Chaos v. Eldar 2 on 2 @ 1500 each. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Chaos v. Eldar 2 on 2 @ 1500 each.

A friend of mine and myself are facing my brother and a friend of his in a 2 on 2 battle. We are going to play 1500 points neither of us normally use chaos (I am Nids he is Orks). I have absolute control over my list and suggestion power of his if I can get it to him before thursday night. Game is friday (3/2.

My list will be something like this.

HQ [155]
    Daemon Prince, MoS, lash (155)

Elite [230]
    2*3 man terminator squads with TL auto cannon (115)

Troops [600]
    2*10 plague marines, 2 plasma guns, PF champ (300)

Heavy Support [425]
    3 Oblits (225)
    2*preditor with autocannon+heavy bolters (100)

That leaves me with 90 points and some choices to make.

Do I want to drop 2 plague marines to get each squad a rhino?
    Do I want to drop the preditors to get more obliterators? (I am scared of falcons and wraithlords)
    Is it worth buying each of the terminators a combie melta?
    Does the lash work well against Eldar or can they cancel it out like a psychic hood?
    How do I sqeeze out 20 more points to get a squad of 5 raptors with 2 flamers to take on Harlquins?

My teammate is bringing something like this, though he hasn't pointed it out yet.

Khornate lord with DW and Steed
    2*10 Noise marines
    10 Raptors
    2*10 lesser daemons
    10 berzerkers in a rhino
    3 obliterators
    and bikes if he has points.

I am trying to talk him out of the DW, because he rolls a lot of ones. Any suggestions on either list would be great.

The things I fear right now are Falcons (I hear bad things), Wraith Lords (friend is trying to get close fast which I think is going to save them from out oblitz which are our best way to kill them), and Harlquins (I hear there is not much of an answer to these guys). I have played Eldar before but have never faced any of those units and they seem like the three scariest to me. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey sup thought id give my suggestions on the list.

HQ [155]
    Daemon Prince, MoS, lash (155)
    badly needs wings for if your to use lash effectively.
    elites[230]
    2*3 man terminator squads with TL auto cannon (115)
    your running the termies completely wrong. 4 termies 4 combi weapons 140 pts, i would go meltas. deep strike the termies for anti tank they will surely get there points back and are well worth it, they become very annoying for your opponent once they used there combi weapons, all for 140 pts cant go wrong.
    Troops [600]
    2*10 plague marines, 2 plasma guns, PF champ (300)
    drop these sqauds to seven man strong each and id give them meltas personally but thats just me and give them a rhino
    Heavy Support [425]
    3 Oblits (225)
    I would go sqauds of 2 with oblitz 3 is overkill in one sqaud, reasons are more costly unit can be more effective as a 2 man unit. 2 oblitz sqauds would be nice but id just stick with 1 two man squad

2*preditor with autocannon+heavy bolters (100)
    if you take rhinos pred is a must you need more vehicles, but id make it lascannon sponsons and turret autocannon for 130 pts.

seems that your list is more static firepower orriented so i would stick that way and let your mate deal with ccw units. hope that helps a bit.

+ Reply to Thread