[2000] Heralds of Hades (all infantry) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

[2000] Heralds of Hades (all infantry)

I've just about finalized my chaos list, 2000pts, infantry only for the time being.

Haven't really started on the fluff much yet, they are called the Heralds of Hades (for those that don't know Hades was the Greek God of death) these marines are his personal servants, living to bring as many to the underworld as possible. As such, they seem to be blessed by his powers and have remarkable resilience) Of all the heralds, the most feared are the chosen of hades, they are said to possess the helm of hades, granting near invisibility (in game terms this means infiltrate) (in ancient mythology the helm of hades granted invisibility to the wearer)

Anyways, thats the basic idea of the army.. kind of an undead theme, again thats only the basic concepts of the fluff.

Ok, without further adou here's the list.

HQ
    Daemon Prince
    -Wings
    -Mark of Nurgle
    -Gift of Chaos
    180pts

I know Warp time is probably better but I love the idea of turning models into spawn! Which also happen to fit the idea of the cerberus, the 3 headed guard dog of hades

ELITES
    10 x Chosen
    -4 Plasma Guns
    -Icon of Nurgle
    -Aspiring Champion
    -Power Fist
    325pts

Pretty basic setup, lots of dakka with a little cc abilities since they usually are close to enemy lines

5 x Terminators
    -4 Combi Plasma
    -Heavy Flamer
    -Icon Of Nurgle
    215pts

I wanted a chainfist in there for AT but didn't have enough points, oh well

TROOPS
    10 x Chaos Space Marines
    -Icon of Nurgle
    -2 Meltaguns
    -Aspiring Champion
    -Power Fist
    260pts

10 x Chaos Space Marines
    -Icon of Nurgle
    -2 Meltaguns
    -Aspiring Champion
    -Power Fist
    260pts

Went with meltas since these guys have to slog all the way up the field

FAST ATTACK
    8 x Raptors
    -2 Meltaguns
    -Icon of Chaos Glory
    -Aspiring Champion
    -Lightning Claws
    230pts

Considering swapping one melta for a flamer, we'll see though. Went with a normal icon to save points and raptors with mark of nurgle.. can you say cheese!

HEAVY SUPPORT
    8 x Havocs
    -4 Autocannons
    200pts

Love the models and have them already, plus everybody uses missile launchers

3 x Obliterators
    (2 Different Heavy Support Slots)
    225pts

They got toned down in the new edition but they've always been my favorite chaos unit

DAEMONS
    8 x Lesser Daemons
    (Furies)
    104pts

Cheap close combat unit, that can be brought in at just about any part of the battlefield depending on where they're needed.

ARMY TOTAL = 1999pts
    MODEL COUNT = 63

Well there's the list, all comments on the list, fluff, or anything else gladly appreciated, thanks!

:drinking:

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you're going for a 'fluffy' list, yet it's pretty solid too. ;Y

You might want to rethink icon of nurgle on the chosen for one that'll be more....useful. This is because half of them are gonna pop themselves from the plasma anyway.

Plague marines are worth it over marines with icon of nurgle in the configuration you have, but I understand if it's for fluff reasons.

Aww, there's nothing wrong with nurgle raptors.
    HDZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

You Too

You seemed to have had a similar idea to me. Your list is very solid and very fluffy just how it should be.

But I may need to make some suggestions for changes.

1. Plasmaguns for the marine squads unless you them in a rhino they'll be no use for most of the game and replace the termies combi-plasmas with meltas and ditch the flamer for a chainfist giving you a nasty deep striking anti tank unit.

2. Replace the lesser deamons with a greater one, for 100pts they dirt cheep and you can model a hades looking model to represent it I've got a grim reaper like character for mine using Inquisitor models.

3. Try and free up points for more mobilty some converted grim looking rhinos or some more raptors to tie up enemy shooters.

I may have to copy and trim this list down to 1500pts because I've got an army of undead marines but rather than use Nurgle rules I'd rather keep it swarmy so your list is just what I was thinking of for an army that uses undead servants. Have a look at some of my Darkmakers: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ew-please.html

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Thanks for the feedback so far, good point on the chosen, they'll probably be in cover too so i might change them up a little bit.. and yes, this is more of a fluff list than a competitive one.

@Inquisitor Proiteus -Cool to see another person going for the undead theme, looks like a lot of your ideas are similar to mine. For the time being im sold on combi plasmas for the terminators, simply due to the fact that S7 is often plenty to tackle armour, and 2+ save offers great protection against overheating.

The basic marines are sticking to meltas simply for fluff purposes, since plasma weaponry is usppossed to be somewhat rare I want to have a decent balance between plasma and melta.

Swapping the daemons is a great idea, but for now all I have is lesser daemons. Also there isn't any suitable model I like for a greater daemon, so the greater daemon is on the conversion list.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread