400 pt Undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

400 pt Undivided

Always thought these small games were kind of silly, but now there's a tournament coming in 2 weeks and I'd like to give my Red Corsairs a shot at it.

This is what I'm thinking of running -

10 Chaos Space Marines - 200 pts
    1 Meltagun
    1 Flamer
    Rhino

5 Chaos Space Marines - 90 pts
    1 Plasmagun

5 Chaos Space Marine Havocs - 110 pts
    1 Heavy Bolter
    1 Autocannon

Total - 400 points

Pretty straight-forward - using a huge range of different weapons for dealing with all kinds of infantry and light vehicles, has a very good model count for 400 points (21), and has some mobility with the rhino. What do you think?

Last edited by grimmtu; April 7th, 2008 at 03:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi

Nice list for 400pts on which I'm not an expert but I'll see what I can do, first I'd drop the havocs, 'cause there limted use in this little game IMO, to get that AT back I'd give a lascannon to the fire support squad which should be enough in this level. This leaves about 100pts to play with which some deamons would help out by giving you some combat punch which you lack, a greater deamon would be ferisome at this points level, but some lesser deamons could be the way to go. Alternitly a heavy bolter autcannon pred would be good piece of armour that'd be difficult to take out, take the heat off the rhino and keep the fire power theame. Fianally I think the rhino squad would be better focusing on AT or AI. Basically I'd defo drop the havocs to free up some points, hope it helped,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Well, it's a combat patrol game, which means I can't take predators or greater daemons. Sorry, I should have explained that in the first post. Furthermore, a 5 man squad can't take a heavy weapon - has to be 10, hence the Havocs. I appreciate the advice though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

Yeah sorry I should have assumed, sometimes though it isn't combat patrol, my fault though, so don't worry, I really messed up in that post, I think the principle is pretty good though I'd drop the havocs still since I think you need some combat punch, some lesser deamons were better then a greater deamon anyway, as I said earlier although then you'd have no AT, perhaps drop the 5 man squad instead, hope I rectified my previous rubbish,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

You have 3 elements in your list and 2 of them have almost no mobility. You will send your rhino alone backed up by your Havoc squad and your 5 men CSM squad will have to go on foot.

First thing I would do is even out the weapons in your Havoc squad. I think 2 Missile Launchers would benefit you a lot more than 1 HB and 1 AC. With the ML you can kill armour or have small blast template to kill infantry depending on who you face.

The second thing I would do would be to even out the CSM in your 2 squads. A 5 men CSM squad is too small, you take 3 casualties and the squad become ineffective. You lose one marine in the process, but 2 ML should serve you better than an AC and a HB.

8 Chaos Space Marines - 165 pts
    1 Meltagun; Rhino

7 Chaos Space Marines - 120 pts
    1 Plasmagun

5 Chaos Space Marine Havocs - 115 pts
    2 Missile Launchers

Total - 400 points

I don't know how you plan to run it but that way you have at least 2 decent CSM squads. Ideally if you could take another rhino for your second squad it would be better, but then your number would decrease. It coulb be something like this:

7 Chaos Space Marines - 150 pts
    1 Meltagun; Rhino

6 Chaos Space Marines - 135 pts
    1 Meltagun; Rhino

5 Chaos Space Marine Havocs - 115 pts
    2 Missile Launchers or 2 Autocannons

Total - 400 points

More mobility and fire power for 18 CSM instead of 21. That the problem with Chaos, we don't have the number in small game and it plays against us most of the time.

Here's the list I would personally play, maybe it will help you in your process of designing your list.

Chaos Space Marine Squad (180)
    9 Chaos Space Marines w/ 1 meltagun; rhino

Biker Squad (109 pts)
    3 Chaos Bikers w/ 1 meltagun

Biker Squad (109 pts)
    3 Chaos Bikers w/ 1 meltagun

It's fast, it's hard and those Bikers can really wreack havoc in a unit if you concentrate their fire power on 1 target.
    Last edited by Thyr; April 7th, 2008 at 18:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I agree with Thyr that you should up the squads a bit, and you really shouldn't run into too much armour in a combat patrol game, so I don't really see the need in the havoc squad when you can get a 10man raptor squads with meltas and such or just up your CSM and such. Just a suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forget combat rules, but isn't only one troop needed? Thus he could make one normal squad havocks, so they have two weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Thanks to Pika for pointing out I only need one Troop choice.

6 CSMs - 140
    Plasmagun
    Rhino

6 CSM Havocs - 145
    2 Meltaguns
    Rhino

5 CSM Havocs - 115
    2 Autocannons

Total - 400 pts

How does this one look? I loaded up on low AP weapons because I get the feeling I will be facing lots of MEQs.

I like the autocannons more than the missile launchers for 3 basic reasons 1) Autocannons are pretty cool looking models, 2) I think they are slightly more effective against light vehicles and 3) I actually have 2 autocannon totting CSMs and won't have to go hunting for bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fine for the amount of points spend. 17 models.

The rest of them look good too. You are able to take out light vehicles with your stuff.

Just asking, what is the melta for? Why not plasma?

+ Reply to Thread