1500pt Mech Chaos Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Mech Chaos Competitive

Hey guys, been a while since I posted a list and i'm looking at going for a mech list rather than my usual footsloggers

HQ
    Daemon prince, Wings, Warptime 155pts

Troops

10 CSM, Champ w Fist, Melta Gun 2, Rhino 245pts
    10 CSM, Champ w Fist, Melta Gun, Flamer, Rhino 240pts
    10 CSM, Champ w Sword + Melta Bombs, Flamer 2, Rhino 230pts

Fast Attack

8 Raptors, Champ w Claws (its what my model has), Melta Gun 210pts

Heavy Support

Obliterators, 2
    Predator, Tl lascannon, SS HV bolters 135pts

I realise the majority dont like this configuration of predator but I prefer the ability to hide it behind terrain incase I dont get first turn or to avoid the plethora of heavy weapons which are aimed at a static tank which is deployed early, or alternatively to just drive on in an escalation mission and fire with full effectiveness. When it comes down to it, some days that autocannon just doesnt cut it i'm afraid.

Model count 46

Last edited by M'muth; April 8th, 2008 at 04:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks alright, if you insist on that predator configuration.

Try to get extra armor on the rhinos...they really tend to need EA.
    HDZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I would recomend against the predator configurations. Use either all anti-infantry or all anti-tank. Your predator is very expensive as it is now. You can invest those points smarter elsewhere.

The same goes for the marine squads. Gear them out for a single purpose. Either to get rid of tanks or guys. I could easily see 3 squads, 1 with twin meltas for handling armour, 1 with twin flamers to handle swarms and 1 with twin plasma to handle MEQ, termies and stuff with good save and toughness. The fists are good, possibly change the fist in he flamer squad for a sword as you probably dont need that extremely high strength against swarms and also want to keep the cost down.

To get the most out of the Raptor squad, give them at least 2 special weapons. 2 meltas are ideal. An idea here is to let the raptors and the predators have the role of anti-tank, and gear the Marine squads out for anti-personell with plasmaguns and flamers.

Here comes the prince. I've noticed you're affraid that the preds get busted early. You can prevent that from happening by rushing the prince straight up the table. That almost forces your opponent to stop him and he aims every anti-tank weapon in his disposal at the prince. By giving the Prince a Mark of Tzeentch, you increase his chances of survival considerably.

For icons. If you have some points to spare, buy some icons. The IoCG would be best in your army, as it's fairly shooty and would get some punishment from afar. It's also the cheapest one. Maybe the Icon of Khorne for the the flamer unit, as you would want to assault the swarm before it assaults you, and in flamer range thats IS going to happen.
    Give raptors the Icon of Khorne, especially as the champ has got LCs. Another thought here... you could configure the raptors for anti-MEQ, giving them plasmaguns and the Icon of Slaanesh. Your guys will strike first, and with the LCs thats quite good.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Looks like a pretty solid list...the only thing I would have said would be to give the asp raptor champ a PF but you said your model has lightning claws so...other then that is looks good. Just one question, do they all have meltas where is says melta...or is it only one?

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

HQ
    Daemon prince, Wings, Warptime 155pts
    Nice and simple

Troops

10 CSM, Champ w Fist, Melta Gun 2, Rhino 245pts
    10 CSM, Champ w Fist, Melta Gun, Flamer, Rhino 240pts
    10 CSM, Champ w Sword + Melta Bombs, Flamer 2, Rhino 230pts
    Dont mix speical weapons in a squad. take meltas or flamers not both.

Fast Attack

8 Raptors, Champ w Claws (its what my model has), Melta Gun 210pts
    Powerfist. Id convert your model or make a new one. See it as a promotion for that model to become a Lord.

Heavy Support

Obliterators, 2
    AT preds far outstrip these guys. There less points and are much more effiecient. Your tanks are diversifying, they cost more points and are not as effective against either target of choice, infantry or armoured vehicles. Take AT preds.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changes

Ok i've had a think regarding the suggested changes and played a handfull of games, against a fairly balanced nids list to evaluate how it would perform and i'd like to add I really hate flyrants and devilfexes. Heres what I've altered it to for the next few pickup games.

HQ

Daemon Prince Wings, Warptime

Troops

10 CSM Champ w PWR Fist, Melta gun (2), Rhino
    10 CSM Champ w PWR Fist, Plasma Gun(2), Rhino
    10 CSM Champ w PWR Sword, Plasma Gun (2)

Fast Attack

7 Raptors Champ w PWR fist, Melta Gun

Heavy Support

2 Obliterators
    Predator SS-HV bolters, Pintle Havoc launcher, I may switch this to an Antitank configuration.
    8 Havocs Heavy Bolter (4) These I may upgrade to autocannons

By upgrading some melta's and flamers to plasma i've given myself the option of shooting an advancing enemy rather than being forced to close with a superior CC army and go toe to toe, while remaining effective in CC v weaker CC armies. The army is a little less mobile, but still mobile enough in objective missions. I've also increased the model count to 51 and have more PWR armoured models which is a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I really like the second list. Only thing I'd suggest is go ahead and switch the Havocs to Autocannons. Also, your raptor squad seems a bit lopsided with only one meltagun. I would add a second.

To get points for those minor changes, I'd drop the havoc launcher from the predator. I'd switch the DP to Winds of Chaos - this will help against Hordes, particularly if you switch the Havocs around, you'll end up a bit light against hordes. That's enough for the upgrade to autocannons.

For the extra meltagun, I'd switch one pair of plasmas to meltas, leaving the PWR weapon squad with the plasmaguns (the meltaguns work a little better when paired with a powerfist).
    Last edited by grimmtu; April 14th, 2008 at 06:09.

+ Reply to Thread