Bumping it up too 1.5k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping it up too 1.5k

Okay I have about 1200 points or so of models, I want to get it to 1.5k and I have about 40 bucks, I will be going into town sometime today and was wondering what would be the best addition to my force tactically.

I have been organizing what I have into something like this.

Lord/Demon Prince

5 Termis

10 CSM with Champion and Rhino

Defiler

Pred

And thats about it, I notice im lacking any flanking units but the Deepsriking Termis.

It's been a minute.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I would buy a box of Space Marine Assault Marines. They have very nice running legs and jumppacks. Save the jump packs and build a couple of running marines to use as Chosen. Whe you get more money, buy a box of Chaos Space Marines and Possessed. That way you get some assault weapons, more cool running legs and 2 pair of wings. With the wings and jumppacks, added with the assault weapons, you now got a squad of 7 Raptors with assault weapons and a squad of cool chosen. try to trade bitz with friends to acquire the weapons you want, or just buy them from bitz-sites (I do that all the time, I got about 20 meltaguns, 15 plasma guns and a couple of combiweapons lying around.)

Or you could just uy rhinos. Rhinos are the chaos-players best friend. But I would order rhinos from cheap internet shops. You get away with quite a lot of money that way.

Remember to invest your money smart, bitz-wise. The space marine commander is really nice, as he gives you a combi-melta, combiplasma, power weapons, power fist and a cape.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

i'D GO FOr raptors for flanking units (with meltas) for definate awsome flanking potential and good all round, to second that i'd mabye go with a second pred or mabye some specilists troops like berserkers in a rhino, hope it helps, sorry for breifness going to have tea,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Pancake, your current model list looks pretty good. I'm happy to see so many chaos marines 8Y.

On Raptors: I've run these pups in virtually every 1850 point game for the past five months, which totals somewhere around 20 battles. I have a very heavy mech list: 3 rhinos, 3 preds, 2 small termi squads, 1 lash sorcerer, and 1 raptor unit.

I've found that my raptors have trouble staying alive, as they are the only infantry target for the first couple of rounds, pending the deep striking termis and disembarked marines. In essence, I give my opponent no choices when firing his/her anti-infantry weapons, so my raptors become a very expensive meat factory. Sometimes, they make it into c.c. with respectable numbers, but only against static armies, which enable me to hide them behind the advancing rhino line, without the concern of enemy flankers.

Overall, terminators are an excellent purchase, although, they're rather expensive. One to two units of 4-5 termis wtih combi-plasmas, a heavy flamer, and power fist or chain fist are extremely effective at shock tactics. They often make their points back in a single round.

Another option would be to add second predator. This would greatly improve your tank busting. The ability to control enemy vehicles is fast becoming the most import key to victory, especially when dealing with transports. On that note, enemy rhinos should be a top priority, over virtually everything else your enemy might field. They're a substantial point investment, but more importantly, if you can hinder your opponent's marines, you buy yourself time. Plus, a marine squad geared for c.c. cannot handle a long march, if you take down their rhinos early on.

I'm moving this to the chaos army list section.

*thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread