Slaanesh 1750 tournement - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh 1750 tournement

I'm about to play in my first ever tourney (wysiwyg). Some of my friends have some very powerful (i refrain from using the word cheese. if you don't like what's in your codex and call an opponent cheesey change your army) armies so i've put this together to try and be competitive. Only restriction is minimum 500pts troops

Daemon Prince with M.O.S, wings and lash of submission x2 310pts

3 squads of six noise marines all with sonic blasters 450pts

6x havocs 4 with Missile Launcher and icon of chaos glory 180pts

8x havocs 4 with Lascannons and icon of chaos glory 270pts

3x obliterators 225pts

Now have 335pts of which i'm a little unsure of.
    Greater Daemon 100pts
    Dreadnought with ML 100pts
    4x champions (3x noise marine, 1 for lascannons) 60pts
    rhino for lascannons 35pts
    20 spare? maybe one more marine for havocs

or swap the greater daemon for another dreadnought which gives me another 60 pts. another rhino and csm possibly.

Tactics - Daemon Princes stick together and kill dev/havocs/broadsides/etc. Basically big guns.
    Noise marines are anti horde.
    Lascannons anti tank/daemon prince/nightbringer/etc
    ML havocs and obliterators can either tank hunt or anti horde
    Greater Daemon can pop up where needed if units get assualted (deepstrikin termies)
    Dreadnought deploys next to obliterators. If he fire frenzies he only shoots 4 str 4 shots and oblits get 2+ save. Shouldn' hurt too bad.
    Rhino is kept empty as a shield and can transport late in game if still alive and required for objectives

Any feedback is much aprreciated. Need to register list by Friday 9th
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello again,

It's not a bad build. For starters, you're going to have trouble against static tau and swarmy I.G.. You can't beat them at their own game, which is attrition by range. Just something to consider.

Princes: Look good. however, remember that without any vehicles on the table, the princes become the sole target for enemy tank busters. I would suggest switching to sorcerers of the exact same configuration. They'll easily fly amongst your squads, hiding and pushing things backwards.

Sonic Marines: I've had tremendous success with 5 man squads with a blastmaster. The added tank busting is such an underrated mechanic of these units. It has literally won me games, and many times over. By dropping 1 marine, you can effectively add the blastmaster for only 10 points over the current squad costs. I'd do this to every one of your Sonic squads. Even if you elect to keep them as they are, I strongly recommend that you try this configuration out. I can't say enough good things about it. ;Y

Havocs: General Rule of Thumb- have at least one additional wound per heavy weapon. Second thing, lascanons, honestly speaking, are just too darn expensive for inclusion in these squads. The best way for chaos to have lascanons is either on predator sponsons or obliterators. Consider this: For the cost of your 2 havoc squad, you can get the following-

6x havocs
    *3x missile launchers

6x havocs
    *3x missile launchers

6x havocs
    *3x missile launchers

Having three smaller squad will yield you more flexibility with killing enemy tanks. Additionally, your build as ample other high priority targets that should take some of the heat of these pups.

Remaining points: Don't purchase any vehicles, if you plan on getting rid of the princes (for the same reasons I stated in my prince comments). You might consider taking some chosen. They can help with the incoming c.c., as well as give you tactical placement superiority. Something like this:

8x chosen with IoK
    *2x melta (or plasma)
    *1x a.c with power fist

High number of attacks, tank busting power, swarm busting power, can handle receiving the charge if needs be, due to the extra attacks conferred by the IoK.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*I was too long to post so Rabbit already covered some of my points but I'll leave it up anyways*

You might want to think about some personal icons so you can deep strike your oblits should you so choose. Also if you want to include a greater demon don't forget you'll need some champions. Most times its a good idea to have 1 redshirt per heavy in a Havoc squad, so adding two more marines to the 6man would be a good idea too. Blastmasters are good too.

I only skimmed it as I'm on my way to bed, I'll take a closer look tomorrow. (altho I'm still a chaos newb)
    Last edited by vikingboy6956; February 6th, 2008 at 07:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Rabbit. All sound advice. Only problem is most of my army is already built wysiwyg. Kind of needed advice on those last 315 pts.
    Daemon Princes shouldn't get shot. Should always be in combat. Start behind cover and then lash away.
    Daemon Prince are a scoring unit as well and can handle a unit on their own but a sorcerer needs a unit. Basically twice the price overall. These guys have won many games for me
    Noise marines shouldn't need anti tank. Have enough with my heavies. Princes can help if rqd. Blastmaster is very expensive. Even more than the lascannon.Will try it but don't have the time to test and build them
    Lascannon havoc's are very expensive but put them in cover and they usually always last the entire game. 4 lascannons for a whole game is pretty dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure (haven't played since just after the release of the new 'dex) but I don't think that HQs (your DPrinces) are scoring units in the sense that they can capture objectives...

Also, regarding your last 3hundred something points, I would go with however you can pad some squads or add mobility. Also consider what happens when your Demon Princes destroy a squad on the charge ;o and get left out in the open... You might want another Dreadnought to back them up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PhEEP View Post
    Not sure (haven't played since just after the release of the new 'dex) but I don't think that HQs (your DPrinces) are scoring units in the sense that they can capture objectives...

Also, regarding your last 3hundred something points, I would go with however you can pad some squads or add mobility. Also consider what happens when your Demon Princes destroy a squad on the charge ;o and get left out in the open... You might want another Dreadnought to back them up.
    Princes are considered scoring units, as are all monstrous creatures that are not independent characters.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread