My 1k Slaanesh/Tzeentch List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1k Slaanesh/Tzeentch List

Hey Guys First Post

Well finally got round to making a new list for the new codex.
    Itl be a Mostly Slaanesh list with alil Tzeentch focusing on the perfection of body and mind rather than the usuall sex element of the fluff.

List is mainly going to be used against my flatmates grayknight/witchhunters list
    Dont know exactly what he'll be feilding definalty some lord with a psycannon there will be some force weapons some repentia, flamers maybe a landraider or exosist.

After him the other armys would be SM Nids and Necrons.

List is as follows;

HQ
    ------
    Lord
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Mount of Slaanesh
    Daemon Weapon
    Personal Icon

Troop
    ------
    5 Noise marines 3 Sonic Blaster, Personal Icon
    1 Noise Champion Power Weapon, Doom Siren
    Rhino Extra Armour

5 Thousand Sons
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer DoomBolt
    Rhino Extra Armour

Fast
    ------
    4 Raptors Icon of Slaanesh, 2 Flamers
    1 Raptor Champion Pair of Lightning Claws

Heavy
    ------
    5 Havocs 3 Missle Launcher
    Rhino Extra Armour

Comes to 995pts

May trade raptors flamers for meltas
    Got a Pred with Las sponsons and some bikes lieing round.

Due to theme im not interested in takeing DP or Oblits

What do you guys think? Would love to hear your oppinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I prefer daemon princes but this chap is fast and deadly. What is his personal Icon for? You have no daemons or terminators to teleport and it doesn't affect deepstriking with wings or jetpacks. I think you have rather a lot of points in this HQ as a proportion of your total. Maybe a simple daemon prince with wings and a mark would serve you better.

Noise marines: These should either be close combat or long range fire support. If you have the lovely doom siren and a rhino then you have selected close combat so why take the sonic blasters? You should be in the rhino at long range and when you get out within 12" then a bolter is just as good.
    The other option for noise marines is fire support which are kitted out with sonic blasters and a blast master and no rhino or champion. Turn 1 move to 22" range (in cover perferably) and fire assualt 2 sonic blasters and an assault 2 blastmaster. On subsequent turns you can do the same or sit still and fire a S8 blast marker and lots of Heavy 3 sonic blasters.

Thousand sons: Nice but I would prefer to see a few more in the squad. With only 9 bolt shots you can't shred a squad of grey knights in one go even with the AP3. You then get locked in combat on the opponents turn and those inferno bolters are used as clubs for a few rounds of combat.

Raptors: get 2 meltaguns as your opponent could deploy his tanks out of LOS from the havocs. Drop the icon if you are short of points but it is a nice to have.

Havocs: Why the rhino? getting in and out of taxis with heavy weapons is a sure way to kill time but it is only a six turn game. Obliterators may be more fun in units of 1 with the option to move and fire (well move slowly and fire) or even deepstrike to that personal icon I just told you to get rid of (oops).
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Thanks for the reply.

I know the point cost of the lord is a bit high but he seems like hed be quite dangerous and wouldnt change much as the point limit grows.

Didnt think that the personal icons dont affect the raptors so definaly think its a good idea to chuck those sonic blasters and hovoc rhino for the meltas and more Thousand Sons.

Any adivice of what to add or change for uping to 1500 for a 3way against Necrons and those Grey Knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Scythus - a very warm welcome to LO.

We hope you enjoy your stay, if you haven't already done so, please make sure to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines and the like (found in my signature). Not that there's anything wrong with your post. There isn't at all

If you have any questions or queries, please don't hesitate to contact one of the staff here.

Right, on to the list:

List is mainly going to be used against my flatmates grayknight/witchhunters list
    Dont know exactly what he'll be feilding definalty some lord with a psycannon there will be some force weapons some repentia, flamers maybe a landraider or exosist.
    honestly, I'd advise you to get or read his codex. Also, go to the GK section of the forum and see how 1K lists look etc. Just so you know what to expect.

There is great merit in knowing your foe. You know how to counter units, you know what will work, and what doesn't work. This is true of all races, but especially Necrons and Tyranids, who have many special rules.

HQ
    ------
    Lord
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Mount of Slaanesh
    Daemon Weapon
    Personal Icon
    As suggested earlier, I also feel this chap is a bit too expensive for the game size. In 1500 it'd be absolutely fine.. but the rest of your list really doesn't have many bodies.. and you may well find yourself out numbered by grey knights.. which is a sad state to be in.
    There are cheaper versions of this chap about too. Consider a sorcerer with wings and lash, or an undivided lord with a daemon weapon etc.

Also - you have no deep striking elements in your army which can use the personal icon. So it is a waste of points. I'd suggest removing it for a combi melta gun, or melta bombs.

Troop
    ------
    5 Noise marines 3 Sonic Blaster, Personal Icon
    1 Noise Champion Power Weapon, Doom Siren
    Rhino Extra Armour
    Madcat is right in his assessment of this squad being a mix of range and CC.. however, you don't really have much choice. I actually think that sonic blasters are great for CC squads simply because of their incredible assault mode. It's like having an extra row of marines firing before CC, and with ultragrit, we still don't lost the extra attack bonus.

5 Thousand Sons
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer DoomBolt
    Rhino Extra Armour
    Excellent.

Fast
    ------
    4 Raptors Icon of Slaanesh, 2 Flamers
    1 Raptor Champion Pair of Lightning Claws
    Twin flamers is a great choice in my opinion. Two templates on any infantry squad will really hurt it, unless it's in terminator armour. It's always worth having a wing of raptors about - be it for CC rescue, or late game objective nabbing.

Heavy
    ------
    5 Havocs 3 Missle Launcher
    Rhino Extra Armour
    I actually think that in your case the rhino kind of works. Sure, you'll lose one turn of shooting (at least), however, it could really work in your favour to get the fire power where it's needed.
    That said, there is always the option of bumping the squad up to 6 man (even numbers are always better) and giving them 4 missile launchers.

Comes to 995pts
    Wherever possible, it's best never to waste points.
    Of course, we don't have as much flexibility as previously etc etc, however, there's no point throwing away points when we can use them. So, I'd suggest sticking melta bomb charges on one of the aspiring champions or what not.

Good luck.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread