime is better.

I also changed my Predator configuration to reflect Mad Cat suggestion, that way I have an infantry / light tank killer and a tank buster / tough unit killer.

I had to drop 2 Chaos Raptors to make it all fit, but hey they are now 6 which is the sacred number of Slaanesh so it's all good... cheese with a theme is always better than cheese alone .

HQ

Greater Daemon (100 pts)

Daemon Prince; Wings; Mark of Slaanesh; Warp Time (160 pts)

Daemon Prince; Wings; Mark of Slaanesh; Warp Time (160 pts)

Elite

4 Chaos Terminator; 3 Combi-Melta & Power Weapon; 1 Heavy-Flamer & Power Fist (150 pts)

Fast Attack

6 Chaos Raptors w/ 1 Meltagun; Champion w/ Power Fist; Icon of Slaanesh (190 pts)

Troops

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion w/ Power Fist; Rhino (245 pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion w/ Power Fist; Rhino (245 pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Meltaguns; Champion; Rhino (220 pts)

Heavy Support

Predator; Autocannon turret; Heavy-Bolter sponsons; Havoc Launcher (115 pts)

Predator; Lascannon turret; Lascannon sponsons (165 pts)

Total = 1750 pts, 40 Chaos Marines, 3 uber boosted Monstruous Creatures, 5 Tanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Something else I just saw (two things actually):

1- In the future, you should consider upgrading your marine squads with the Glory Icon. It's just plain cheap and saves them in troubled times, heh.

2- The last marine squad should have a power fist on the champion. Power weapons are the entire reason for taking champions in the first place, as it provides the bulk of the squad's c.c. strength. This should be one of your top priorities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Yes Chaos Glory Icons are quite potent and relatively cheap but I prefer to have more Chaos Marines on this list and 3 Chaos Glory Icons would take 2 Chaos Marines out of it... I'll see to it in the future.

The reason the last Champion doesn't have a Power Weapon or a Power Fist is because I want him to be the vessel for the Greater Daemon. I would hate to see a Power Fist Champion wasted when I summon the Greater Daemon. That unit is the Greater Daemon "retinue", I must speed with it as fast as I can and drop the Greater Daemon into my opponent line or just put him against the toughest unit he can throw at me.

In fact I always count the Greater Daemon to really cost 130 pts because it cost me a Chaos Space Marine Champion in the process of putting him on the table.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Makes sense with the greater daemon. Just bear in mind that (as you undoubtedly know) the greater daemon may be summoned through any of your champions or princes. ;Y

+ Reply to Thread