1500 point army, reduced from 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point army, reduced from 2000

I posted an army list for a 2000 point army recently, but now I'm not sure if I'll have any opponents so I've retooled it for 1500 points. I'm hoping to have an effective assault oriented army.

Daemon Prince @ 155 Pts
    Wings; Lash of Submission; Mark of Slaanesh

7 Khorne Berzerkers +1 Champ @ 233 Pts
    Power Weapon
    Rhino

7 Plague Marines +1 Champ @ 289 Pts
    Flamer (x2)
    Power Fist; Combi-flamer
    Rhino w/Combi-flamer

7 Noise Marines @ 175 Pts
    Sonic Blaster (x7)

6 Thousand Sons @ 258 Pts
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer Bolt of Change
    1 Rhino

7 Raptors +1 Champ @ 240 Pts
    *Meltagun (x2); Icon of Slaanesh; Lightning Claws (pair)

1 Defiler @ 150 Pts w/all 4 Close Combat arms

I call this "Blood and Guts" because I plan to use the Berserkers and Plague Marines for assault and leave the Noise Marines and Thousand Sons in the rear. My concerns are that I may have too many Noise Marines and Thousand Sons. Would you suggest dropping them down for more front line troops or raptors? Also, do they even really need the rhino?

If I'm up against an army I know will be more vulnerable to the Slaanesh +1 init, then I have what I call "Sound and Fury," where I send CSMs with IoS and Berserkers up front and leave the Plague Marines in the rear (I know, it would be better if the CSMs were actual Noise Marines, but...). I'd drop the 7 Noise Marines for:

9 Chaos Space Marines +1 Champ @ 265 Pts
    Flamer (x2)
    Power Weapon; Combi-flamer

The Plague Marines would have their Flamers replaced with Plasma and loose their rhino and the Raptors would go down to 7 models. I chose not to use Noise Marines because this way I get 10 models and 3 templates for only 25 points more than 8 models and 1 Doom Siren.

Anyway, I'm also wondering about the Raptors. I'd like to be able to use them in CC, too and maybe even occasionally swap my Prince for a Lord w/Blissgiver or Sorcerer, but do I will I be vulnerable to tanks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Daemon Prince @ 155 Pts
    Solid choice

Power Weapon
    Rhino
    This squad needs a Powerfist, its much better than the sword as you are hoping to get the charge when you cant charge from the rhino.

Flamer (x2)
    Power Fist; Combi-flamer
    Rhino w/Combi-flamer
    Dont take combi flamers on either the champion or the rhino its a waste of points. Either change to plasmas or stick to the flamers

Sonic Blaster (x7)
    Nice fire support

1 Rhino
    Use Doombolt on the sorcerer, its got better synergy with the inferno bolts.

Use a power fist with the meltas, it allows you to charge a vehicle that you fail to penertrate with the assualt weapons. Claws arent that good. The fist also allows you to shoot your pistol still. Fist > Claws.

Nice choice.

You have nothing that can take out tanks with any real reliablity. You need atleast to Long range AT slots at 1500 to be competative.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I would try and figure a way to work in some oblits or maybe a pred. Like dan was saying you need some long range AT. If you're looking where to cut points first place I would look is the noise marines or 1k sons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi

This is a wide ranging list that IMO is trying to do too much, but I'll try and help out there, (well I hope I will)

Daemon Prince @ 155 Pts

Nice choice which will do well against all oppenents

Power Weapon
    Rhino

As dan jones said a power fist is good and I like his reasons but A power weapon could still work as a cheaper alterntive, just make sure there no walkers etc around to ruin this squads day if your going to cheap the sword. The rhino could really do with extra armour to keep it moving.

Flamer (x2)
    Power Fist; Combi-flamer
    Rhino w/Combi-flamer

Drop all the flamers, although I know your worried about hordes, this is not a brilliant idea. Instead plasma guns work really well on PM's. Again extra armour on the rhino

Sonic Blaster (x7)

I'd drop one man in this squad but other then that its good, (6 man is the sacred number of slanesh so everyone put these squads into 6 which works well and creates a cheap, effective unit)

1 Rhino

I'd drop this squad entirley as was previously suggested as its eating up loads of points that could be better spent else wera in the list

Same as danjones

Nice but I'd drop him, with the saved points get 2 preds with lascannon sponsors for some AT and some much needed armour to take the heat off your rhinos. After this you'll still have some points left over to make all the above minor changes, and expand the front line squads (but not the nurgles)

Hope this helped,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

+ Reply to Thread