2000 point Death Guard List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point Death Guard List

Hi all. I am planning to start Chaos Marines.....eventually. When I do, I wish to field a decent list. This is what I have come up with

Headquarters:
    Daemon Prince with Wings. 130 points

Elites:
    5 Terminators, 1 upgraded to Champion 160 points
    Troops:
    10 Plague Marines with Champion with Powerfist. 2 Marines have Meltaguns. 290 points

10 Plague Marines with Champion with Powerfist. 2 Marines have Meltaguns. 290 points

Fast Attack:

Heavy Support:
    2 Obliterators. 140 points

Total: 2000 points. My main concern with this is lack of speed and how the Terminators are tacked on. I may take 8 Raptors instead, 3 Rhinos w/ extra armor, or some bikers. Comments and Criticism are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would drop your troops squads to 8 men each and use the points for 4 rhinos and MoN on the princes. Also get a personal icon or two to teleport the termies to the mechanised squads.

Terminators should have 1 chain fist, several combiplasmas and don't bother with the champion upgrade until you find points left over at the end.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Headquarters:
    Drop one. Otherwise its a good build, maybe think of adding warptime to make it more reliable.

Elites:
    Drop the champion, add in a powerfist and four combi plasmas and one heavyflamer.

Troops:

These squads are walking and probabley will never meet a tank to greet with there melta guns. Id drop one squad, upgrade all the meltas to plasmas, give the squads rhinos and PIs to the champions for DSing the Termies and oblits.

Heavy Support:
    Not bad, Id consider DSing one or two squads to tag side armour of vehicles.

With the spare points you might be able to afford a nice squad of raptors, 6-8 strong, dual melta guns, a champion with a powerfist and an icon of your choice. These will aid DSing the other troops.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Headquarters:

I would have to agree with dropping one hear, and giving him warptime.

Elites:

The champion is not needed in this group, so drop him and get combi meltas, a heavy flamer, and a powerfist.

Troops:

I would say to drop these down to eight strong, get them rhinos. I would also give the champions personal icons to better teleport your termis in. If you find you still don't have enough points drop one whole squad completely.

Fast Attack:

I would try to get a squad of 7 raptors with asp champ with pfist and a personal icon., and dual meltas here.

Heavy Support:

This is a nice setup. As Dan said, I would also DS a few of these units to better take out tanks and such.

+ Reply to Thread