1000pts for the 13th BC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

1000pts for the 13th BC

Hi guys, thought id start putting up my own list to get fine tuned. The list is obviously speed orientated, anyone got any suggestions on what to change to improve it? Im kinda torn between an extra bike and the noise champion with doom siren. Ive included the siren in this list but it can easily be removed for another bike. Another option would be to scrap the bikes altogether and go for a defiler. Help!

HQ
    Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, Wings and Daemon Weapon 'The Blissgiver' 155
    Retinue
    FA
    5 Raptors, 2 Plasma Pistols 130

Elite
    5 Chosen, 1 Flamer, 1 Combi-Melta, 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Powerfist, 1 Pair of lightning claws. 165

Troops
    5 Marines, Rhino, Pintle mounted combi-plasma. 120
    5 Noise Marines, 5 Sonic Blasters, 1 marine upgraded to Aspiring Champion with Doom Siren. 155

Fast Attack
    4 Bikes, 2 Melta's. 152

Total 997

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    HQ
    Retinue
    FA
    The lord is nice. The raptors should have meltaguns not plasma pistols, you will never stand still and fire twice with them so the meltas will be more beneficail. Powerfist champion would be nice too.
    Elite
    5 Chosen, 1 Flamer, 1 Combi-Melta, 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Powerfist, 1 Pair of lightning claws. 165
    Why not focus this squad, at present its the jack of all trades, its not effieciently performing any task. Reconsider its role in your army and then try to focus on it.
    Ie, combat, power weapons, powerfists and lightening claws
    anti MEQ, plasma guns.
    Anti tank, meltas and fists.
    Troops
    5 Noise Marines, 5 Sonic Blasters, 1 marine upgraded to Aspiring Champion with Doom Siren. 155
    Why take the combi weapons on the tanks? one stray shot and it will be destroyed. Id go for meltas on the troops instead. The Noise marines are good they could do with a rhino though.
    Fast Attack
    4 Bikes, 2 Melta's. 152
    Nice choice here.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Graham! Always a pleasure to have you here buddy.

Let's see what we can find.

HQ
    Retinue
    Certainly fluffy. Amusingly, a Slaaneshi daemon prince with wings and Lash is actually cheaper. Have you considered one of these?

FA
    Ok, I would strongly suggest melta guns on these guys. The reasons are as follow:
    • Melta tech is stronger - instant kill
    • Bonuses to armour penetration
    • Raptors come equipped with bolt pistol and Spork as standard, so they don't lose an attack from the meltagun
    • You won't kill yourself by shooting

*edit* i've just realised that Dan's commented on this list.

His advice is solid mate. Trust what he has to say, i'd just be repeating him.

Also, are you coming to the LO meet at all buddy?

Papa K
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Thanks guys, the raptors are getting those melta's! I was being thick and forgot melta's were assault weapons!

The Lord would very well be a deamon prince, ive used lucius' body and a possessed head, im just not sure i want the LOS, id rather take the blissgiver for the extra attacks.

The chosen are themed. They all have assault weaponary and will infiltrate up close to either a HQ unit or mojor vehicle and assault asap. Fluff wise they represent a unit of fallen dark angels so i wanted them to each have their own flavour.

The rhino's, the only reason ive given them guns is because the squad size is so small i thought the extra weapons would help support them, and if the tank was bust Id still have the troops. Ill probably reconsider that and take your advice.

Im still toying with the idea of dropping the bikes for a defiler, any advice on that?

Papa K, im not attending the LO meet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I think it would be better to lose the chosen altogether in favor of more marines and special weapons in the regular troop squads.

I just have a feeling 5 chosen aren't going to stand up for that long and it would be better to concentrate more bodies in the rhinos and special weapons on them too. Meltas and powerfists on the troops would work wonders too if you got the extra points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ
    Retinue

Nice setup am a fan of the daemon weapon myself.

FA

Get a champ with fist and invest in IoCG...these guys are on your front lines...also drop the plasmas if you plan to run these with your lord...

Elite
    5 Chosen, 1 Flamer, 1 Combi-Melta, 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Powerfist, 1 Pair of lightning claws 165

I would suggest dropping this whole squad and getting more raptors...

Troops

You need more troops here, I suggest droppiong the combi plasma completely as a rhino is being used to transport not to shoot...But you need at least 3-5 more guys in both of these squads...also champ with fist and IoCG

Drop the champ with doom siren and invest in, blast master instead...

Fast Attack
    4 Bikes, 2 Melta's. 152

Drop this squad completely...no need for bikers and raptors in a 1K game...Use this for getting more troops and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x7)

Thanks for the advice. Ive revised the list and changed some things around. Heres how it now looks.

HQ
    Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, Wings and Daemon Weapon 'The Blissgiver' 155 Retinue FA
    5 Raptors, 2 Melta's 120

Elite
    5 Chosen, 1 Flamer, 1 Combi-Melta, 1 Combi-melta or Melta, 1 Powerfist, 1 Pair of lightning claws. 160 (these guys are a key part of the fluff of my army, they are staying, but ive swapped out the plasma pistol for a melta or multimelta)

Troops
    10 Marines, Melta, Lascannon Rhino. 215
    5 Noise Marines, 4 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, Rhino 195

Fast Attack
    4 Bikes, 2 Melta's. 152

Total 997

If I was to drop the Bikers id take another 5 marines. Upgrade on to a champion and give him a powerfist and give the squad a rhino and a flamer. That would make the 1000points. OR Increase the noise marines to 10, add another 5 sonic blaster and include a champion with doom siren.

Anyone got any comments on which unit would be better (bikes/marines/increased noise marines)or anything else to do with the list?
    Last edited by macewind; May 29th, 2008 at 12:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ
    Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, Wings and Daemon Weapon 'The Blissgiver' 155 Retinue

Nice setup

FA

5 Raptors, 2 Melta's 120

Champ with fist is needed here.

Elite
    5 Chosen, 1 Flamer, 1 Combi-Melta, 1 Combi-melta or Melta, 1 Powerfist, 1 Pair of lightning claws. 160 (these guys are a key part of the fluff of my army, they are staying, but ive swapped out the plasma pistol for a melta or multimelta)

Drop this squad....I will explain later in this post.

Troops
    10 Marines, Melta, Lascannon Rhino. 215

Give them another melta....if you move you cannot shoot the lascannon, if you don't move they will target you....

5 Noise Marines, 4 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, Rhino 195

This is alright.

You need more troops, there is no way around it...15 troops is just not enough even in a 1K game....

Fast Attack
    4 Bikes, 2 Melta's. 152

Drop this squad for 2xOlbiterators for more anti tank.

Total 997

+ Reply to Thread