CoD Campaign, starting 500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CoD Campaign, starting 500pts

Ok. the local will be starting a Cities of death escalation league starting at 500 pts and so i decided to start (very quickly!) my Dark Angels undivided Fallen. Ive had no experience of using MEQ's in CoD, just Tau, which is a fair bit different, so I don't really know what's appropriate or not, but...

The things i have to keep in mind are that there is a fairly high atrition rate (1 in 3 dead guys stay that way!), I will be getting roughly 100 pts each round to add to the army, Sorcerers help in keeping guys alive during the campaign (so I'm taking 1), no Force Org. to begin with and that I have to stay undivided!

Sorcerer with Wings and Wind o' Chaos 150
    (thinking about warptime instead)

10 Marines, 2 flamers and a champion with a fist 200
    unsure which special weapon

5 Raptors, 2 flamers and champion with 2 Lightning Claws 150
    or a fist?

the sorcerer hangs with the raptors mostly, then jumps out and deal with a unit by himself by winding then charging. the marines are rather generic and I'm not really sure what to do with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

A couple of things: First, it's a fairly good base list. The flamers help compensate for the lack of basic bolter fire. I'm assuming you won't be seeing many tanks (snickers). Also the champion in the raptor squad *could* be switched to a fist, which is statistically better against MEQs.

Sorcerer: Swap for a Slaaneshi sorcerer with lash of submission. Yes, everyone takes it, but it's very effective at keeping your guys in or out of c.c. (whichever you prefer). Also, it puts the raptors in c.c. a solid round earlier. I generally pull off a first turn charge with my sorcerer and his raptor squad.

Special weapons: In general, most players (myself included) use either melta guns or plasma guns. Melta for the tank busting; plasma for all-purpose special weapons. In low point games, it's difficult to justify the plasma gun, so I'd recommend the meltas. Of course, given your general low amount of basic bolter fire, the flamers help provide additional cushion against the swarm. If you feel the need for a solid high strength weapon, then by all means, swap them for melta guns. To let you know, 80% of all chaos marine units are equipped with meltas, because they're a solid tank-busting assault weapon.

Options: Drop the raptors and reduce the chaos marine squad down to 8. I haven't done the math, but this should yield you with sufficient points to take another 8 man marine squad. In order to compensate for the loss of the second special weapon (i.e., you need 10 marines in order to have 2 specials), you can upgrade the a.c. with a combi-weapon of some sort or another. Once you consider that most special weapons are only fired once, maybe twice a game, the combi-specials aren't nearly as bad as some people maintain.

At any rate, best of luck!
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing the maths, a fist on the raptor is a better choice. so i'll go that way. I really don't want to go slaaneshi as it's an army of the fallen (original topic) that this is for. I've already dropped the spawn, and i have now relised the flamers on the marines are quite useless, so I might trade them (plus a body or two) for some heavier weaponry.

I'm not too worried the relatively small number of guys. The only MEQ's are a dark angels force of 2 x 10 marines and captain, and the rest are guard / eldar / tau and one Dark Eldar. and i'm thinking that i can just keep the marines shootier (Missile Launcher) in defensive strategemised buildings and keep fast guys more of counter / bait and switch types.

+ Reply to Thread