WIP Death Guard Force. Help with selection. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP Death Guard Force. Help with selection.

Chaos Lord: 125
    Mark of Nurgle, Power Weapon.

Chaos Sorcerer: 150
    Mark of Nurgle, Doombolt, Nurgle’s Rot, Familiar.

7 Plague Marines: 291
    Plague Champion: Powerfist. Plasmagun, Meltagun, Personal Icon, (Rhino: Daemonic Posession, twin-linked bolter: 60)

7 Plague Marines: 231
    Plague Champion: Powerfist. Plasmagun, Meltagun, Personal Icon.

7 Plague Marines: 216
    Plague Champion: Powersword, Plasmagun, Meltagun.

8 Lesser Daemons: 104

Chaos Predator: 135
    Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons.

Total: 1252

I am aiming to form a small but effective, elite nurgle force using the classic plastic plague marines and the new forgeworld conversion kit. The lord and sorcerer are going to be the 2 nurgle preachers from FW. Please give your opinion on my choices, elaborate upon them and provide new ones.
    N.B (I already own the rhino and predator, so please attempt to help build the force around these as much as possible)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Psychonaut9; May 10th, 2008 at 15:55. Reason: Missed information

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

You only have two pieces of armor, which means they both die. I'd suggest dropping the little demons and pick up some more rhinos. I'd also suggest dropping doom bolt + familar on the sorc, he's kinda built for swarm hunting/IC killing.

And the nurgle lord.... why? If anything, make him a nurgle demon prince so he's then T6 which is amazing. (with wings)
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I second the idea of replacing the lord with a daemon prince. For 25 more points, you get better stats all around, and wings (with MoN still included).

I understand why you went with a lord, having built a lower point list, but a DP would still be worth it.

The concerns about your two tanks must also be echoed. They're the only targets for your opponent's AT weapons, so they'll explode fast - likely within the first couple of turns.

If you marched the majority of your PMs up the center, and kept the Rhino and Pred to the outer flanks while you established your line, maybe it could work. Use of cover would also be key, but it's still risky.

A Rhino can also be good for cover, however, and maybe you'd just play expecting it to blow up. Get it to where you want that to happen your first turn, and just dump the PMs out right away, and you're got a nice wall for the rest of your footsloggers.

To free up the points for the DP, you could change your Pred to AC/HBS, and use the free points for another PF instead of the PW.

Those are just a few things to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Chaos Lord: 125
    Mark of Nurgle, Power Weapon.

I would replace him and keep the sorcerer, maybe a DP with MoN and wings.

Chaos Sorcerer: 150
    Mark of Nurgle, Doombolt, Nurgle’s Rot, Familiar.

Nice.

7 Plague Marines: 291
    Plague Champion: Powerfist. Plasmagun, Meltagun, Personal Icon, (Rhino: Daemonic Posession, twin-linked bolter: 60)

Hmm Drop the daemonic possession on the rhino and the twin linked bolter they really aren't worth the points on the rhino as rhino's are easily destroyed. The rhino here really isn't needed either. Points could be used better as I will explain later.

Also, do either dual plasmas, or dual meltas, I don't recommend mixing the two, it is not real efficient.

7 Plague Marines: 231
    Plague Champion: Powerfist. Plasmagun, Meltagun, Personal Icon.

Same as above either dual plasmas, or dual meltas, don't mix.

7 Plague Marines: 216
    Plague Champion: Powersword, Plasmagun, Meltagun.

Same as above and give your champion a powerfist.

8 Lesser Daemons:

Ditch this squad....They will be ineffective at this point level.

Chaos Predator: 135
    Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons.

Run another a second predator with side sponson lascannons with the points that were freed up from before.

Other then that this list looks pretty solid. Good work

+ Reply to Thread