has any one pulled this one on you - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has any one pulled this one on you

typhus

10 plague marines
    champ w/ Pfist
    2 flamers

10 plague marines
    champ w/ Pfist
    2 flamers

8 plague marines
    champ w/ Pfist
    2 flamers

land raider
    dozer blade
    extra armour
    combi weapon

land raider
    dozer blade
    extra armour
    combi weapon

land raider
    dozer blade
    extra armour
    combi weapon

6 lesser daemons

just under 1850pts

the marines go in the land raiders obviously.
    lucky shots take out the land raiders but you need to be very lucky to take out all three.
    small armies fire are all but wasted on this list.
    not very sporting at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ang
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

If you swap the combi bolters/extra armour for daemonic possession it'll be even better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all though i supoes that you are corect, better is not a word i would have used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    all though i supoes that you are corect, better is not a word i would have used.
    The list is legal. Even if you or someone else finds it unsporting... the list is possible with
    the current dex.
    ------------------------------------
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

typhus

10 plague marines
    champ w/ Pfist
    2 flamers

10 plague marines
    champ w/ Pfist
    2 flamers

8 plague marines
    champ w/ Pfist
    2 flamers

land raider
    dozer blade
    extra armour
    combi weapon

land raider
    dozer blade
    extra armour
    combi weapon

land raider
    dozer blade
    extra armour
    combi weapon

6 lesser daemons

just under 1850pts
    Remember you only need to penertrate them and the troops must disembark. I dont think the force will be that effective as it lacks punch. The force will be moving forwards and will only be able to fire one lascannon a piece per turn.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please explain why the whole force would move forward, that seams silly. if any thing it would advance as a staggered line, with some moving and others not, if it wanted to advance at all.

vs. a shooty list you are in the drivers seat at to what can be shot, you have so few targets that line of sight is up to you, and even then all you need to worry about ar a few of the guns.

vs. a combat list the only thin you need to fear is power weapons enmass and rending (few lists have this), and even then you can snipe transports and take the charge with little worry from jump pack units, all the while mowing down infantry and tanks.

vs. all infiltrate and super fast lists its just a combo of the two.

my case is that you don't need to blindly rush forward letting every gun the enemy has take potshots at you. and with this type of list you ony need to fight the battles you want to.

will you wipe out an enemy force probably not but you sure wont lose that many guys either

and Kantoken i do not understand your post i know its legal why else would i have posted it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    Remember you only need to penertrate them and the troops must disembark. I dont think the force will be that effective as it lacks punch. The force will be moving forwards and will only be able to fire one lascannon a piece per turn.

Dan
    Don't forget the Heavy Bolter counts as a defensive weapon - at least for the time being.

I think this list won't be that tough. Whenever I look at a list, I always try to figure out how my list would fare against it and I think I'd do pretty good.

The limited firepower on your advance would allow my rhino riding, meltagun wielding CSMs and Bikers to get in range and take down the LR's quite easily. After that, your plague marines would be quite outnumbered and outgunned.

Against some lists, particularly those that rely on missile launchers as their main AT, you could potentially do quite well. It would be a fun list to play against, I don't know about playing it though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

please explain why the whole force would move forward, that seams silly. if any thing it would advance as a staggered line, with some moving and others not, if it wanted to advance at all.

vs. a shooty list you are in the drivers seat at to what can be shot, you have so few targets that line of sight is up to you, and even then all you need to worry about ar a few of the guns.

vs. a combat list the only thin you need to fear is power weapons enmass and rending (few lists have this), and even then you can snipe transports and take the charge with little worry from jump pack units, all the while mowing down infantry and tanks.

vs. all infiltrate and super fast lists its just a combo of the two.

my case is that you don't need to blindly rush forward letting every gun the enemy has take potshots at you. and with this type of list you ony need to fight the battles you want to.

will you wipe out an enemy force probably not but you sure wont lose that many guys either

and Kantoken i do not understand your post i know its legal why else would i have posted it?
    If you are going to use your Land raiders as transports but not move them forwards towards the enemy you might as well not bother having the models inside them. I did not say you would blindly throw them forwards, obviously you will use cation when moving them. No insults intended. Against other marine armies i think it will struggle, it lacks Low AP weaponary for marine killing and meltas for anti armour.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmtu View Post
    Don't forget the Heavy Bolter counts as a defensive weapon - at least for the time being.
    Correct Grimmtu, but I didnt mention these as I expect the LRs will be targetting armoured targets and HBs arent exactly good at this role. True, against hordes and infantry in general it will be usefull.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dan
    i did not intend to sound like a grumpy old prick, after rereading my post i understand how it might be seen as such.

i should clarify the point that i am trying to make with this list. annoying. that it. if more than half your shots have almost no effect on any list then it is bound to try ones nerves.

with this list the point is not to kill, it's that very little can kill you.

that's all i intended to say.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

No worries, no offence was taken. It will be a tough list and will take little damage but IMHO it will deal out little in return.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast