Black Legion 1000 points, all comers list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Legion 1000 points, all comers list.

Hiya.

Recently, a pair of my friends have rekindled their interest for Warhammer 40k after a lengthy period of absence and as such, we decided to start it out nice and easy with a pair of games at the 1000 points level. One of them will play Imperial Guard while the other one is a bit undecided, although he has his eyes on the nearly-upon-us Daemon Codex.

So without further ado, this is a quick little list that I concocted up with an "all comers" build in mind.

HQ

Daemon Prince
    -wings
    -mark of Slaanesh
    -lash of submission
    155 points.

TROOPS

10 Chaos Space Marines
    -aspiring champion with power fist
    -2 flamers
    -rhino transport
    245 points.

8 Plague Marines
    -2 meltaguns
    -rhino transport
    279 points.

FAST ATTACK

(15) Kroot Hound Pack (Cultists)
    -10 carnivores with hyperactive nymune organ adaptation (fleet of foot)
    -1 carnivore upgraded to a shaper with an eviscerator (chain fist)
    -5 kroot hounds
    176 points.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Chaos Predator
    -turret mounted twin-linked lascannon
    -sponson mounted heavy bolters
    135 points.

Army points total 990/1000 points.

Any ideas on how I could spend those last 10 points?
    Also, I appologize if the Kroots are a weird choice and perhaps not all too many have experiances with them but they do add some awe-shum potential to Chaos armies.

The entire pack fleets and infiltrates, dishing out several S4 hits each even when not assaulting. And at the fore front of the pack, there's a chain fist equivalent!

So, how does it look? I figure that I am a bit lacking in ranged anti-tank (as always) but there's not much to be done about it at this points level, really.

Thanks for your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing the predator to autocannon turret lascannon sponsons will make it cheaper, and increase your overall tank-killing potential (at the cost of mobility).

Consider extra armour for the rhinos.

Also consider blood of the stalker and a surefoot charm for the kroot hound pack, as that can get you first turn charge, which will allow you to tie up part of their army. Although you might not get first turn, and your squad is really small, so whether that's worth it is your call.
    HDZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Nice Kroot Mercenaries. Don't know much about them, so I can't offer any advice.

Your CSM squad in the rhino should be 235, I believe. Unless they have an IoCG not listed or something.

That leaves you with 20 more points.

With those points, I'd upgrade the CSMs to Meltaguns and the Plaguemarines to Plasmaguns.

The Kroot and your Predator should take care of hordes, you can use the meltas for close-range tank hunting and the plasmas for anti-MEQs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you both for your quick replies.

Indeed Grimmtu, I had forgotten to write out the icon of chaos glory carried by the Marines... but your suggestion sure is a tempting prospect!

As is your advice for the Predator, H3ytony.

Now, that would mean the loss of the heavy bolters on the Predator sponsons but I think I should be able to handle moderate hordes without them. The notion of not having even a single flamer around is a bit worrying though. Perhaps I should try and fit a combi-flamer on an aspiring champion somewhere? That would bring me to 1005 points, unfortunately. Would you see any easy 5 points to drop anywhere?

Again, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, I wisely spent todays school hours by thinking a bit about some random army compositions and I got an idea for quite an (atleast in my own humble opinion) evil list at 1000 points.

Instead of making an entire new thread to get input on it, I decided to post it in this one along with the original list. Feel free to leave your comments on either list as you feel fitting!

HQ

Daemon Prince
    -wings
    -mark of Slaanesh
    -lash of submission
    155 points.

TROOPS

8 Noise Marines
    -8 sonic blasters
    200 points.

8 Plague Marines
    -2 meltaguns
    244 points.

FAST ATTACK

(15) Kroot Hound Pack (Cultists)
    -10 carnivores with hyperactive nymune organ adaptation (fleet of foot)
    -1 carnivore upgraded to a shaper with an eviscerator (chain fist)
    -5 kroot hounds
    176 points.
    HEAVY SUPPORT

3 Obliterators, split into 3 squads of 1
    225 points.

Army total 1000/1000 points.

All right, there it is. 3 Obliterators in 1000 points is a first for me and I have to say that the mere sight of it on paper is tingling. The focus of this force is footslogging, with the Plague Marines taking the front along with the Cultists, supporting each other in both shooting and assault.

The Noise Marines are an anti-horde unit if there ever was one. They also help tie the Daemon Prince into the army a little bit better, now it can be so that the Plague Marines are allied to a Slaaneshi division instead of having a lonely Slaaneshi Daemon Prince leading a bunch of nothing but Plague Marines (as I had originally intended).

Okay, I appreciate any input that you may have.

+ Reply to Thread