1500 pts Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pts Nurgle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Nurgle

hey there I have started a Nurgle orientated army. this list will not be used as winning list, but everything is converted to nurgle using forge world stuff and lots and lots of skulls and gore addition. This way my HS/ greater deamon and 2 squads are a must have in my list. I'm not quite sure about the deamon prince, without wings he isn't that good en with wings I don't think ik can give him the right plague look to fit in my army. do you have any idea's for a nice HQ and Troop configuration to make my list more balanced en a great overall nurgle look.

HQ:
    Nurgle Daemon Prince w/ MoN, warp time, wings - 175 pts (got stuck in the progress converting this guy'

Troops (3 same units isn´t that great looking I think, any ideas for these are welcome):
    Plaguemarines X 6 Plague Champion with Power Fist and Personal Icon, 2 Plasma Guns
    Rhino, 258 pts (FW upgrades for marines, rhino hetches rebuild)

Plaguemarines X 6 Plague Champion with Power Fist and Personal Icon, 2 Plasma Guns

Heavy support:
    Vindicator, Daemonic Possession, 145 pts (completely rebuild using twin/linked demolisher cannon, landspeeders bottom)

Defiler w/ 2 extra DCCW, 150 pts (completely rebuild using new corpse cart and a lot of bits and greenstuff)

Obliterator cult 2x, 150 pts (headswap and weaponswaps (only plasmacannon addition and weapons they can actually use) for current rulechange)

Summoned
    Greater Daemon, 100 pts (FW model)

Last edited by Van Leeuwen; March 20th, 2008 at 13:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Looks nice and powerful.

HQ: Im converting mine to have a jump pack rather than wings which I wasn't too keen on building. You could drop warptime for doombolt to save points but he is very powerful with it. I would always go for a Daemon Prince rather than a Lord or sorceror.

Troops: Good design. The personal icons can probably be dropped as you only have the oblits to teleport with and they can use lascannon or plasma cannon from range. Maybe convert one squad to meltaguns. Drop the powerfist from one asp champ who will be your primary daemon vessel.

Shaving points as above might get you one or two more plague marines and/or some combi bolters on rhinos.

Heavy support looks fine although personally I don't rate defilers that highly.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Looks pretty good. You're a little light on troops, but as a mechanized cult army that's going to be a necessary evil, I think.

It sounds incredible though. I'd like to see some pictures of these conversions.

It might be worth it to go with a Chaos Lord or Sorcerer instead of the DP and have them ride in a rhino with your troops.

+ Reply to Thread