1500 Nurgle Daemon List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

1500 Nurgle Daemon List

Bought my new Daemon Codex at the weekend. I am adding to the lesser daemons that I used in my 4th ed Deathguard army as the core of a new force.

HQ: Pu’Gath – 300
    HQ: Epidemius – 110
    HQ: The Mask – 100

Troops: 7 Plaguebearers, Icon – 130
    Troops: 7 Plaguebearers – 105
    Troops: 7 Plaguebearers – 105

Troops: 7 Nurglings – 91
    Troops: 7 Nurglings – 91
    Troops: 6 Nurglings – 78

Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoN, Demonic Gaze – 130

Tactics – Leave 2 units of Plaguebearers and the Nurglings in reserve. Princes and the greater daemon shoot targets to get the tally of Nurgle high as soon as possible while they also try to engage units in combat. Epidemius keeps himself buried in a plague bearer unit for his own protection. By the time the Nurglings arrive they could be wounding on a 2+ and later they may even get to be equipped with power weapons.

The Mask is present to compensate for the slow & purposeful rule and drag opponents D6" closer for me to charge. Not really sure about her as she isn't an independant character and may not last long. 3 Beasts of Nurgle could substitute or a suicide BoC Nurgle herald to deepstrike with the flamer template close to an enemy unit.

Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

If you don't get the force you want first the one containing the icon, you are gonna have trouble deep striking where you need the reinforcements the most. Maybe drop the Masque and a few Nurglings and add in another unit of Plague bearers with an icon. Should help if the rules turn against you.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

I think that you may want to give the DPs BoC instead of gaze- you can get more kills that way early with a lucky turn. Also, it may be better to remove the mask for some spitter heralds-> HoN with BoC and a Palequin. I'm fairly certain that you could probably also do more damage with 2 HoN with BoC than with Ku'Gath early on, too. You might also want to add a second Icon to another PB unit just in case the opponent focuses on one just to get it out of the way.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread