1500 competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 competitive

I've a series of tourneys coming up and would like a hand with the list i'm going to use

HQ
    Damone Prince "Failbird" Wings, MoT, Warptime, Doombolt

Troops

Summoned lesser daemons (10)
    Thousand sons ( Personal Icon, + Sorceror w doombolt + melta bombs, Rhino
    CSM (10) Plasma Gun (2) IoCG, Champ w PWR Fist, Rhino
    CSM (10) Plasma Gun (2) IoCG, Champ w PWR Sword

Heavy Support

Obliterators (2)
    Obliterators (2)
    Predator Sponson Heavy Bolters

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ

Nice setup...

Troops

Not a fan fo them...they don't seem to be worth the points when I use them,,,

drop the melta bombs he doesn't need them.

Nicely setup.

Nicely setup here too.

Heavy Support

Obliterators (2)
    Obliterators (2)

Nice heavy slots...Do you plan to deep strike the oblits? Or have them start off on the table top? You might want to consider a bit more armour but it isn't a def. need. I would say play a few a games and add if needed.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by M'muth View Post

HQ
    Nice setup here, remember hes going to be VERY expensive too

Troops
    Id look at dropping the daemons, they arent as cost effective as other choices available.
    The last squad needs a powerfist and rhino, other wise its the first target for all anti infantry weapons on the board. Keep the melta bombs, they will be useful when you get caught by the rogue dreadnaught or defiler.
    Heavy Support

Obliterators (2)
    Obliterators (2)
    Id be careful here. You have a big choice here, if you deep strike your oblits then you leave yourself without AT power for atleast two turns, if you deploy them then you run the risk of loosing them before they dish out the pain.

I would consider dropping doombolt on the prince for BoC, it means you have more AT power from the start.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I agree with danjones87 on the troops section. I also think you'd do well to lose a squad of obliterators for an anti tank pred. autocannon lascannon setup.

With the loss of the daemons i'd pick up a rhino for that other squad add in a powerfist and change the other predator to another anti tank ped (same setup). Any extra points i'd spend on your Prince or adding in another thousand son.

In the end this would give you 3 rhinos and 2 AT preds. A good strong 5 vehicles and also a good basis of speed to take objectives and move the force around the table.

The AT preds should be able to handle armoured targets. The troops will be fine on their own and some Deep striking obliterators (from the icons) might be of use too if given the chance.:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a think about the army and decided to take the plasma off the CSM rhino squad and give them a pair of flamers and a khorne icon instead, so I can cope with hoarde armies better.
    Since I had 5 points free, i've left the bombs on the 1k sons since its useful at times to have that threat, i've had people park their LR close knowing its safe from anything that I can do to it
    I've never really had alot of Luck with anti-tank preds in the past, they bounch off the armour or start off the table due to escalation so at best I get them turn two and even then they can't fire at full effectiveness due to moving, so I much prefer a deppstriking obliterator with a tl melta gun to take out tanks. In this list, depending on opponent i'd most likely deepstrike one unit
    In our local scene we have several ork players who regularly field 100+ models at this points limit so you need some form of anti hoard, hence the dakka predator. Daemon units are also surprisngly useful versus orks and gaunt hoardes. Due to escalation, our tounies have at least two missions that use this rule, and the desire to field daemons, I MUST have an icon on the table at the start of turn two so can't risk a rhino transport for them. I could possibly drop their second plasma for an autocannon and then the melta bombs from the 1k sons to afford a PWR-Fist for the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya ude have a problem with my 18 mortars, 16 plasma guns, and over 100 basic dudes the flamers are a nice touch ps enough twelve yr olds can clog up any finly oiled machiene the 12 yr olds are my ig and ure csm are the finly tuned machiene.
    all hail the deus mechanicus

+ Reply to Thread