1850 Khorne Themed Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

1850 Khorne Themed Army

Greetings,

I am posting this list on behalf of a friend of mine, and wanted to get your opinion(s).
    I'm going off of memory, so wargear options might be shifted

HQ
    Kharn the Betrayer

Summoned Greater Daemon (Bloodthirster)

Elites
    Chaos Terminators
    5 Terminators
    5 Lightning Claws
    Icon of Khorne
    Terminator Champion

Troops
    Khorne Berserkers
    10 Berserkers
    Plasma Pistol
    Skull Champion
    --Power Weapon
    --Melta Bombs

Chaos Space Marines
    10 Marines
    Melta Gun
    Icon of Khorne
    Aspiring Champion
    --Power Fist

Summoned Lesser Daemons (Bloodletters)
    10 Daemons

Fast Attack
    Chaos Bikers
    5 Bikers
    Icon of Khorne
    Melta Gun x2
    Aspiring Champion
    --Power Fist

Heavy Support
    Land Raider
    Pintle combi-bolter (Can also be used as a dedicated transport for the terminators to save HS slots)

Predator
    Sponson Heavy Bolters
    Havoc Launcher
    Daemonic Possession

Notes:
    Chaos terminators are magnetized, so I can equip them with up to 5 combi-bolters, 5 power weapons, 5 power fists, up to 2 combi-plasma, and/or Heavy Flamer

Bike Champion uses a possessed hand to also count as bike lord w/ daemon weapon if necessary.

Land raider may function as dedicated transport if needed to save Heavy Support slots.

Suggestions? I am getting the bloodthirster and bloodletters as summoned daemons because they are fluffy, and will provide a core for a Daemon Army if I want.

Very Respectfully,
    --Josh

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ
    Kharn the Betrayer

Nice setup.

Summoned Greater Daemon (Bloodthirster)

you can use a blood thirster model, but he will NOT have any special rules for the blood thirster...he has to have the stat line of the greater daemon.

Elites
    Chaos Terminators
    5 Terminators
    5 Lightning Claws
    Icon of Khorne
    Terminator Champion

Drop the championm. give them 4x combi meltas, 1x heavy flamer and 1x pfist for the guy with the heavy flamer.

Troops
    Khorne Berserkers
    10 Berserkers
    Plasma Pistol
    Skull Champion
    --Power Weapon
    --Melta Bombs

drop the melta bombs, give the champ a pfist over pweapon drop the plasma pistol as well.

Chaos Space Marines
    10 Marines
    Melta Gun
    Icon of Khorne
    Aspiring Champion
    --Power Fist

2x meltas can be taken here. If you need extra points you can drop the zerker squad down to 8 strong.

10 Daemons

lesser daemons are not worth it and again here they have to take the basic lesser daemon rules not the bloodletter rules as daemons cann no longer ally with chaos.

Fast Attack
    Chaos Bikers
    5 Bikers
    Icon of Khorne
    Melta Gun x2
    Aspiring Champion
    --Power Fist

Nicely setup here.

Heavy Support
    Land Raider
    Pintle combi-bolter (Can also be used as a dedicated transport for the terminators to save HS slots)

LR's as transports is not a good idea because they do not count as scoring units...so just be aware if you do that that is XXX points that you cannot score with.

Predator
    Sponson Heavy Bolters
    Havoc Launcher
    Daemonic Possession

drop the havoc launcher...do you plan on moving this every turn? If not drop the DP and invest in side sponson lascannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x1)

Thanks for your input!

I know that the daemons have to use the rules as listed in the Chaos codex. I just listed the models I planned on using for them. (And also, when/if I build a daemon army, I'll have a core force for it.)

Combi-Melta's for the Terminators is an interesting suggestion. If I deep strike them, they would victimize anything within the melta range. I was thinking combi-plasmas though. (I have enough parts to magnetize just about any loadout you can think of for a 5 man squad, except for the combi-weapons)

The reason I gave the berserker champion a power weapon, was to take advantage of furious charge. I figure the boosts would make him even more burly when he gets the charge. That, and I just don't like spamming power fists all over the place. There is something inherently elegant in a keen edge that I like to have in my forces. Though dropping the plasma pistol is a sound idea.

Are you sure I can take 2 meltas in the chaos marine squad? (I may have been playing loyalist for too long)

The summoned lesser daemons are a bit of a point sink, but I wanted to keep it fluffy. Are the lesser daemons really that useless? (I can always add more marines)

Glad you approve of hte biker setup. That is virtually a carbon copy of my ravenwing bikers (one less bike)

Yeah, since the chaos codex doesn't allow for dedicated land raiders to claim objectives like their loyalist counterparts.

Lascannons would probably be pretty effective on the Predator, but I just wanted something that would rip eldar apart. (Since Eldar will likely be the most commonly faced opponent.) The vehicle's possession was more of a fluff thing, mixed with needing to kill off the last few points in the list. I could always get another marine somewhere.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into some of the changes. I am going for a theme of frothing berserkers and crazy-go-nuts assaults. So I thought the predator would do well enough to soften up the enemy. Maybe a vindicator would be better?

