2000pt Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt Nurgle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Nurgle

OK here goes..Despite the fact that it's as pure a nurgle army as I could make it, it's extremely uniform. Before you read the following keep in mind it's going to be almost entirely VS a blood angels army a buddy o' mine is putting together as we speak. Anyway here's the list thus far for a 2000pt NURGLE army I'm going to be putting together..

HQ 355

Lord Contagion 175
    Daemon Prince
    Wings
    MoN
    Warptime

Lord "Hiv" 180
    Daemon Prince
    Wings
    MoN
    Gift of Chaos

Fast Attack 500

CRN1 250
    7xChaos Raptors
    2x Melta
    Champ
    2xclaws
    MoN

CRN2 250
    7xChaos Raptors
    2x Melta
    Champ
    2xclaws
    MoN

Troops 693

PM1 231
    7xPlague Marines
    2xPlasma
    Champ
    PFist

PM2 231
    7xPlague Marines
    2xPlasma
    Champ
    PFist

PM3 231
    7XPlague Marines
    Plasma
    Champ
    PFist

Heavy 410

Chaos Predator 130
    Side Las
    Auto Cannon

Chaos Predator 130
    Side Las
    Auto Cannon

Chaos Defiler 150
    DCCW

My question at this point is what to do with the extra 42 points? I would very much like to fine tune this to be as effecient as possible. Was thinking maybe something along the lines of dropping PM3's plasma for flamers and giving them a rhino, or slappin some twin linked las on the pred's, or giving both DPs warptime and GoC/WoC. Or they can keep the plasma and just spend the points elsewhere; IE 2xdoombolt, combi-weapons, etc. BUT I'm absolutely open to any suggestions there.

Key points and strategies goes I have so far are as follows:

-Mark of Nurgle as well as sacred number of 7 models per unit is non-negotiable, this is a die hard Nurgle army, not gonna change ;D

-For casual play of course VS the ever so threatening blood angels, highly unlikely this will ever see a tourney.

-Now first of all for the army itself all troops are defensive and will advance first in most situations (WHAT??! yeah that's right!) and generally pelt whatever they see first with lotso lead and plasma while the raptors and DPs get into position. The troops will then either assault or be assaulted (depending on if I rapid fired or not of course), easily able to withstand most of whats thrown at them. That's when the raptors and DPs rush in and do the real CC damage. All while the heavy support give them cover fire (and lots of it).

-Just about every unit has tank crackin capabilities, my primary ones will be raptors though, followed by tanks. Although tanks will mostly be cover fire, since they can be quite intimidating, as well as long range pinpoint target dropping.

-Occasionally I'll leave 1 or 2 troop squads back to protect the defiler (flamers?), since it's my friend's PRIME target (Don't ask me why with BS3, basically bait at this point), and then use the strategy above.

-And since the defiler is THE target I'll have it out in the open to draw out any devestator squads or targets that my 2 deadly pred's might want to take care of. Also I will use it to CC OFTEN!! ;P

-Generally Contagion will be my primary DP, first into combat, closely followed by the secondary Lord Hiv (pronounced as Hiv not H I V ;D) and while focus is on the first, Hiv will work his way through the enemies troops attempting to "recruit" with GoC. Although I'm terribley torn in between using gift of chaos OR wind of chaos simpley because they're both equal in cost, fun, and uberness ;P In which case if I were in fact to switch it the strategy would be reversed, Woc DP first then WT DP.

-Had more strategy but can't think of it atm

That about sums it up, few more quick notes:

-Suggestions on how to model a Nurgley daemon prince or 2 with wings?

-Extra strategy Suggestions?

-Extra modeling suggestions?

THANKS MUCH in advance for any posts. Positive criticism welcome. Cheers ! :drinking:

EDIT: BTW! My friend REALLY enjoys using las canons and missle launchers, and generally uses mephiston as his primary HQ. Thought it might help to include that bit of info! ;P

Last edited by HeXsim; March 21st, 2008 at 00:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

the list looks good,for the last 42 points i would add combi meltas onto the plague champions and meltabombs to the raptor champions. Not much else you can do with the points IMO
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread