YEA!!! First posted list!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

YEA!!! First posted list!!!

So I've been runnin through the new codex and have decided on making a gamble list. Now if I read daemonic assault right, you only have to break down units to split the army and it's not by points or model count. So with that said I made this 1750

Keeper of Secrets 260pts
    - pavane of slaanesh
    - soporific musk
    - unholy strength

Lord of Change 290pts
    - Breath of Chaos
    - Master of Sorcery

3 units of Fiends of Slaanesh 90pts
    ( 1 fiend for each elite choice)

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch 185pts
    - Bolt of Tzeentch
    - Changeling upgrade
    - 185pts

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch 180pts
    - Bolt of Tzeentch

5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch 85pts

Daemon Prince 200pts
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Wings
    - Soporific musk (hit and run)
    - Breath of Chaos

Daemon Prince 200pts
    - same as above

Daemon Prince 160pts
    - Mark of Tzeentch
    - Bolt of Tzeentch
    - Daemonic Gaze

3 Screamers of Tzeentch 48pts

3 Screamers of Tzeeztch 48pts

TOTAL 1751

So the army is running 13 units which meens I get 7 on the first turn. Now the break down is ALL princes, Greater deamons and the 2 10 man horror squads on one half and the fiends, screamers, and small horrors on the other. I have to field a few cheap units without real purpose to accomplish this. If I role a 1 or 2 then I might have some problems but it hasn't happened yet.:happy:

Here's a break down of my units and why I chose them

I thought Slaanesh and Tzeentch balanced each other very well so I went with the 2 greater Daemons instead of the heralds on charoits and what not. I found them to weak to move about on their own (toughness 4 is unfortunate.) With the exception of blood thirster, Khorne seems a bit slow. It may be impossible for them to catch any mech army on their own.

Lord of Change will mainly be used for dealing with tanks and high armoured units. He kills marines dead. Same goes for the Tzeentch Prince.

Keeper of Secrets and the Slaanesh Princes will be used more for disruption and cc. Pavane can be excellent agaist counter charging units and hit and run with a greater daemon is nuts.

The Horrors seem to be a solid troop choice. I play tau and live and die by the stealth suits. Horrors are not much different as far as volume and weapons. 30 shots, 15 hit, and 8-10 wounds on most other infantry sounds good to me. Cutting up important units so you MC's can get in there will be the main role for these guys.

Fiends are mainly in the list to claim objectives and quaters. They can finish off stragglers as well. The main purpose for them is to make sure I get the most of my army on turn 1.

Screamers of Tzeentch are also just another cheap unit that can be ignored. I'm sure there will be a game when they do something but I won't count on it. Turbo boost to contest a quater is about the best I can hope for here. (at least the models look kinda cool)

C ya later

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

16 (x1)

yay! glad someone else has started making daemon lists besides me (will post mine soon). My first question is, where are your icons? I may be wrong and you may not need them, but otherwise you're going to have a tough time getting things exactly where you need them.

Horrors are indeed great, being able to come down and blast things when they deep strike without having to rely on charging.

I'd try and fit some daemonettes in there though, you've got plenty of anti-tank (bolts, screamers) but you're kinda low on anti-infantry... (remember horrors aren't going to be as accurate as marines, or even stealth suits).

+ Reply to Thread