All Infantry/Black Legion [1750] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

All Infantry/Black Legion [1750]

Sorcerer
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Jump Pack
    Lash of Submission

Terminators [x5]

Combi-Plasma [x4]
    Heavy Flamer
    Chainfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory

Chosen Chaos Marines [x9]

Aspiring Champion with Powerfist
    Plasmaguns [x3]

Chaos Space Marines [x10]

Plasmaguns [x2]

Khorne Berzerkers [x8]
    Skull Champion with Power Weapon
    Meltabombs

Chaos Raptors [x8]
    Champion with Powerfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Meltaguns [x2]

Obliterators [x2]

Chaos Havocs [x6]
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Missile Launchers [x2]
    Lascannon

Chaos Havocs [x6]
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Missile Launchers [x2]
    Lascannon

Well, I'll keep it simple. I've been doing pretty well with this list lately. I'm looking for some criticisms. You think Plague Marines would be better to replace the Berzerkers? The Khornate boys tend to get killed pretty quickly.

"If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a solid list, hotspike. I'm a fan over every one of your units, except for two: Your troops choices and the mix of heavy weapons in your havocs. I'll leave the later of these alone, as I know this is something you typically do in your heavies 8Y.

Troops: Berzerkers without a transport are IMHO wasted points. Unlike other footslogging marines, they can't sit back and shoot for any respectable distance, which means their role in the army is always going to be delegated for c.c. (which is how it should be). Given this, rhinos are very much an asset. However, since your build fields no vehicles, I'm not inclined towards this option. Instead, I'm recommending that you drop them. Your suggestion of plague marines isn't a bad idea, but have considered swapping all of your troop slots for Noise Marines? Something like this:

5x Noise Marines
    *4x sonic blasters
    *1x blastmaster

I haven't run the math, but I believe you can fetch four of the above units for your current invested points in your troop choices. This would really put the ranged pressure on your opponent from round one- something that your current troop slots cannot do.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Do you think your Berserkers get killed quickly is because they get picked on? It seems pretty likely to me, but I don't know - I've never played that list.

Plague Marines would probably be a better choice, regardless. If the purpose of that cult unit is to soak up enemy fire, why not use the unit that's best at soaking it up?

Otherwise, it looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Thanks for the input to both of you. I have to spread out my list posts these days - I make too many of them.

The berzerkers do seem to be a bad idea in hindsight. I was hoping with the Lash they might be functional, but I think my opponents are too afraid of them and so take them out first usually. For WYSIWYG games I'll have to use Plague Marines - the only change to the list would be switching the Khorne boys for 7x Plague Marines with a Fist Champ. Gives me a grand total of 2 extra point.

Rabbit your last suggestion on those Sonic boys was spot on - they worked surprisingly well. I believe that unit is about 160 points, though I'll have to tally that up. I may switch the Berserkers out for them, or maybe two units if I can squeeze it in. I'm a little fluffy in that with a Black Legion army I like to have one of my troops be good old plain CSM, but that's not necessarily a requirement.

As for the Havocs...well....to be truthful I prefer not to mix things around - it just isn't as cool as a bunch of one weapon busting a tank open. I threw in the Lascannons because I occasionally have to deal with a Land Raider type deal - so it's frustrating when I can't seem to break the armor open. Do you think the list would be functional enough if I cut the Lascannons to Missile Launchers to save some points?

Thanks again guys. [See below for edited lists - let me know which one you guys like]

List Variant 1.1

Sorcerer
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Jump Pack
    Lash of Submission

Terminators [x5]

Combi-Plasma [x4]
    Heavy Flamer
    Chainfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory

Plasmaguns [x3]

Chaos Space Marines [x10]

Plasmaguns [x2]

Plague Marines [x7]
    Plague Champion with Powerfist

Chaos Raptors [x8]
    Champion with Powerfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Meltaguns [x2]

Obliterators [x2]

Chaos Havocs [x6]
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Missile Launchers [x2]
    Lascannon

Chaos Havocs [x6]
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Missile Launchers [x2]
    Lascannon

(Should I take out the Lascannons so the PM's can get some Plasmaguns?)

List Variant 1.2

Sorcerer
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Jump Pack
    Lash of Submission

Terminators [x5]

Combi-Plasma [x4]
    Heavy Flamer
    Chainfist

Plasmaguns [x3]
    Icon of Chaos Glory[B]

Noise Marines [x5]

Sonic Blasters [x4]
    Blastmaster

Noise Marines [x5]

Sonic Blasters [x4]
    Blastmaster

Noise Marines [x5]

Sonic Blasters [x4]
    Blastmaster

Chaos Raptors [x8]
    Champion with Powerfist
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Meltaguns [x2]

Obliterators [x2]

Chaos Havocs [x6]
    Missile Launchers [x3]

Chaos Havocs [x6]
    Missile Launchers [x3]
    Last edited by hotspike18; March 17th, 2008 at 16:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

In answer to the quistion I perfer the second list 'cause it gives you more versitility, against army's that are more aggresive then your own the noise marines can use the heavy 3 etc. you know what i mean by there more versitile, the raptors are crying out for MOK so lose the chainfist and heavy flamer from the termies and a chosen to make up the points, overall the list is pretty darn awsome, hope i helps,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Yes, I'd say, to swapping the las's in your havocs for plasma guns in your plaguers. After all, your army has no vehicles, and this is a huge bonus. Since most vehicles are designed for taking out other vehicles, you shouldn't have to worry as much as a mech build when it comes to tank busting. You should be just fine without the havoc las's.

Your second build looks more consistent to me. Everything is a threat from round 1, save for the deep striking termis, which still pose a tactical threat for good opponents, who are concerned with their future coming. The first list clearly possesses more c.c. finesse, but at the expensive of movement, which has could turn hairy. Plus, rapid firing footsloggers can be ignored by your opponent for the first round (maybe the second as well), since they take so long to arrive at c.c. and don't really start laying waste with ranged damage until they get within 12". For this reason, the Sonic Squads seem like a better option for your build.

I know you're pressed for points, but having the IoK in your chosen is fiendishly effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Well, the Icon of Khorne does seem like a good idea, it does seem to be pretty useful - but I wonder where the points should come from, I am worried about losing my anti-tank. I am thinking that with the Icon of Khorne the Raptors will become more infantry based, perhaps I should include a combi-melta in the Terminators? I'm really unsure what to do to keep things working in the list.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

I think the lists are fine without the IoK. It was more of a thought for future variations and larger point games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Thanks much for the comments guys, perhaps in a couple weeks I'll post my mech list I've been working on. 8Y

+ Reply to Thread