[1000] Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1000] Nurgle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Nurgle

ok hello... new too 40K so i dun really know if it will look OK.. but well say what u think

Deamon Prince 165
    Wings, Nurgle, Nurgle Rot

8 Possesed Space Marines 222
    Aspiring Champion

Dreadnought 125
    Twin-Linkes Lascannon

7 Plague Marines 211
    Champ; Power Fist, 2 Meltas

7 Plague MArines 201
    Champ; Power fist, 1 Melta

1 Obliator

so what do y think?

i really like the possesed models.. theyr soo cool converting with so i would rather save them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Deamon Prince 165

Good

Aspiring Champion

Possessed are very risky to run for the fact that if you have a bad roll, they will be useless for the rest of the game, on the other hand if you have a good roll, they could be amazing, but for that many points you could have another squad of plague marines. Just something to consider.

Dreadnought 125
    Twin-Linkes Lascannon

Am not a fan of dreads, but I hear they are best run with CCW's. But again they are risky to run as they can kill your own guys.

7 Plague Marines 211

This is good.

7 Plague MArines 201

This is good, but if you had any points left over I would suggest getting another metla

1 Obliator

This is good for anti tank...the only problem is this is your only anti tank really, so I would recommend trying to get more anti tank into your army, but at 1k you might not need soo much. You might be able to get away with the dreads and the meltas and oblit. But just no the oblit and dread might be targeted as the only anti tank you have. And if you lose that, you really won't have any anti tank. So just keep that in consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrm.. what if i just take the possesed off rerplace with 212pts termies.. and just get one extra melta at the other plague marine squad... any tips on termie setup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I suggest heavy flamers, and Pfist, and combi meltas. Along with IoCG being that they are not fearless this gives them the power to reroll failed LD tests. Good to have.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Deamon Prince 165
    I dont think nurgles rot is worth the points, swap it out for warp time to help the daemon prince plow through combat.

Aspiring Champion
    If you want to use possesed Id suggest using a smaller squad, 5 strong is plenty at 1000 points.

Dreadnought 125
    Twin-Linkes Lascannon
    Dreadnaughts are not reliable. Id suggst using another oblitorator as one piece of armour is going to be a big target and a waste of points if it blunders around for a turn.

7 Plague Marines 211

7 Plague MArines 201
    Two good strong units here. Nice choices, upgrade to plasma guns if you can afford it.

1 Obliator
    Nice versatile heavy support for 1000 points.

So, drop the dread for an extra oblit and trim down the possesed to 5 strong. With the extra points either think about uping the squad sizes of your troops to 10 strong or adding in a terminator squad with combi plasma guns, heavy flamer and powerfist (for a combi plasma guide see my signiture) . or try a dual melta raptor squad led by a powerfist champion.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread