Emperor's Children 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Emperor's Children 1500pts

I have taken this list a few times now and it has surprised me by being undefeated in the last 17 outings. When I made the list I didn't really think it too nasty but lately a few people have been complaining that it is too tough. I don't see it, so I thought I'd put it up for review by the experts.

Here it is

HQ

Sorcerer of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Jump Pack

Elite

Dready, Plasma Cannon

Troop

6 Noise marines, Blastmaster, Champion, Powerweapon, Doom Siren
    Rhino, Havoc Launcher

6 Noise marines, Blastmaster, Champion, Powerweapon, Doom Siren
    Rhino, Havoc Launcher

6 Noise marines, 5 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster

Fast Attack

3 Bikers, 2 Flamers

6 Raptors, 2 Flamers, Champion, Powerweapon, Melta Bombs

Heavy Support

Predator, TL Laz, Heavy Bolters sponsons

Predator, TL Laz, Laz sponsons

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Skar

Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man you havnt got nearly enough bodies. You've got too many expensive weapons and noise marines dont make the best assault troops imo. You got to figgure out a way to cut some points and add marines. Take the blastmasters and havoc launchers off your mobile units for instance. Bikers with flamers seem like kind of a waste, you'll have to kill a TON of guys with those templates to make up the cost. Also consider not spending the extra points for TL LasCannons. Not worth it I think.
    KROOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm interesting...you say you have won the last 17 games?
    Maybe the best lists are those that no one can predict?

I was quite surprised how you have organised your troops and fast attack. To be honest I didn't even know that bikes could take flamers.

And the predators...I thought nobody fielded those choices now days

Tell me, how do you use this army? What are your tactics with the units and what are the general battleplan?

Obviously you are winning, and winning massivly. And it is good to hear. Previous codex, my Emperors children almost always lost against IG. How are your faring against IG with the low numbers of shooty marines?

Looking forward to hearing your tactics, and maybe a battle report?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22490&dateline=1196197326[/SIGPIC]

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

Congrats on wins. As above poster said that list would not last 1 second in a votewar here where the cheese flows but it seems like a fun army to play for fluff
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I took flamers on the fast attack units to compensate for my lack of numbers, they have been very solid performers as they help me against horde armies.

My general plan is that the rhino squads stay mounted and provide cover for the predators. The foot squad of NM's startes in cover, unless I can outrange my opponent and then moves forward on the first turn.

The preds tend to stay put, they draw a fair bit of firepower.

I have found the blastmasters to be absolute gold, the two setting makes it very versatile. I can pin units with it and it's really good against marines. The surprise for me has been the Doom Siren on the champs. AP3!!

I can't put my finger on any one thing that has really won it for me, I see it as a fairly soft list.

I suppose my major strategy is to fight the battles I have to, as you guys have said, it is a small army. So I use my speed on first turn to isolate enemy units. Everything can move and shoot. I have also found the Havoc launchers to pay dividends against guard as the rhino automatically passes target priority checks and that blast template can make a mess of heavy weapon teams.

You're 100% right Process, I wouldn't vote for this list in a votewar; but here we are?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so very interesting ^^

How do the Dread fair? And do you often get to use the Doomsirens?
    And if I'm getting this correct, you use the rhinos as little Predators?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22490&dateline=1196197326[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

The dready is a bit hit and miss, I tend to have in one one flank by himself.

I hadn't thought about the predator annalogy for the rhino's but it is quite apt. I guess my force is a countercharge one.

The Doom Sirens get a workout. I love firing it from the rhino when a jump pack squad gets a little to close.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see how this list can out perform most marine lists. What is your primary oponent?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

It varies a lot, my last 3 games have been Orcs, Necrons and Eldar.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

Well I have found my Achillies heel.

Played 3 games yesterday and in the first two wiped out my opponents to a man. The first player was an Ultramarine with footsloggers and a couple of dreadies and a squad of termies. The second was Greyknights with a LRC and some termies.

The 3rd game was against a Dark Angel Deathwing list. He had 3 squads of termies, a vindicator, two predators, a dready and a speeder. The army was lead by Belial. He deepstruck behind my lines first turn (pretty gutsy actually as if he had scattered more than 2" his squad would have died, as it was he got hit's and they made my life hell.).

I just couldn't get through the termie armour. My dready kept doing the wrong things and killing it's own men instead of laying into the termies. I got rolled very convincingly.

I plan on removing the Dready and a few other things to make way for a Vindicator. I really needed something more reliable against all those termies.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

+ Reply to Thread