1500pts Tzeentch/Slaanesh, Need advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Tzeentch/Slaanesh, Need advice

Not sure if this list will be viable at all, its my first non-tyranid List. I want a Tzeentch/Slaanesh theme, but i don't want to gimp it by overfluffing.

HQ
    -----
    Chaos Sorcerer: Terminator Armor, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Wind of Chaos.
    185pts
    -----

Elites
    -----
    Chaos Terminators x5: Power fist x1, Combi-Melta x3, Combi-Flamer x2.
    185pts
    -----
    185 pts
    -----

Troops
    -----
    Thousand Sons x8.
    Aspiring Sorcerer: Doombolt.
    254pts
    -----
    Noise Marines x7: 6 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster.
    Aspiring Champion: Power Weapon.
    260pts
    -----

Heavy Support
    -----
    Chaos Predator: Side sponson Lascannons.
    130pts
    -----
    Total: 1214

The Thousand Sons and Noise Marines march into position and chew up infantry while the predator picks off heavy targets, i deep strike the terminators and Sorcerer anywhere that they can massacre infantry with Flamers/WoC, or take down Armor with Melta's/WoC.

Overall is the list viable? Im hoping to eventually push it up to 1500, and im not sure what to change/add. Think the troops need Rhinos? And should i swap out the predator for Obliterators?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

HQ
    -----
    Chaos Sorcerer: Terminator Armor, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Wind of Chaos.
    185pts
    -----
    You Hq choice is quiet nice, I guess he will be DSing so his slow movement wont hinder him too much. Dsing within flame template range of an enemy unit is not somthing i would suggest.
    Elites
    -----
    185pts
    -----
    185 pts
    -----
    Id definatley swap the combi weapons for a heavy flamer and combi plasmas. Make sure the heavy flamer model has the powerfist too.

Troops
    -----
    Thousand Sons x8.
    254pts
    -----
    Aspiring Champion: Power Weapon.
    260pts
    -----
    These are nice units, they need personnal icons thought to assist the DS of the Terminators. The thousand sons are a good solid unit and the aspiring sorcerers Doombolt has great synergy with the inferno bolts of the unit. For the noise marines id suggest a powerfist for the champion, it helps deter ICs and MCs along with making sure the unit can take on walkers in combat if one pops up.

Heavy Support
    -----
    Chaos Predator: Side sponson Lascannons.
    130pts
    -----
    The AT predator is a great choice. Never use just one lone piece of armour. Id suggest taking a second pred with the same setup for your next upgrade.

I would spend some of the available points on a unit of raptors with two melta guns and a champion with a powerfist. Give this uit an icon to so that the terminators can DS onto these too in the safe zone.

Nice base list here, with some tweaking you will have a nice semi competative army list. Great work!

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to lucky rolling, i ussualy manage to pull off DSing them into close range with minimal cassualties. I'll consider replacing the combi's with combi plasmas and i'll find the points for the heavy flamer. I like the Meltas because i can take care of well placed tanks with a lucky DS, but im sure Raptors could take over if i get a batch of them.

Would a second HQ choice have any place in a 1500 point match? I've been wanting to try out a Sorcerer with LoS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

You could run another HQ, but I don't think this list really needs it. I agree with Dan on everything he has said. I think you should def. invest in a squad of raptors with meltas and a champ with a powerfist and personal icon. I get lucky rolls for deepstriking too, but to not have to roll scatter is an amazing feature to have. Especially if you plan to deepstrike your lord. You don't want to be taking chances with him. Plus if your unit is in CC and you can DS your lord in....you will have for a good charge next turn.

Also I agree on the you should never have one piece of armour. This is because it is just a target. The first thing your opponent is going to do is try to take it out. A good rule of thumb...either 2 or more, or none at all.

In saying that, everything else looks very solid. Your troops look good and such. I like your terminator squads and such. Are you planning on deepstriking them both? Or just one and having one start on the field? Was just curious to that,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Tzeentch and Slaanesh

I havent used this list much, so im not sure how many im going to deep strike yet. If my troops are getting shot up too fast, i'll consider leaving one to footslog with them but for now i think im going to DS both.

Updated List:

HQ
    -----
    Chaos Sorcerer: Terminator Armor, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Wind of Chaos. 200pts
    -----

Elites
    -----
    Chaos Terminators x5: Power fist x1, Heavy Flamer, Combi-Plasma x4. 185pts
    -----
    Chaos Terminators x5: Power fist x1, Heavy Flamer, Combi-Plasma x4. 185 pts
    -----

Troops
    -----
    Thousand Sons x8.
    254 pts
    -----
    Thousand Sons x8.
    254 pts
    -----
    Aspiring Champion: Power Fist.
    270 Pts
    -----

Fast Attack
    -----
    Chaos Raptors x5: Melta Gun x2, Icon of Slaanesh.
    Aspiring Champion: Power fist.
    180 pts
    -----

Heavy Support
    -----
    Chaos Predator: Side sponson Lascannons. 130pts
    -----
    Chaos Predator: Side sponson Lascannons. 130pts
    -----

Total: 1808

I couldn't fit the raptors in with 1500, i always ended up a few points over. Im just gonna turn this into a 2000 points list to fit everything in and expand upon it.

To top off the list, should i grab another raptor squad, a defiler, or some obliterators? Any other comments on this update?
    Last edited by Zygh; April 8th, 2008 at 05:49. Reason: Fixed a few point values

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

You should add at least two more guys to the raptor squad. Only because if they take one casualty they can no longer hold objectives. Also I would recommend giving them IoCG just because they are not fearless...Just to make if safer for them. You don't want to see your points walking off the field....same with the terminators...for squads that cost so much you don't want to see the points lost because they flee. IoCG will let them reroll if they fail.

+ Reply to Thread