1500pts GT Necromantic Chaos Army using Nurgle and Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1500pts GT Necromantic Chaos Army using Nurgle and Tzeentch

1500pts The Darkmakers

For over a year now Iíve planned on doing an undead army for 40k using the Nurgle rules originally to have ĎNurgleís Rotí count for them sucking the life out of everything close by. But after hearing about the new even more zombie like Ďfeel no painí rule in the more recent edition, Iíve decided to return to the idea so have a look at this list and tell me what you think?

HQ
    165 - Deamon Prince: Wings, Mark of Nurgle and Nurgleís Rot

165 - Deamon Prince: Wings, Mark of Nurgle and Nurgleís Rot
    (These guys purpose is to one: scare my opponent and seek out stuff my troops are unable to handle themselves that and they draw fire away from the Rhinos, Iím still thinking about conversions)

TROOPS
    295 - Darkmaker Raban: Champion with Powerfist, 9 Undead (Death Guard) Marines 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Melta Gun 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
    50 - Rabanís Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.

295 - Darkmaker Zaceria: Champion with Powerfist, 9 Undead (Death Guard) Marines 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Melta Gun 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
    50 - Zaceriaís Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
    (These guys drive forward as much as possible using available cover and my deamon princes as a distraction before opening up on the enemy they have two different weapons because I needed to free up points for my defiler, they are basically Undead Ultramarines and most of you will agree that feel no pain suits them)

277 - Darkmaker Truíkai: Champion Sorcerer with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, 9 Death Spirits (Thousand Sons) all with Mark Of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolts, Sorcerer Commands, Slow and Purposeful and Fearless!
    50 - Truíkaiís Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
    (A recent edition to my idea is using dark angel miniatures to create pre heresy marines or something similar looking and paint them up like the army of the dead from Lord Of The Rings the 4+ Invulnerable and 3AP representing the fact they areÖ well ghostly, Of course theyíll support the death guard units but at the same time stay at a save distance)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    150 - The Collector (Defiler): Battle Cannon, Reaper Auto Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Deamonic Possession, Smoke Launchers, Fleet Of Foot.
    (Support fire, I plan to convert it so it is like a massive Pentient Engine but with a coffin instead of a person on the front and a large container on its back to collect dead bodies for use later itís basic fluff for the army's background)

Total: 1497
    Numbers: 32(4)

I hope when the new Deamon codex comes out I can break out my masses of plague zombies from eye of terror and use them as plague bearers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have the coolest army ideas.

I would say that this list looks pretty good, however, you are low on anti-tank.

I would say switch one of the daemon princes for a predator.

Otherwise it looks good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

I wouldn't suggest mixxing Plasma guns and melta's. Pick one and stick with it for the squad. I like the melta's better myself, but with Rhino's it's kinda a toss up.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

I've redone the list tell me what you think and what unit i should choose out the three at the bottom?

----------

HQ
    160 - Deamon Prince Sharazad: Wings, Mark of Nurgle and Doombolt.
    (Basic Prince tactics use cover to hide him from heavy weapons and close in for the kill and likely draw fire away from the rhinos)

TROOPS
    290 - Darkmaker Rokhan: Champion with Powerfist, 9 Undead (Death Guard) Marines, 2 Melta Guns, 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
    50 - Rabanís Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.

300 - Darkmaker Zaceria: Champion with Powerfist, 9 Undead (Death Guard) Marines, 2 Plasma Guns, 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
    50 - Zaceriaís Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
    (These guys drive forward as much as possible using available cover and my deamon prince as a distraction before opening up on the enemy

219 - Darkmaker Truíkai: Champion Sorcerer with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, 9 Death Spirits (Thousand Sons) all with Mark Of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolts, Sorcerer Commands, Slow and Purposeful and Fearless!
    50 - Truíkaiís Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
    (This unitís role is to support the two Death Guard units)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    150 - Defiler: Battle Cannon, Reaper Auto Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Deamonic Possession, Smoke Launchers, Fleet Of Foot.
    (Support fire while advancing)

And which of the following?
    230 - Terminator Squad: 4 Terminators, 2 with Powerfists 2 with Power Weapons all with combi bolters, Icon of Nurgle and Champion with Powerfist.
    (Deep strike where needed and cause havoc)
    -- or --
    240 - Chaos Land Raider: Deamonic Possession
    Replacing one of the rhinos and giving me some long range firepower but leaving me with 40pts to spend elsewhere, suggestions?
    -- or --
    230 - Raptor Squad: 7 Raptors with Icon Of Nurgle and 1 Champion with Powerfist.
    (Support the Deamon Princeís advance or the other units)

So what do you think?

+ Reply to Thread