Respectfully,
    --Forsaken
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken2544 View Post
    Thanks for your input!

I know that the daemons have to use the rules as listed in the Chaos codex. I just listed the models I planned on using for them. (And also, when/if I build a daemon army, I'll have a core force for it.)
    Okay I was just making sure.

Combi-Melta's for the Terminators is an interesting suggestion. If I deep strike them, they would victimize anything within the melta range. I was thinking combi-plasmas though. (I have enough parts to magnetize just about any loadout you can think of for a 5 man squad, except for the combi-weapons)
    Meltas are better anti tank. that is why i suggested them.

The reason I gave the berserker champion a power weapon, was to take advantage of furious charge. I figure the boosts would make him even more burly when he gets the charge. That, and I just don't like spamming power fists all over the place. There is something inherently elegant in a keen edge that I like to have in my forces. Though dropping the plasma pistol is a sound idea.
    Well he still gets the strength bonus just not the I bonus...so he strikes at S9...Which is much better then S6 on the charge...Will make him able to taker out fexes and stuff. It is a good idea. I used to not give them powerfists til I actually tried it. try it for a game if you odn't like it change it back.

Are you sure I can take 2 meltas in the chaos marine squad? (I may have been playing loyalist for too long)
    Aye as long as they are over 10 strong. If it is less then ten then no.

The summoned lesser daemons are a bit of a point sink, but I wanted to keep it fluffy. Are the lesser daemons really that useless? (I can always add more marines)
    I would suggest dropping them for more marines. They really are...I mean they are good for tying up units but they generally die very easily.

Glad you approve of hte biker setup. That is virtually a carbon copy of my ravenwing bikers (one less bike)
    Lol Awesome.

Yeah, since the chaos codex doesn't allow for dedicated land raiders to claim objectives like their loyalist counterparts.
    Yeah it IS however effective for anti tank...so I don't suggest taking it out...but I dont suggest keeping it as a dedicated transport.

Lascannons would probably be pretty effective on the Predator, but I just wanted something that would rip eldar apart. (Since Eldar will likely be the most commonly faced opponent.) The vehicle's possession was more of a fluff thing, mixed with needing to kill off the last few points in the list. I could always get another marine somewhere.
    Yeah DP isn't good on a pred only because you lose one BS skill and you need to be able to hit more then if it were a 4+...

Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into some of the changes. I am going for a theme of frothing berserkers and crazy-go-nuts assaults. So I thought the predator would do well enough to soften up the enemy. Maybe a vindicator would be better?
    Umm I am not big on vindicators...but it would do the trick..
    Last edited by Meish; May 31st, 2008 at 22:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LR's as transports is not a good idea because they do not count as scoring units...so just be aware if you do that that is XXX points that you cannot score with.
    I believe a LR can score even if it is a dedicated transport, there was a big argument about it at the place where I play and it was concluded that a LR can score because it is not a transport choice, it's still a LR and heavy support, even though it does not take up a slot.

Everything that Meish suggested is fine, the only thing I would say is that your army seems like it is dominantly close range or close combat, you should probably consider rhinos for your squads to get them across the board faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathInc View Post
    I believe a LR can score even if it is a dedicated transport, there was a big argument about it at the place where I play and it was concluded that a LR can score because it is not a transport choice, it's still a LR and heavy support, even though it does not take up a slot.

Everything that Meish suggested is fine, the only thing I would say is that your army seems like it is dominantly close range or close combat, you should probably consider rhinos for your squads to get them across the board faster.

I was a bit confused...if you need clarification check pg 85 of the 40K rulebook, it talks about scoring units and such there.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

According to the page in the rulebook that Meish referenced above, dedicated transports do not count as scoring units. I seem to recall something that made Land Raiders different, but I'm not positive if that's just my mind playing tricks on me or not. I'm going to check though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x1)

I'm thinking about dropping the summoned Lesser Daemons and Predator for a squad of obliterators and some more chaos marines. This should give me a little bit more long range firepower, and keep an 'all infantry' theme.

In regards to Land Raiders as scoring units. in the Space Marine codex they are described as 'potent engines of war' and are counted as scoring units despite being dedicated transports. Unfortunately, that line is not reproduced in any other codex that features land raiders. (Not Dark Angels, Not Black Blood Angels, and not Chaos Space Marines)

Thanks for your inputs again!

Very Respectfully,
    --Forsaken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to Land Raiders as scoring units. in the Space Marine codex they are described as 'potent engines of war' and are counted as scoring units despite being dedicated transports. Unfortunately, that line is not reproduced in any other codex that features land raiders. (Not Dark Angels, Not Black Blood Angels, and not Chaos Space Marines)
    Alright that's what I was thinking of, I thought that rule carried to the other codices but I guess I was wrong.
    Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them

-Obi-wan Kenobi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathInc View Post
    Alright that's what I was thinking of, I thought that rule carried to the other codices but I guess I was wrong.
    I think Space marines...(Not chaos) have a special rule where LR's at dedicated transports can be scoring units...but it is only for them,...I am pretty sure...I just couldn't find it last night...When I locate it in the codex I will post the page here.

+ Reply to Thread