2150 Red Corsairs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

2150 Red Corsairs

The local gaming club that I play with is having its yearly GT. I have never been to a tournament so I do not really understand what "comp" means. I have figured out that it has to do with the fairness of the list . So would some people be able to tell me how this list would do in said tournament, from a comp and gameplay standpoint

2150 Red Corsairs

Huron Blackheart

Sorcerer, MoT, Wartime, Bolt of Change

8 Chosen CSM, Aspiring Champion W/ pair of lightning claws, MoS 1x melta gun, 3x Power weapons.

10X CSM, Aspiring Champion w/ PW. MoCG, Melta, Flamer, Rhino With Combi Melta

10X CSM, Aspiring Champion w/ PF, MoN, Melta, Flamer, Rhino W/ Combi Melta

10X Khorne Berserkers, Skull Champion W/ PF & Melta Bombs, Rhino W/ Combi Melta

Fast Attack:

6X Bikers, Bike Champion W/ PF, MoN, 2x Melta

Heavy Support:

Predator, AC, HB, Havoc Launcher Extra Armor

Land Raider, Daemonic Possession, Havoc Launcher, Dirge Caster

Thousand Bows (SM)
    Tau 3-1
    Tyranids 1-0
    Eldar 0-1

SW 0-1

GK 1-0

2. Remove Advertisements

Science Lab
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

21 (x1)

I'll try to lend a helping hand if I can.

Comp usually refers to the distribution of points in your list. For a tournament, this is generally set by arbitrary percentages for each section of your army. In general the breakdown is:

Troops - 30-35%
    Elite - 20-25%
    Heavy - 20-25%
    Fast Attack - 20-25%
    HQ - 10-15%

I realize that this adds up to more than 100%, but most of the time the restrictions are most stringent at the troops and heavy selections. Your army as it is would do just fine for comp points as ~750 pts is invested in troops, which is almost 33%. Additionally, you spend very little on Elites and Fast Attack. Also, the fact that you are using all the different unit types is good.

That being said, I can identify a few points of improvement for your list.

First, the Sorcerer. Change this to a Daemon Prince w/ Wings, Warptime, Doombolt and the MoTzeentch. Much better survivability and CC ability.

Second, the Chosen. Obviously a CC squad, but not as focused on CC as possible. i would do no Champ, IoS, 2 Lightning Claws, 2 Power Weapons, and a Flamer in 8 men. More focused on CC.

Next the Troops. I like the overall organization but the composition I don't like. I would focus them on a certain task and strip down the Rhinos. At 2150 pts, the Rhinos will get blown apart quickly. Also, for survivability go with Plague Marines over anything else. Here's what I would do:

10x Plague Marines, Champ w/ Fist and Plasma Pistol, 2 Meltas, Rhino - about 340 pts I think.

10x Plague Marines, Champ w/ Fist and Plasma Pistol, 2 Plasmas, Rhino - about 350 pts I think.

10x Berserkers, Champ w/ Fist, Rhino

Will give you excellent firepower and survivability and CC accumen.

Bikers - exactly what i run. You will love these guys I'm sure.

Predator - ditto. Great all around unit

Land Raider - Drop everthing but Possession and you're good to go.

All these changes should be about the same points cost in the end. It will help beef up your troops and streamline them for a more specific role. As I said, I don't see the Rhinos living long enough to make use of their upgrades, so I would drop them. The Chosen will be good CC units and with the changes be more focused as well.

If the Chosen don't end up working as you want, I would suggest a 5 Man Termi squad. Armed w/ 4 Combi-plasmas, a Chainfist and Heavy Flamer. 190 pts for a more versitile squad.

Another thing I just thought of is running the Chosen in the Raider. You probably already thought of this, but they would do great assaulting out of it.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit and good luck in the GT.

+ Reply to Thread