1,500 Tzeentch/Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

1,500 Tzeentch/Khorne

Well, seeing as this is a brand new shiny forum, maybe I should post something?

My list has seen a few games already, and has performed (I think) pretty well, although the best i have so far is a draw (bloody deep-strike!).

Anyway, the list:

FIRST WAVE:
    Herald of Khorne w/ Unholy Might, attached to
    8 Bloodletters w/ Icon

10 Daemonettes w/ Icon, Transfixing Gaze

5 Flamers

Soulgrinder w/ Phlegm

SECOND WAVE:
    Lord of Change w/ We Are Legion

Herald of Tzeentch w/ Disc, Bolt of Tzeentch, We Are Legion, Master of Sorcery

10 Horrors w/ Icon

8 Bloodletters w/ Icon

Total: 1491pts

Anyone think I've done something completely insane?

-t.

minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Looks good to me, maybe swap the forces around so you can ge some shooting in from the TZeentch first off to weaken the enemy. So swap the bloodletters in force 2 and the flamers in force 1 around, should cause your first force to be shootier, and then when you call in the second force containing the Daemonettes, two units of Bloodletters, the Herald of Khorne and the Soulgrinder, you should be able to cause massive destruction and mayhem among the enmies lines with a bit mroe ease, as they would of been slightly weakened by the first forces shooting.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

I would drop the Icon off of the 'nettes. 'nettes are probably the second worst Icon bearers in the army due to their fragility (the worst are seekers due to being just as fragile and already a huge threat). With the extra points you can get another 2 Bloodletters. This might cause you to have to move some units around, though.

Also, the We are Legion upgrade is pretty expensive for the LoC- I'd be debating its worth (or has it been amazing for you?).

I'll second the idea for a more shooty first wave. Also, Tzeentch daemons are tougher than other kinds due to their high ward saves, so you have a higher chance of survivors after the opponent's turn if you bring in the Tzeentch daemons first. You can also lessen the number of opponents that can shoot at your daemons faster that way, which means higher survivability for your cc units and your shooting units.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

We Are Legion has done awesome things for me, I must say, so I consider it worth the hefty price tag...

As far as getting more shooting in the first wave, this (generally) means getting less assault units in. My main problem with the deepstriking start has been the 'delayed release' of units, as they cannot charge after DSing. This means that assault units in the second wave are pretty much guaranteed not to see combat until at least turn 3, which means I like to keep them in a minimum.

I've played a few more games with the list, and the way it works out atm is generally DSing off to one side, with turn 1 being pretty quiet for both sides. The flamers tend to be a little risky and go up for a flame on a straggling unit, and the soulgrinder generally pops off a phlegm against something pricey.
    Turn 2 then brings the pain, with my first wave charging, the second wave generally turning up at least one shooting unit, which then has the flexibility of positioning itself over the various icons.
    Any straggling units then try and fill any gaps, and/or pick off any enemy units that may have escaped the net...

I may drop the 'nettes and getting more horrors, for a more balanced force, as you guys are quite right, they are pretty squishy, and more shooting never hurts...

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread