Games Day Red Corsairs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ich gehe jetzt.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Games Day Red Corsairs

Well, I just discovered that the Games Day Tournament in LA this year is going to be 1,750 points instead of 1,500 (this will be my second Games Day, first as a participant in the tournament).

I'm not really interested in winning so much as I am interested in testing myself and my list against competitive players and their lists, so I am not too concerned about ultra-competitiveness. However, I have no idea what to do with the last 250 points.

This is what I have for 1,500 pts (and this list is about 75% built and I have no desire to change it, just letting you know for consideration).

Huron Blackheart
    8 Berzerkers in a Rhino w/ EA (Huron rides with these guys)
    2x10 CSMs w/ 2 Meltas, AC w/ Fist, Rhino w/ EA
    5 Bikers (2 Meltas, AC w/ Fist)
    2 Dakka Predators (HB Sponsons)
    1 Las-Pred (Turret mounted LC, LC Sponsons)

So I have two options that I've come up with to raise the list to 250 points, I am open to any suggestions though.

First Option -

10 CSMs, 2 Flamers, AC w/ Fist

This option appeals to me because I want to model it as recent Renegades, using a mix of Loyalist/Chaos parts and color schemes, although I will model my bikers the same, so I was thinking either Raven Guard or White Scars. For these reasons, this is my top choice.

Second Choice -

Plasma Cannon

4 Terminators
    2 Combi-Plasmas
    1 Heavy Flamer

This one, I think, is a little more tactically flexible. The deep striking terminators are a bit weak, but are cheap and primarily serve to cause confusion and distraction in enemy ranks rather than carry the day. The dread is because I like dreads and it's hard to find things that are roughly 100 points without a dread.

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x3)

I'd suggest going with the one you have more experience with. Which by your current list seems to be the CSM in a rhino. The dreddies and termies are nice, but if you're not experienced with him it'd be a lot easier to mess up with them.

And they'd help with swarms. woot.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

+ Reply to Thread